Last week I told you that Orlando’s own Hawkers is celebrating 10 years in business, and I got a chance to preview the special drink menu over the weekend. You’re going to love it!
Starting tomorrow, July 14, Hawkers will be serving up the following libations for those of legal drinking age through August 24:
Long Island Ice-T, with Sailor Jerry rum, hibiscus-infused Hendrick’s gin, RumHaven, lemon, lime, and Coca-Cola.
This is about as traditional a 90s drink as you can get, but that hibiscus adds a subtle something extra to the mix. The curly straw made it fun to drink, too.
MMMPop, featuring Tito’s Handmade vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry, lime, and tropical punch Pop Rocks rim.
This one is great for those who don’t like sweet tastes as the cranberry and lime add a tartness to the drink. Served with a pop rock rim that crackles as it’s served to you, along with the rest of the package to enjoy later.
Tang-arita, with Milagro tequila, orange liqueur, agave, lime, and a sugared Tang rim.
As a kid who ate Tang by the spoonful, and an adult who loves pretty much anything tequila, this was by far my favorite drink. If you love oranges or tequila (or both), definitely try this one.
Bone Hugs-n-Harmony, with Pineapple-infused Flor de Caña rum, Tito’s Handmade vodka, blue curaçao, lemon, and bubbles.
Growing up in Wisconsin, we would put whatever alcohol anybody brought to the party into a big cooler with ice, add some Sprite, and serve it up. This drink is like that. A little fruity, bubbly drink that will hit you before you realize it. The presentation is fun, too, as its served in a plastic barrel (like those juice drinks in the 80s-90s), and a curly straw.
Party Time, Excellent, featuring Tito’s Handmade vodka, orgeat, vanilla cake mix, evaporated milk, vanilla frosting, and sprinkles.
This shot is the bridge between having dessert and having an after dinner drink. It’s creamy, sweet, and features a rim of frosting and sprinkles. So good!
Of course you don’t want to have all of these drinks without some great food in your stomach, and Hawkers has never slouched on that.
We started with the roti with curry dipping sauce (a must on every visit!), bulgogi beef skewers, and the edamame with chili and garlic.
I enjoyed the Singapore Mei Fun (sans shrimp due to allergies), featuring thin rice noodles dusted with yellow curry and wok-fired with chicken breast, eggs and veggies. A nice light dish full of flavor.
My guest enjoyed the Po Po Lo’s Curry, based on a family recipe, made with veggies, rice, and chicken. It’s a hearty dish and so delicious!
Also starting July 14, guests at the bar will be able to play with Nintendo Game Boy Original 8-bit handheld game consoles, and there will be View Master Classics with reels featuring a history of the restaurant. And at the tables, the birthday drink menu actually transforms into a paper fortune teller, like we used to play with in school. I suggest trying to do all the folding before you enjoy the drinks.
Oh, and if you visit your local Hawkers this weekend on Saturday or Sunday (July 17-18), you can get a free Cake Batter Mochi with any food order. That sounds yummy!
Be sure to tag any birthday celebration photos you take with #CitySurfingOrlando and #EatHawkers so we can check it out! I want to hear what your favorite drink is. Visit eathawkers.com for your nearest Hawkers.
Disclaimer: We were invited to a media preview for the birthday celebration. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021