If you’re a fan of Impressionist artists, you won’t want to miss the immersive art installation ‘Lasting Impressions‘ when it is hosted by Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center August 13 through September 26, 2021.
The Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater will be transformed as guests will be immersed in the sights, sounds, and taste of impressionist-era France in a unique 110-minute, 3D/LED experience.
After a greeting from Pierre-Auguste Renoir’s great-granddaughter Sofi Renoir, guests will take a visual journey through more than 100 paintings by Renoir and other Impressionist masters, such as: Monet, Van Gogh, Manet, Cezanne, Degas, Pissarro, Raffaelli, Caillebotte, Rousseau, Fantin-Latour, Gauguin, Seurat and Sisley.
The paintings will leap off the screens with lightweight, 3D/LED glasses, while perfectly timed classical music from French composers creates an inspiring ambience, including pieces by Debussy and Ravel, as well as French standards by Charles Aznavour, Edith Piaf and Nana Mouskouri.
Guests 21+ can also sip wine and stroll through a visual display at the theater offering information about the painters and composers to bring the cabaret environment of French food, art, music and wine together.
“Dr. Phillips Center has been collaborating with Princeton Entertainment Group for the past several months to build on the success of Miami by creating and expanding the guest experience,” said Dr. Phillips Center President and CEO Kathy Ramsberger. “We believe ‘Lasting Impressions’ will be a new and unique guest experience of celebrating art, music and wine.”
Following its Orlando run, the installation will embark on a global tour, opening in Seoul, South Korea next month and Moscow sometime this fall.
Tickets for gallery level seats start at $40/person. Floor bistro-style table seating is also available for $48/person with a two-ticket minimum. Tickets for kids under 18 are $25/person.
A $95/person premium experience that includes a pre-show dinner will be offered at 7pm on select Friday and Saturdays.
There will be three shows each day at 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm, Wednesday through Sunday.
To purchase or for more information, visit DrPhillipsCenter.org.
- Orange County Regional History Center Offering Free Admission to See Pulse Memorial Crosses - June 9, 2023
- Taco Bell Tests Vegan Crunchwrap in Orlando - June 8, 2023
- Out and About: Broadway Takes Orlando “Into the Woods” And It’s a Hilarious Journey - June 7, 2023
- Fun Spot America Theme Parks Celebrates 25th Anniversary with $25 Ticket Deal on June 10, 2023 - June 6, 2023
- onePULSE Foundation Announces Seven-Year Anniversary Pulse Remembrance Week Activities - June 1, 2023
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023