In a statement this week, AdventHealth confirmed that it has purchased local theme park The Holy Land Experience and the land it sits on just off I-4 at Conway Rd.
The hospital system bought the site for approximately $32 million, but not to run the biblical attraction.
Instead AdventHealth says will tear it down and use the land for a medical facility that will provide health care services to Orlando residents.
Trinity Broadcasting Network, the park’s former owner since 2007, ran The Holy Land Experience as a non-profit, charging admission to the attraction that recreated the architecture and themes of the ancient city of Jerusalem in 1st-century Judah.
It was first opened in February 2001 by Marvin Rosenthal, founder of the missionary organization Zion’s Hope.
The biblical theme park had been closed since last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but opened for two days in April of this year to keep its tax-free status.
Prior to the pandemic closure, the attraction had also reduced many of its entertainment offerings and laid off over 100 employees.
We covered the opening of Holy Land’s last show, “David: King Of Jerusalem,” in September 2019.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023