Mia’s Italian Kitchen is one of my favorite places to eat on I-Drive, and we were recently invited to try out their Family-Style Dining menu.
The Family-Style Dining menu features most of the restaurants All-Day menu of appetizers, pasta, pizza, and more, and for $35 per person, you can enjoy as much as you want from the available options.
My guest and I arrived hungry so we could try a little bit of everything, but the menu was still more than a match for us.
We started with our favorite Zucchini Fries, which are coated in a Parmesan-batter and served with a charred lemon aioli for dipping. The fries were thicker than last time we had them – they were more quarters than fries, but this helped with the zucchini flavor to batter ratio and we loved them even more. A definite must-do when eating here.
Nest we tried the Giant Meatball, featuring a 12 oz. house-made all-beef meatball in a rustic crushed marinara, and served with Parmesan cheese and two slices of hearty toasted bread. We were pleasantly surprised by a melted ball of mozzarella in the center of the meatball, but it’s a lot of food, so you’ll want to share. If you have carnivores in the group, definitely order this.
Next we tried a few of the pastas. The Bucatini Cacio e Pepe is a simple dish, and Mia’s did it very well. The al dente noodles were tossed in the creamed pecorino romano and dusted with sea salt and black pepper. Our definite favorite of the two we tried.
For contrast, we also tried the Rigatoni alla Bolognese, but I found the meat sauce too salty, and the noodles were on the chilled side. I’ve had it before and it was really good, but this time, not so much.
To go with the pastas, we tried the Chicken Parmigiana, as well. It was evenly cooked and just right on the breading. It came topped with a little dollop of the marinara and melted mozzarella. We both really enjoyed this dish, which comes two to an order. It was good on its own, and also enhanced the Cacio e Pepe.
Our last entree was the Brick-oven Pan Pizza. We went with traditional pepperoni, and it was one of our favorite dishes of the night. The dough was fully cooked, and it was topped with my favorite kind of pepperoni…the kind that curls up at the edges for a bit of char. We will definitely get this again!
It’s not a feast without dessert, so we ordered both of the ones on the menu.
The Cannoli was traditional, accented by a sweet amaretto-candied orange peel-ricotta filling and chocolate chip studded ends.
My favorite was the Olive Oil Cake, that tasted like an Italian shortcake, covered in a mascarpone frosting, and macerated fruit. So delicious and a perfect ending to the meal.
All this and we barely tasted half of the offerings on the Family-Style Dining menu. There are also salads, seafood dishes, and more that we didn’t get a chance to sample.
If you’re hungry, or just want to try a little of everything and share with the table, the Family-Style Dining menu at Mia’s Italian Kitchen is definitely for you.
The restaurant is located on International Drive, just south of ICON Park, near the Orange County Convention Center. For the full menu or to make reservations (recommended, especially on weekends), visit miasitalian.com/orlando-fl/orlando-home.
Disclaimer: We were invited to sample the Family-Style Dining menu for purposes of this review. As always, our opinions are honest, and our own.
- Universal Orlando Reopens Tonight After Hurricane Ian with Halloween Horror Nights .. #UniveralOrlando #HurricaneIan - September 30, 2022
- Walt Disney World to Reopen In Phases After Hurricane Ian Starting Sept 30, 2022 .. #HurricaneIan #WaltDisneyWorld - September 29, 2022
- Hurricane Ian Cancellations, Postponements, And More For Orlando and Central Florida * UPDATED * .. #HurricaneIan - September 27, 2022
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts Reduces Pricing Ahead of Hurricane Ian .. @RosenHotels #HurricaneIan - September 27, 2022
- ‘Festival of Trees’ Returns to Orlando Museum of Art Nov 11-20, 2022 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees #Councilof101 - September 26, 2022
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts ‘SIX The Musical’ in Orlando October 4–9, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr @SIXBroadway #OrlandoBroadwaySeries #OrlandoArts - September 19, 2022
- Pirates Dinner Adventure to host Halloween-themed Vampirates Dinner Show .. #PiratesDinnerAdventure #Vampirates #Halloween - September 16, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s ‘Orlando Burger Week’ Offers $7 Burger Deals Sept 14-28, 2022 .. #OrlandoBurgerWeek #OrlandoFoodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 9, 2022
- Teak Neighborhood Grill to Host Annual “Burger World Tour” Month With $7 Daily Burgers Starting Sept 1, 2022 .. @TeakOrlando #TeakOrlando #OrlandoBurgers #Foodies - August 29, 2022
- Out and About: Magical Dining at Taverna Opa in Orlando .. #TavernaOpa #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining - August 24, 2022