On a recent morning my friend and I found ourselves passing through Celebration and decided to check out Maple Street Biscuit Company for some morning sustenance.
The Celebration location of this Jacksonville-based breakfast/brunch/lunch eatery was once home to a Holler & Dash, which was owned by Cracker Barrel.
In 2019, Cracker Barrel bought Maple Street Biscuit Company, and not needing two biscuit-based brands in the portfolio, they folded Holler & Dash, transforming those locations into Maple Street Biscuit Company.
We arrived in that sweet spot between the breakfast and lunch rush, and found guests were social distancing at tables inside and out.
Orders are placed at a counter, and they yell your name when the order is ready to pick up. Since we both ordered a main, side, and coffee drink, it took two visits to the counter to get all of our food.
We tried a little bit of everything off the menu to get a good representation of their offerings. Here’s what we chose, and what we thought:
Though the menu has many biscuit sandwich combinations, my guest went for the traditional Bacon, Egg, & Cheese biscuit. The biscuit itself was hearty and lightly flaky, and she was able to get the egg cooked to order, which was a nice surprise.
I went off the biscuit section of the menu for the Bluegrass Grits Bowl featuring stone-ground white hominy grits, mixed with cream cheese & butter, and topped with pecan wood smoked bacon, one sunny side up egg, cheddar cheese, chives, and a splash of hot sauce. This dish hit every savory note! The grits were nice and creamy and the hot sauce provided a nice contrast with the spice.
We both were fans of the bacon on our dishes, too. Nicely crisped and full of salty goodness with a hint of sweetness.
For sides we tried the intriguingly named Hash Brown Cake, and the Smoky Mountain Mac n Cheese.
The Hash Brown Cake was a huge stack of shredded potatoes with hints of salt, pepper, and a bit of spiciness (maybe from the pepper). Unfortunately, they didn’t have much of an outer char. Talking with the manager, he explained they had just gotten a new variety of this dish and were still working on the timing of cooking it. If they nail it, the hash browns would be great, because the flavor is there.
The Smoky Mountain Mac n Cheese features three different types of cheese and is topped with a cheese cracker crumble. It was rich and definitely what I think of when I think of Southern mac-n-cheese. Two big thumbs up from us.
For drinks we both went with the espresso-based Maple Vanilla Bean Latte, only she got hers hot and I got mine iced. Made with Bissell Family Farm’s real maple syrup and real vanilla beans, it had just the right amount of sweetness to cut through all the savory dishes we were eating.
Overall, the food was delicious, and the staff was friendly and following safety protocols. I’ll definitely be back to try more of the menu.
Maple Street Biscuit Company also has a location in Oviedo, as well as many more throughout the state. Visit them at maplestreetbiscuits.com for more info.
Disclaimer: We paid for our meal. As always, our reviews are always honest, and our own.
- Chicken Guy! in Winter Park Launches New Breakfast Menu .. #ChickenGuy #WinterPark #Foodies - May 23, 2022
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind’ Opens at EPCOT May 27 .. #GOTG #GOTGCosmicRewind #WaltDisneyWorld - May 22, 2022
- Marlow’s Tavern Adds Seasonal Dishes to Menu for Summer 2022 .. #MarlowsTavern #Foodies - May 20, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces ‘Universal Monsters: Legends Collide’ Haunted House for Halloween Horror Nights 2022 .. #HHN2022 #UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #Horror - May 17, 2022
- Gator Week Returns To Wild Florida With Free Admission And More May 23-28, 2022 .. @WildFlorida #WildFlorida #GatorWeek - May 16, 2022
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns May 17-May 30, 2022 .. #OrlandoFringe #KidsFringe #OrlandoArts - May 12, 2022
- Viva La Música Returns To SeaWorld Orlando Weekends May 14-23, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #VivaLaMusica - May 11, 2022
- Gatorpalooza Returns to Gatorland May 14-15, 2022 .. @Gatorland #Gatorland #OrlandoAttractions #Gatorpalooza - May 10, 2022
- MegaCon Orlando 2022 Hosts All-Star Line-Up Of Guests, Panels, and More May 19-22 at Orange County Convention Center .. @MegaConOrlando #LOTR #StarTrek #StarWars #MEGACONOrlando - May 9, 2022
- Monster Jam World Finals XXI Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 21-22, 2022 + We Have a Discount Code .. #MonsterJam #MonsterTrucks #OrlandoSports - May 6, 2022