After the success of last month’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Orlando Shakes returns to the Walt Disney Amphitheater at Lake Eola with Little Shop Of Horrors May 5-23, 2021.
This campy Broadway and Hollywood sci-fi smash musical has devoured the hearts of theater goers for over 30 years. Howard Ashman and Alan Menken (Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, and Aladdin) are the creative geniuses behind what has become one of the most popular shows in the world.
In Little Shop Of Horrors, the meek floral assistant Seymour Krelborn stumbles across a new breed of plant he names “Audrey II” – after his coworker crush. This saucy, R&B-singing carnivore promises unending fame and fortune to the down and out Seymour as long as he keeps feeding it… blood. Over time, though, Seymour discovers Audrey II’s out of this world origins and intent towards global domination!
The vibrant, all-local cast features Ricky Cona as Seymour Krelborn, Lillie Thomas as Audrey, Steve Purnick as Mr. Mushnik, T. Robert Pigott as Orin Scrivello, AC Jenkins as Audrey II, Amitria Fanae as Crystal, Jasmine Maslanova-Brown as Ronnette, Jataria Heyward as Chiffon, as well as an ensemble including Jeremy Marchena, Arielle St. Cyr, Darren Escarcha Cajipo, Joshua Kimball, and Amy Livingston.
Alongside Director Steve MacKinnon, the creative team includes Music Director Josh Ceballos, Choreographer Kim Ball, Associate Director Shonn McCloud, Scenic Designer Bert Scott, Puppet Designer Vandy Wood, Lighting Designer Philip Lupo, Costume Designer Denise Warner, Sound Designer Craig Beyrooti, Sound Designer Jack Audet, Audio Engineer Britt Sandusky, AEA Stage Manager Kaylyn Kriaski, AEA Assistant Stage Manager Paige Gober, and Production Assistants Nahaira Morales and Madison Spence.
Tickets start at $27, and are available now by phone (407) 447-1700 ext. 1 or online at orlandoshakes.org.
Shows are Wednesdays through Sundays at 7:30pm, with an additional 2pm matinee on Sundays. On May 12, there is a senior show at 2pm, and an ASL interpreted performance at 7:30pm. On Sun, May 23, there is only a 2pm performance.
- SeaWorld Orlando Craft Beer Festival Returns Starting Aug 5, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer #Orlando - August 4, 2022
- Brightline Construction Road Closures for August 2022 .. #Brightline #Orlando - August 3, 2022
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Hosting Back-To-School Giveaway Aug 1-7, 2022 .. #MuseumofIllusions #MOIOrlando #ICONPark - July 31, 2022
- Bites & Bubbles Kicks Off Happy Hour August 1, 2022 .. #BitesandBubbles #HappyHour #OrlandoHappyHours - July 30, 2022
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 25-Aug 7, 2022 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 24, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launches at Walt Disney World July 27 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicBandPlus - July 21, 2022
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Returns Aug. 26, 2022 .. #MagicalDining @VisitOrlando #Foodies - July 20, 2022
- Howl-O-Scream Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Starting Sept 9, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HowlOScream #OrlandoHalloween @HowlOScreamOrl - July 18, 2022
- Gatorland Offering Florida Resident Deal Through July 31, 2022 .. #Gatorland #Deals #FloridaResident - July 14, 2022
- ‘Hamilton’ Tickets Go On Sale at Dr. Phillips Center July 14, 2022 .. #Hamilton @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - July 11, 2022