On a recent morning my friend and I found ourselves passing through Celebration and decided to check out Maple Street Biscuit Company for some morning sustenance.
The Celebration location of this Jacksonville-based breakfast/brunch/lunch eatery was once home to a Holler & Dash, which was owned by Cracker Barrel.
In 2019, Cracker Barrel bought Maple Street Biscuit Company, and not needing two biscuit-based brands in the portfolio, they folded Holler & Dash, transforming those locations into Maple Street Biscuit Company.
We arrived in that sweet spot between the breakfast and lunch rush, and found guests were social distancing at tables inside and out.
Orders are placed at a counter, and they yell your name when the order is ready to pick up. Since we both ordered a main, side, and coffee drink, it took two visits to the counter to get all of our food.
We tried a little bit of everything off the menu to get a good representation of their offerings. Here’s what we chose, and what we thought:
Though the menu has many biscuit sandwich combinations, my guest went for the traditional Bacon, Egg, & Cheese biscuit. The biscuit itself was hearty and lightly flaky, and she was able to get the egg cooked to order, which was a nice surprise.
I went off the biscuit section of the menu for the Bluegrass Grits Bowl featuring stone-ground white hominy grits, mixed with cream cheese & butter, and topped with pecan wood smoked bacon, one sunny side up egg, cheddar cheese, chives, and a splash of hot sauce. This dish hit every savory note! The grits were nice and creamy and the hot sauce provided a nice contrast with the spice.
We both were fans of the bacon on our dishes, too. Nicely crisped and full of salty goodness with a hint of sweetness.
For sides we tried the intriguingly named Hash Brown Cake, and the Smoky Mountain Mac n Cheese.
The Hash Brown Cake was a huge stack of shredded potatoes with hints of salt, pepper, and a bit of spiciness (maybe from the pepper). Unfortunately, they didn’t have much of an outer char. Talking with the manager, he explained they had just gotten a new variety of this dish and were still working on the timing of cooking it. If they nail it, the hash browns would be great, because the flavor is there.
The Smoky Mountain Mac n Cheese features three different types of cheese and is topped with a cheese cracker crumble. It was rich and definitely what I think of when I think of Southern mac-n-cheese. Two big thumbs up from us.
For drinks we both went with the espresso-based Maple Vanilla Bean Latte, only she got hers hot and I got mine iced. Made with Bissell Family Farm’s real maple syrup and real vanilla beans, it had just the right amount of sweetness to cut through all the savory dishes we were eating.
Overall, the food was delicious, and the staff was friendly and following safety protocols. I’ll definitely be back to try more of the menu.
Maple Street Biscuit Company also has a location in Oviedo, as well as many more throughout the state. Visit them at maplestreetbiscuits.com for more info.
Disclaimer: We paid for our meal. As always, our reviews are always honest, and our own.
- Orlando Museum of Art Plans Downtown Orlando Expansion and More for Centennial Celebration .. @OMAOrlando #OrlandoMuseumOfArt #DowntownOrlando #OrlandoArts - May 13, 2021
- LEGOLAND Florida To Open New LEGO MYTHICA 4D and AR Experience May 27, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #LEGOMythica #BuiltForKids - May 13, 2021
- Viva La Música Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Weekends May 15-23, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #VivaLaMusica - May 12, 2021
- Gatorland Hosts Gatorpalooza Fun Fest 2021 on May 15-16 .. @Gatorland #Gatorland #OrlandoAttractions #Gatorpalooza - May 12, 2021
- 62nd Annual Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival Returns to Central Park May 14-16, 2021 .. @WPSAF #WinterParkArts #CentralFlorida #ArtFestivals - May 11, 2021
- OneBlood Announces Critical Appeal for Blood Donors of All Blood Types .. @My1Blood #BloodDonations - May 11, 2021
- Local Restaurants Band Together for BBQ Around Orlando May 12 In Memory of Chef Chuck Cobb .. #ChefCobb #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - May 10, 2021
- ‘Disney After Hours BOO BASH’ Coming to Magic Kingdom this Fall .. @WaltDisneyWorld #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyHalloween #BooBash - May 8, 2021
- Daytona Lagoon Presents the 2021 Kraken’s Revenge Slide Challenge May 15, 2021 .. #DaytonaLagoon #KrakensRevenge #DaytonaBeach #WaterParks - May 7, 2021
- Vote for Frontier Airlines Next Orlando Wing Animal! .. @VisitOrlando @FlyFrontier #VoteOrlandoFrontierTail @CentralFLZoo @WildFlorida @SEALIFEOrlando @Gatorland - May 7, 2021