Walt Disney World has announced a big change to its face mask rules that will take affect today, Thursday, April 8, 2021.
The change? Guests may temporarily remove their face masks when actively taking outdoor photos. They also must be stationary (meaning standing in place) and maintain appropriate distance from other guests and castmembers.
Key words: Outdoor photos and temporarily.
What this means is guests can stop in for an outdoor photo, temporarily remove their masks for the photo, and then immediately put the masks back on before continuing on their day.
Guests must also continue to keep their face masks on for indoor photos, including all ride photos, even rides where the photo is taken outdoors.
This is a big change, and it only takes a few guests taking advantage of the new policy – or worse, not following it – for Disney to reverse it. Let’s hope no one ruins it for the rest.
Enjoy your day at the parks!
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 25, 2023-Jan. 01, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023
- Victory Productions Presents ‘Moonshine & Mistletoe: An Appalachian Christmas Tale’ at Garden Theatre in Winter Garden - November 7, 2023
- Wekiva Island Hosts 9th Annual Central Florida Fall EggFest Nov. 11, 2023 - November 6, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2023 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 5, 2023