After the success of last month’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Orlando Shakes returns to the Walt Disney Amphitheater at Lake Eola with Little Shop Of Horrors May 5-23, 2021.
This campy Broadway and Hollywood sci-fi smash musical has devoured the hearts of theater goers for over 30 years. Howard Ashman and Alan Menken (Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, and Aladdin) are the creative geniuses behind what has become one of the most popular shows in the world.
In Little Shop Of Horrors, the meek floral assistant Seymour Krelborn stumbles across a new breed of plant he names “Audrey II” – after his coworker crush. This saucy, R&B-singing carnivore promises unending fame and fortune to the down and out Seymour as long as he keeps feeding it… blood. Over time, though, Seymour discovers Audrey II’s out of this world origins and intent towards global domination!
The vibrant, all-local cast features Ricky Cona as Seymour Krelborn, Lillie Thomas as Audrey, Steve Purnick as Mr. Mushnik, T. Robert Pigott as Orin Scrivello, AC Jenkins as Audrey II, Amitria Fanae as Crystal, Jasmine Maslanova-Brown as Ronnette, Jataria Heyward as Chiffon, as well as an ensemble including Jeremy Marchena, Arielle St. Cyr, Darren Escarcha Cajipo, Joshua Kimball, and Amy Livingston.
Alongside Director Steve MacKinnon, the creative team includes Music Director Josh Ceballos, Choreographer Kim Ball, Associate Director Shonn McCloud, Scenic Designer Bert Scott, Puppet Designer Vandy Wood, Lighting Designer Philip Lupo, Costume Designer Denise Warner, Sound Designer Craig Beyrooti, Sound Designer Jack Audet, Audio Engineer Britt Sandusky, AEA Stage Manager Kaylyn Kriaski, AEA Assistant Stage Manager Paige Gober, and Production Assistants Nahaira Morales and Madison Spence.
Tickets start at $27, and are available now by phone (407) 447-1700 ext. 1 or online at orlandoshakes.org.
Shows are Wednesdays through Sundays at 7:30pm, with an additional 2pm matinee on Sundays. On May 12, there is a senior show at 2pm, and an ASL interpreted performance at 7:30pm. On Sun, May 23, there is only a 2pm performance.
- Out and About: ‘Ain’t Too Proud’ at Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando .. @AintTooProud @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts #BroadwayInOrlando #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 26, 2022
- PirateFest Weekends Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Jan 22, 2022 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - January 19, 2022
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Music Headliners Announced for 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #GardenRocksConcerts - January 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces Headliner Concerts for Mardi Gras 2022 .. @UniversalORL #UniversalOrlando #MardiGras #OrlandoConcerts - January 14, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021