In light of the White House and CDC announcing that those who are fully vaccinated (meaning, two weeks removed from their last shot) no longer need to wear masks or physically distance themselves, indoors or outdoors in most circumstances, many Orlando theme parks and attractions are altering their own rules for the requirement of face masks.
Universal Orlando has posted to its website that Face coverings are not mandatory while outdoors, but are still required in all indoor locations including shops and restaurants.
Face coverings are also required at all attractions, from the moment the queue begins until the exit of the experience. Social distancing is reduced to three feet.
Walt Disney World has posted that face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas at Walt Disney World Resort, but are still required upon entering and throughout all attractions, theaters, and while using Disney transportation.
SeaWorld Orlando is going further with their update: Face coverings will no longer be required for guests at SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove who are fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC guidance. We will not require proof of vaccine, but ask our guests to respectfully comply with our revised policy. All SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove park employees will be required to continue to wear face coverings at this time. The safety of our guests, Ambassadors and animals in our care remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor and address this changing environment as necessary.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex has updated its rules as of May 17, 2021: guests who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will no longer be required to wear face coverings while outdoors. All guests, including those who have been fully vaccinated, will still be required to wear face coverings in all indoor locations. Indoor locations include all attractions, attraction queues, show viewing areas, restaurants and bus transportation to the Apollo/Saturn V Center. Maintaining social distancing will still be required in all outdoor and indoor locations.
It’s possible more attractions will change their policies in the next few days, so visit their websites prior to visiting for the latest rules.
It’s starting to get back to normal if you’re fully vaccinated…if you’re not, please get the shot(s).
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021