Disney has submitted plans to create and run a massive dynamic art billboard installation that will wrap around the Hollywood Plaza parking garage at 8050 International Drive, next to Mango’s and Sand Lake Rd.
If they get Orange County’s approval, Disney will partner with Mitsubishi to install and maintain the screen, which will face I-4.
The display will weigh in at 114,671 pounds, be about 30 feet high at its tallest point, and will be 337 feet long. The Orlando Business Journal reported construction is expected to last less than a year, with completion before the end of 2022.
The artist rendering above is a sample of what the completed project will look like, as it advertises Walt Disney World across I-4 from Universal Orlando.
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022