The first Friday in July is designated as National Donut Day. This year, the food holiday falls on June 4, 2021, and several places are taking part in the celebration.
National Doughnut Day started in 1938 as a fund raiser for Chicago’s The Salvation Army. Their goal was to help those in need during the Great Depression, and to honor The Salvation Army “Lassies” of World War I, who served doughnuts to soldiers.
Here are the places offering free donuts and other deals on National Donut Day 2021:
Winter Park. No donuts but they are celebrating the holiday with $1 off all bagged coffees and $2 off all 24ct. single serve packages.
Oakland. Will offer one special donut flavor today only: Maple Bacon.
Winter Park. Get one free glazed doughnut with a coffee purchase, all day long.
Minneola and Winter Park. A free glazed donut is their gift to you on National Donut Day. No purchase necessary.
Sanford. Get a free glazed donut with the purchase of any beverage.
Kissimmee. Receive a free classic donut, no purchase necessary. This includes their bare, cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar donut.
Multiple locations. Get a free classic donut with the purchase of any beverage. This includes glazed, frosted, jelly, and more.
Winter Park. From 8am until they run out, they’ll be giving away a free Birthday Cake Donut, a slice-shaped offering with sprinkle cake batter buttercream filling, vanilla glaze, vanilla whipped cream, birthday cake crumble and rainbow sprinkles.
Multiple locations. Enjoy one free doughnut of your choice, no purchase necessary. Plus, enjoy a $1 Original Glazed dozen with any dozen purchase.
Orlando (Audubon Park). Will offer one special donut flavor today only: French Toast (24 hr brioche filled with whipped french toast custard, maple glaze, topped with crunchy french toast pieces, mascarpone whip + maple drizzle).
Orlando (SoDo). Will have two special donuts available: B I G POPpa (strawberry pop-tart inside topped with vanilla & strawberry icing and sprinkles) and Rise & Grind (brioche donut filled with coffee cream).
Clermont/Winter Garden. Free full size donut with purchase of Sir Benjis two tone tee shirt.
Orlando. Located at A la Cart Orlando, they’re offering BOGO classic glazed donuts (Vanilla, Candied Lemonade, Maker’s Mark Bourbon & Nutella) with any BBQ or Sandwich purchase.
Universal Orlando CityWalk. Offering $1 Homers with partial proceeds going to the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America.
OTHER DONUT OPTIONS
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022