Mia’s Italian Kitchen is one of my favorite places to eat on I-Drive, and we were recently invited to try out their Family-Style Dining menu.
The Family-Style Dining menu features most of the restaurants All-Day menu of appetizers, pasta, pizza, and more, and for $35 per person, you can enjoy as much as you want from the available options.
My guest and I arrived hungry so we could try a little bit of everything, but the menu was still more than a match for us.
We started with our favorite Zucchini Fries, which are coated in a Parmesan-batter and served with a charred lemon aioli for dipping. The fries were thicker than last time we had them – they were more quarters than fries, but this helped with the zucchini flavor to batter ratio and we loved them even more. A definite must-do when eating here.
Nest we tried the Giant Meatball, featuring a 12 oz. house-made all-beef meatball in a rustic crushed marinara, and served with Parmesan cheese and two slices of hearty toasted bread. We were pleasantly surprised by a melted ball of mozzarella in the center of the meatball, but it’s a lot of food, so you’ll want to share. If you have carnivores in the group, definitely order this.
Next we tried a few of the pastas. The Bucatini Cacio e Pepe is a simple dish, and Mia’s did it very well. The al dente noodles were tossed in the creamed pecorino romano and dusted with sea salt and black pepper. Our definite favorite of the two we tried.
For contrast, we also tried the Rigatoni alla Bolognese, but I found the meat sauce too salty, and the noodles were on the chilled side. I’ve had it before and it was really good, but this time, not so much.
To go with the pastas, we tried the Chicken Parmigiana, as well. It was evenly cooked and just right on the breading. It came topped with a little dollop of the marinara and melted mozzarella. We both really enjoyed this dish, which comes two to an order. It was good on its own, and also enhanced the Cacio e Pepe.
Our last entree was the Brick-oven Pan Pizza. We went with traditional pepperoni, and it was one of our favorite dishes of the night. The dough was fully cooked, and it was topped with my favorite kind of pepperoni…the kind that curls up at the edges for a bit of char. We will definitely get this again!
It’s not a feast without dessert, so we ordered both of the ones on the menu.
The Cannoli was traditional, accented by a sweet amaretto-candied orange peel-ricotta filling and chocolate chip studded ends.
My favorite was the Olive Oil Cake, that tasted like an Italian shortcake, covered in a mascarpone frosting, and macerated fruit. So delicious and a perfect ending to the meal.
All this and we barely tasted half of the offerings on the Family-Style Dining menu. There are also salads, seafood dishes, and more that we didn’t get a chance to sample.
If you’re hungry, or just want to try a little of everything and share with the table, the Family-Style Dining menu at Mia’s Italian Kitchen is definitely for you.
The restaurant is located on International Drive, just south of ICON Park, near the Orange County Convention Center. For the full menu or to make reservations (recommended, especially on weekends), visit miasitalian.com/orlando-fl/orlando-home.
Disclaimer: We were invited to sample the Family-Style Dining menu for purposes of this review. As always, our opinions are honest, and our own.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021