Orlando is an amazing city for foodies, and if you love tacos, you’ll definitely want to take part in the return of Orlando Taco Week, hosted by the Orlando Weekly.
This year’s event will actually run almost two weeks, giving foodies more of a chance to get out and enjoy the tacos.
From April 20 through May 4 (one day short of Cinco de Mayo), participating restaurants will be offering $5 taco specials to enjoy. Other specials and the regular menus will also be available.
Still not feeling safe enough to dine in? Take-out will be available at participating locations with a $5 fee per order (limited to five $5 taco specials per take-out order).
Participating restaurants include: 534 Scratch Kitchen, Alex’s Fresh Kitchen, American Social Orlando, Boca Fresca, City Pub, Cocina 214, The Copper Rocket, Flora Plant Based Cuisine, The Gnarly Barley, The Hammered Lamb, Island Wing Company, Jimmy Hula’s (Altamonte Springs, Downtown, Lake Mary, Winter Park), Juniors Diner & Mexican Grill, Kiwi’s Pub & Grill, MX Taco, Neon Beach, The New Standard, Orlando Meats, The Pass Progressive Cuisine, Persimmon Hollow Lake Eola, The Pub, Roque Pub, Something Fishy (Altamonte Springs, Apopka), Taco Rio Mexican, Tako Cheena, Taqueria Las Cazuelas, The Tavern Bar & Grill, Tin & Taco (College Park, Downtown, Lake Mary, SODO, Waterford Lakes, Winter Park), and Wine 4 Oysters.
Offerings range from standard taco offerings to creative ones. You’ll find a variety of protein offerings from meat to seafood, and several locations will also have vegetarian and vegan tacos.
If you plan to hit more than one place, make sure you get your digital Taco Passport. Get your passport “stamped” by scanning the QR code provided by your server at each participating restaurant & earn points to be entered to win prizes which include a Taco Fiesta for you and 15 friends or a pair of round-trip tickets to Mexico.
Just for eating tacos you were going to eat anyways.
Now some caveats:
- Some specials may sell out for the day. Don’t make a fuss, just try again another day.
- There may be waits. Be patient, please.
- These restaurants are working hard, so maybe order a drink or side in addition to the special.
- If you post to social media, don’t forget to use the hashtag #OrlandoTacoWeek.
- Don’t forget to tip.
For all the details, including each location’s specials, visit OrlandoTacoWeek.com.
- Orange County Regional History Center Offering Free Admission to See Pulse Memorial Crosses - June 9, 2023
- Taco Bell Tests Vegan Crunchwrap in Orlando - June 8, 2023
- Out and About: Broadway Takes Orlando “Into the Woods” And It’s a Hilarious Journey - June 7, 2023
- Fun Spot America Theme Parks Celebrates 25th Anniversary with $25 Ticket Deal on June 10, 2023 - June 6, 2023
- onePULSE Foundation Announces Seven-Year Anniversary Pulse Remembrance Week Activities - June 1, 2023
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023