Visiting Walt Disney World will be a bit different when it launches the new Disney Genie service on October 19, 2021.
Disney Genie will be integrated into the My Disney Experience app, and there will be two parts to it:
The complimentary part of the Disney Genie service offers new features like the ability to make personalized itineraries in the app that will alert users to wait times, and allow guests to build the itinerary around their existing plans like dining reservations and Park Hopper preferences.
I think this part will be beneficial for guests, as it will also suggest attractions that may have shorter wait times in the vicinity.
The other part of the Disney Genie is an add-on called Disney Genie+ and it pertains to the also new Lightning Lane that will replace the FastPass lane at attractions.
Disney Genie+ will cost $15 per person per day and offer access the rebranded Lightning Lane queues with shorter waits than the standby lines. This is basically the previous FastPass service, only now you have to pay for it.
Plus each of Disney World’s four parks will hold back a couple of its most popular rides from Lightning Lane availability within Genie+, and those Lightning Lanes be available separately for a cost of $7-$15 (depending on demand) per person, per ride. Guests won’t be able to pay for more than two of these one-time Lightning Lane+ experiences.
For instance, Epcot’s Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be $9 on its debut weekday on Oct. 19, but that will bump up to $11 on the busier Saturday of that week. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will stay at $15 throughout the first week.
I love Disney Genie for its free itinerary planner, and the ability to snag a suddenly available dining reservation. But the pay features I personally will skip, and I can’t see a family of four that has stretched the budget to vacation at Disney to be able to afford all these extra fees. Even the Genie+ will come to $60 per day extra for a family of four.
For more details on Disney Genie+ and a list of Lighnting Lane attractions, you can visit Disneyworld.com.
- Out and About: ‘Ain’t Too Proud’ at Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando .. @AintTooProud @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts #BroadwayInOrlando #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 26, 2022
- PirateFest Weekends Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Jan 22, 2022 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - January 19, 2022
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Music Headliners Announced for 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #GardenRocksConcerts - January 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces Headliner Concerts for Mardi Gras 2022 .. @UniversalORL #UniversalOrlando #MardiGras #OrlandoConcerts - January 14, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021