Visiting Walt Disney World will be a bit different when it launches the new Disney Genie service on October 19, 2021.
Disney Genie will be integrated into the My Disney Experience app, and there will be two parts to it:
The complimentary part of the Disney Genie service offers new features like the ability to make personalized itineraries in the app that will alert users to wait times, and allow guests to build the itinerary around their existing plans like dining reservations and Park Hopper preferences.
I think this part will be beneficial for guests, as it will also suggest attractions that may have shorter wait times in the vicinity.
The other part of the Disney Genie is an add-on called Disney Genie+ and it pertains to the also new Lightning Lane that will replace the FastPass lane at attractions.
Disney Genie+ will cost $15 per person per day and offer access the rebranded Lightning Lane queues with shorter waits than the standby lines. This is basically the previous FastPass service, only now you have to pay for it.
Plus each of Disney World’s four parks will hold back a couple of its most popular rides from Lightning Lane availability within Genie+, and those Lightning Lanes be available separately for a cost of $7-$15 (depending on demand) per person, per ride. Guests won’t be able to pay for more than two of these one-time Lightning Lane+ experiences.
For instance, Epcot’s Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be $9 on its debut weekday on Oct. 19, but that will bump up to $11 on the busier Saturday of that week. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will stay at $15 throughout the first week.
I love Disney Genie for its free itinerary planner, and the ability to snag a suddenly available dining reservation. But the pay features I personally will skip, and I can’t see a family of four that has stretched the budget to vacation at Disney to be able to afford all these extra fees. Even the Genie+ will come to $60 per day extra for a family of four.
For more details on Disney Genie+ and a list of Lighnting Lane attractions, you can visit Disneyworld.com.
- ‘Sip And Savor’ Highlights Orlando Restaurants And Bars Aug 8-21, 2022 .. #SipandSavorOTown #Foodies #EatLocal - August 8, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Craft Beer Festival Returns Starting Aug 5, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer #Orlando - August 4, 2022
- Brightline Construction Road Closures for August 2022 .. #Brightline #Orlando - August 3, 2022
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Hosting Back-To-School Giveaway Aug 1-7, 2022 .. #MuseumofIllusions #MOIOrlando #ICONPark - July 31, 2022
- Bites & Bubbles Kicks Off Happy Hour August 1, 2022 .. #BitesandBubbles #HappyHour #OrlandoHappyHours - July 30, 2022
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 25-Aug 7, 2022 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 24, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launches at Walt Disney World July 27 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicBandPlus - July 21, 2022
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Returns Aug. 26, 2022 .. #MagicalDining @VisitOrlando #Foodies - July 20, 2022
- Howl-O-Scream Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Starting Sept 9, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HowlOScream #OrlandoHalloween @HowlOScreamOrl - July 18, 2022
- Gatorland Offering Florida Resident Deal Through July 31, 2022 .. #Gatorland #Deals #FloridaResident - July 14, 2022