Visiting Walt Disney World will be a bit different when it launches the new Disney Genie service on October 19, 2021.
Disney Genie will be integrated into the My Disney Experience app, and there will be two parts to it:
The complimentary part of the Disney Genie service offers new features like the ability to make personalized itineraries in the app that will alert users to wait times, and allow guests to build the itinerary around their existing plans like dining reservations and Park Hopper preferences.
I think this part will be beneficial for guests, as it will also suggest attractions that may have shorter wait times in the vicinity.
The other part of the Disney Genie is an add-on called Disney Genie+ and it pertains to the also new Lightning Lane that will replace the FastPass lane at attractions.
Disney Genie+ will cost $15 per person per day and offer access the rebranded Lightning Lane queues with shorter waits than the standby lines. This is basically the previous FastPass service, only now you have to pay for it.
Plus each of Disney World’s four parks will hold back a couple of its most popular rides from Lightning Lane availability within Genie+, and those Lightning Lanes be available separately for a cost of $7-$15 (depending on demand) per person, per ride. Guests won’t be able to pay for more than two of these one-time Lightning Lane+ experiences.
For instance, Epcot’s Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be $9 on its debut weekday on Oct. 19, but that will bump up to $11 on the busier Saturday of that week. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will stay at $15 throughout the first week.
I love Disney Genie for its free itinerary planner, and the ability to snag a suddenly available dining reservation. But the pay features I personally will skip, and I can’t see a family of four that has stretched the budget to vacation at Disney to be able to afford all these extra fees. Even the Genie+ will come to $60 per day extra for a family of four.
For more details on Disney Genie+ and a list of Lightning Lane attractions, you can visit Disneyworld.com.
- Out and About: Family-Style Dining at Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive .. @MiasItalian_Orl #MiasItalianKitchen #DiningReview - October 19, 2021
- World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park to Open in Central Florida Feb 2022 .. #PeppaPigFlorida @PeppaPigFlorida - October 14, 2021
- The Orange Cup Regatta Returns to Lakeland Oct 16-17, 2021 .. #OrangeCupRegatta @APBA_Racing @CentralFLSports - October 13, 2021
- Universal’s Mardi Gras Returns to Universal Orlando in 2022 .. @UniversalOrlando #MardiGras - October 12, 2021
- Disney Genie and Lightning Lane Launch Oct. 19 at Walt Disney World .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyGenie #LightningLane - October 10, 2021
- Come Out With Pride Orlando Takes Over Lake Eola Oct. 9, 2021 .. #ComeOutWithPride @orlandopride - October 7, 2021
- Universal Orlando To Close Shrek 4-D Attraction .. @UniversalOrlando #Shrek4D - October 6, 2021
- Celebrate National Taco Day 2021 With These Orlando-Area Restaurant Deals .. #NationalTacoDay #OrlandoTacos #OrlandoFoodies - October 4, 2021
- IMMERSE 2021 to Take Over Downtown Orlando Oct 15-17! .. #IMMERSEOrlando #OrlandoArts #CreativeCity #JOYBOX #COLORDAYOrlando - October 2, 2021
- Brick Or Treat Returns To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Oct 2, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat - September 30, 2021