Orlando is an amazing city for foodies, and if you love tacos, you’ll definitely want to take part in the return of Orlando Taco Week, hosted by the Orlando Weekly.
This year’s event will actually run almost two weeks, giving foodies more of a chance to get out and enjoy the tacos.
From April 20 through May 4 (one day short of Cinco de Mayo), participating restaurants will be offering $5 taco specials to enjoy. Other specials and the regular menus will also be available.
Still not feeling safe enough to dine in? Take-out will be available at participating locations with a $5 fee per order (limited to five $5 taco specials per take-out order).
Participating restaurants include: 534 Scratch Kitchen, Alex’s Fresh Kitchen, American Social Orlando, Boca Fresca, City Pub, Cocina 214, The Copper Rocket, Flora Plant Based Cuisine, The Gnarly Barley, The Hammered Lamb, Island Wing Company, Jimmy Hula’s (Altamonte Springs, Downtown, Lake Mary, Winter Park), Juniors Diner & Mexican Grill, Kiwi’s Pub & Grill, MX Taco, Neon Beach, The New Standard, Orlando Meats, The Pass Progressive Cuisine, Persimmon Hollow Lake Eola, The Pub, Roque Pub, Something Fishy (Altamonte Springs, Apopka), Taco Rio Mexican, Tako Cheena, Taqueria Las Cazuelas, The Tavern Bar & Grill, Tin & Taco (College Park, Downtown, Lake Mary, SODO, Waterford Lakes, Winter Park), and Wine 4 Oysters.
Offerings range from standard taco offerings to creative ones. You’ll find a variety of protein offerings from meat to seafood, and several locations will also have vegetarian and vegan tacos.
If you plan to hit more than one place, make sure you get your digital Taco Passport. Get your passport “stamped” by scanning the QR code provided by your server at each participating restaurant & earn points to be entered to win prizes which include a Taco Fiesta for you and 15 friends or a pair of round-trip tickets to Mexico.
Just for eating tacos you were going to eat anyways.
Now some caveats:
- Some specials may sell out for the day. Don’t make a fuss, just try again another day.
- There may be waits. Be patient, please.
- These restaurants are working hard, so maybe order a drink or side in addition to the special.
- If you post to social media, don’t forget to use the hashtag #OrlandoTacoWeek.
- Don’t forget to tip.
For all the details, including each location’s specials, visit OrlandoTacoWeek.com.
- Chicken Guy! in Winter Park Launches New Breakfast Menu .. #ChickenGuy #WinterPark #Foodies - May 23, 2022
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind’ Opens at EPCOT May 27 .. #GOTG #GOTGCosmicRewind #WaltDisneyWorld - May 22, 2022
- Marlow’s Tavern Adds Seasonal Dishes to Menu for Summer 2022 .. #MarlowsTavern #Foodies - May 20, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces ‘Universal Monsters: Legends Collide’ Haunted House for Halloween Horror Nights 2022 .. #HHN2022 #UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #Horror - May 17, 2022
- Gator Week Returns To Wild Florida With Free Admission And More May 23-28, 2022 .. @WildFlorida #WildFlorida #GatorWeek - May 16, 2022
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns May 17-May 30, 2022 .. #OrlandoFringe #KidsFringe #OrlandoArts - May 12, 2022
- Viva La Música Returns To SeaWorld Orlando Weekends May 14-23, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #VivaLaMusica - May 11, 2022
- Gatorpalooza Returns to Gatorland May 14-15, 2022 .. @Gatorland #Gatorland #OrlandoAttractions #Gatorpalooza - May 10, 2022
- MegaCon Orlando 2022 Hosts All-Star Line-Up Of Guests, Panels, and More May 19-22 at Orange County Convention Center .. @MegaConOrlando #LOTR #StarTrek #StarWars #MEGACONOrlando - May 9, 2022
- Monster Jam World Finals XXI Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 21-22, 2022 + We Have a Discount Code .. #MonsterJam #MonsterTrucks #OrlandoSports - May 6, 2022