This past weekend, CitySurfing Orlando attended the 10th Birthday Celebration at LEGOLAND Florida, and we learned about a bunch of new attractions and events planned for the coming year.
The park officially opened October 15, 2011, on the grounds of what was formerly Cypress Gardens. During the official celebration that kicked off the day, Winter Haven mayor Brad Dantzler declared October 15 would now be known as LEGOLAND Day in the city.
Then, in front of a 20-foot-tall cake made of Lego bricks, Rex Jackson, managing director for Legoland Parks in North America, talked about the new attractions coming to LEGOLAND Florida.
That morning he officially opened The LEGOLAND Story, a walk-through exhibit that shows the histories of Cypress Gardens, Lego, and LEGOLAND parks worldwide plus displays of minifigures and building activities for youngsters. Guests can also look in on “master model builders” creating new figures for the park.
It and the new LEGOLAND Coffee Co. are located near the entrance to the park, in the building that formerly held the Market Restaurant and Coffee shop.
The LEGOLAND Coffee Co. features new flash-chilled iced coffee and seasonal flavors, plus hand-held breakfast items like tavern ham, baby swiss and egg croissant sandwiches, sundried tomato and spinach frittata wraps, and triple-smoked bacon quiche cups.
LEGOLAND Florida continues its installation of giant white tarps high above its popular Miniland USA area to provide shade for people and its miniature representations of American landmarks. They look to be about half done:
But the biggest news was that the park will be opening the new Pirate River Quest in 2022.
Set sail with a rowdy crew of LEGO® pirates on Captain’s orders to explore the murky waters and retrieve the lost treasure, stolen by a troop of mischievous monkeys. You’ll journey through the uncharted waters of the legendary Cypress Gardens and discover the secrets protecting its canals, as this all-new story unfolds brick by brick into a family-friendly treasure hunt.
Here is the video preview we got to watch:
And of course, during the 10th Birthday celebration, the park’s regular events will be bigger than ever.
This January, the park will bring back PirateFest Weekends, and LEGO® NINJAGO® Days will also return in 2022. The AWE-Summer celebration will also introduce some new LEGO® characters next summer.
Here is a video recap of all of the announcements:
2022 Annual Passes are now on sale for LEGOLAND Florida Resort. The Awesomer and Awesomest Annual Passes will now include a 20 percent discount on all food and beverages around the Resort, in addition to its 10 percent discount on all shopping purchases.
The Awesomer Pass and Awesomest Pass will also include exclusive show seating at LEGOLAND Florida Theme Park, discounted photo prints and up to three complimentary guest 1-day, 3-park (LEGOLAND® Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Water Park and Peppa Pig Theme Park, which opens in 2022) admission tickets when purchased in full at for $229.99 for the Awesomer Pass and $299.99 for Awesomest Pass.
Learn more about the park, admission options, and vacation packages at LEGOLAND.com/florida.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023