The Orlando Museum of Art (OMA) announces three new initiatives as part of an aggressive relaunch leading up to its centennial celebration in 2024.
The first is a series of six major upcoming exhibitions featuring works of noted artists Rembrandt, Botticelli, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Jackson Pollock. The new exhibits begin late September, and represent a departure from the Museum’s usual contemporary offerings, demonstrating a bold new vision which incorporates attention to traditional and other highly sought-after works of art as well.
Following the initial rollout, the Museum will unveil a singular, never-before-published masterpiece in January 2022. It is a signature massive drip painting from 1949 by the great American artist Jackson Pollock – Jackson Pollock and the Comstock Pollock: Newly Discovered, First Time Exhibited.
Second, the Museum’s Board of Trustees voted unanimously to file a letter of intent to pursue a downtown expansion of OMA as part of the SDG, LLC and Summa Development Group, LLC planned 33-story, 1 million-square-foot modern glass tower at Church, Lake and Pine Streets. The artist rendering is above, and it looks amazing.
The potential expansion would feature interactive educational facilities, offices, visitor services and notably, 30,000 square feet of additional exhibition space which would house some of the new exhibits and new collections.
The third initiative includes plans for renovation and repair of the Museum’s current Loch Haven location.
“We are celebrating our 2024 centennial with a commitment to be an even greater force in our community with two locations, highly regarded and sought-after works of art, and ultimately, a new dimension of unforgettable experiences at Orlando Museum of Art,” said Cynthia Brumback, Chair of the OMA Board of Trustees.
[image courtesy of Orlando Museum of Art]
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022