Disney has submitted plans to create and run a massive dynamic art billboard installation that will wrap around the Hollywood Plaza parking garage at 8050 International Drive, next to Mango’s and Sand Lake Rd.
If they get Orange County’s approval, Disney will partner with Mitsubishi to install and maintain the screen, which will face I-4.
The display will weigh in at 114,671 pounds, be about 30 feet high at its tallest point, and will be 337 feet long. The Orlando Business Journal reported construction is expected to last less than a year, with completion before the end of 2022.
The artist rendering above is a sample of what the completed project will look like, as it advertises Walt Disney World across I-4 from Universal Orlando.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023