The first Friday in July is designated as National Donut Day. This year, the food holiday falls on June 4, 2021, and several places are taking part in the celebration.
National Doughnut Day started in 1938 as a fund raiser for Chicago’s The Salvation Army. Their goal was to help those in need during the Great Depression, and to honor The Salvation Army “Lassies” of World War I, who served doughnuts to soldiers.
Here are the places offering free donuts and other deals on National Donut Day 2021:
BARNIES COFFEE & TEA
Winter Park. No donuts but they are celebrating the holiday with $1 off all bagged coffees and $2 off all 24ct. single serve packages.
Oakland. Will offer one special donut flavor today only: Maple Bacon.
DONUT CENTRAL & FUELPRESSO
Winter Park. Get one free glazed doughnut with a coffee purchase, all day long.
THE DONUT KING
Minneola and Winter Park. A free glazed donut is their gift to you on National Donut Day. No purchase necessary.
Sanford. Get a free glazed donut with the purchase of any beverage.
Kissimmee. Receive a free classic donut, no purchase necessary. This includes their bare, cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar donut.
Multiple locations. Get a free classic donut with the purchase of any beverage. This includes glazed, frosted, jelly, and more.
THE GLASS KNIFE
Winter Park. From 8am until they run out, they’ll be giving away a free Birthday Cake Donut, a slice-shaped offering with sprinkle cake batter buttercream filling, vanilla glaze, vanilla whipped cream, birthday cake crumble and rainbow sprinkles.
Multiple locations. Enjoy one free doughnut of your choice, no purchase necessary. Plus, enjoy a $1 Original Glazed dozen with any dozen purchase.
THE SALTY DONUT
Orlando (Audubon Park). Will offer one special donut flavor today only: French Toast (24 hr brioche filled with whipped french toast custard, maple glaze, topped with crunchy french toast pieces, mascarpone whip + maple drizzle).
Orlando (SoDo). Will have two special donuts available: B I G POPpa (strawberry pop-tart inside topped with vanilla & strawberry icing and sprinkles) and Rise & Grind (brioche donut filled with coffee cream).
SIR BENJI’S DONUTS
Clermont/Winter Garden. Free full size donut with purchase of Sir Benjis two tone tee shirt.
SMOKE AND DONUTS
Orlando. Located at A la Cart Orlando, they’re offering BOGO classic glazed donuts (Vanilla, Candied Lemonade, Maker’s Mark Bourbon & Nutella) with any BBQ or Sandwich purchase.
Universal Orlando CityWalk. Offering $1 Homers with partial proceeds going to the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America.
OTHER DONUT OPTIONS
Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew (Disney Springs)
Valkyrie Doughnuts, Orlando (all vegan)
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023