Cinco de Mayo is an annual holiday in Mexico, which commemorates the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over the French forces of Napoleon III on May 5, 1862, at the Battle of Puebla.
American’s celebrate Cinco de Mayo, too, but let’s be honest…it’s mostly an opportunity to celebrate Mexican culture, and enjoy adult Mexican beverages.
If you’re looking for a place to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the Orlando area, or some party packages to take home, here are our picks:
Serving up $6 espolon shots, $10 Not Your Papi’s Palomas, and a $25 corona bucket. Mix and match your taco favorites like the Mahi Tacos or Buffalo Chicken Tacos (3 for $14), and Ropa Vieja tacos, with the essential guac & chips ($10).
Serving up $5 classic margaritas all day for dine-in or a $5 MAR-GO-RITA, featuring a 7-ounce pour of the restaurant’s Classic Margarita served in a To Go pouch for take-out. To help guests create Island vibes at home, Bahama Breeze is streaming a virtual happy hour concert via Facebook Live at 7 p.m. EST on May 5 at Facebook.com/BahamaBreeze, featuring live reggae and Caribbean jams.
Offering up “Cinco de Mayo Kits” to take home for 4-6, starting at $77. They include: 2 taco fillings (makes 16 tacos), 3 sides, salsa verde + chips. Each cinco kit also comes with a special bartaco swag bag that includes a reusable tote, koozies, sunglasses, cups, a sticker sheet, and temporary tattoos. Margaritas to-go are additional. Orders must be placed at link above before the end of day May 4th.
Those 21+ can enjoy a night of high-energy music, entertainment, margaritas, dancing and more. $20 cover charge, includes a welcome cocktail.
Get a 2-taco plate for $5 when you purchase a drink. Pick your favorite combo and choose from al pastor, pollo asado, carnitas or fajita veggies for the protein.
Get discounts on Tecate, Domestic Beers, Original Texas ‘Tinis, and their World-Famous House ‘Ritas, both rocks and frozen all day. Order a Grande ‘Rita and keep the commemorative cup, plus get $1 Tequila Floaters for your margaritas.
Offering up drink specials all day, plus a live DJ at the Chickasaw location.
Offering a variety of drink specials from 11am until close. Pair this with the Promenade at Sunset Walk celebration (below).
Beginning at 3pm on May 5, at all locations while supplies last, Kelly’s is offering two Mini Waf-a-tacos:
- Red Velvet Waf-a-tacos with Malted Vanilla Chip ice cream and topped with chocolate enrober
- Vanilla Waf-a-tacos with Key Lime Pie ice cream and topped with graham cracker dusting
Offering $6 margaritas and $4 tequila shots, a live DJ from 9pm-1:30am, and a burlesque show by Mystik Talent.
Enjoy $3 House Margaritas and $9 Margarita Pitchers all day for dine-in only.
Serving up $4 1800 Tequila shots throughout the whole day, and a DJ from 5-10pm.
Offering $5 House ‘Ritas and $1 Gold Tequila meltdowns all day, plus add an extra fruity flavor to your marg for $1.50.
The free outdoor street party includes live music, street performers, food and drink specials, and more.
Celebrating May 1-5 with “Guac on the Rock”. Order the special $10 Teremana margarita with a side of guacamole and The Rock and Teremana tequila will pay for your guac when you order the two together. Be sure to submit your receipts to GuacOnTheRock.com and The Rock will personally reimburse you up to $10 starting 5/1. Other drink specials will also be offered.
They will be offering deals daily May 1-5. Visit their Facebook page (link above) for the details.
Offering $15 Corona and Corona light buckets, $4 El Jimador shots, $6 El Jimador Margs, and $4 Modelo drafts.
Throughout the month of May, every guest who purchases a ticket to The Wheel can receive a free platter of churros with a $25 restaurant purchase.
- Seven Seas Food Festival Returns To SeaWorld Orlando Feb 3-May 7, 2023 - January 27, 2023
- ‘Rock of Ages’ to Play Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Jan 25-Feb 26, 2023 - January 18, 2023
- Universal Orlando Reveals Mardi Gras 2023 Details Including Live Concert Line-Up - January 17, 2023
- ‘Wicked’ Returns To Orlando’s Dr Phillips Center For Extended Engagement Jan 25–Feb 12, 2023 - January 16, 2023
- The ‘Riverdance’ 25th Anniversary Show Dances into Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 20-22, 2023 - January 12, 2023
- Walt Disney World News: Opening Date for ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’, Nighttime Shows Returning, and Updates for Guests and Passholders - January 10, 2023
- Chase Padgett Brings Acclaimed ‘6 Guitars’ Show to Orlando’s Renaissance Theatre Company January 6-29, 2023 - January 4, 2023
- Daytona Boat Show Returns to Daytona International Speedway Jan 13-15, 2023 - January 3, 2023
- ‘Tina – The Tina Turner Musical’ Rocks Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 10-15, 2023 - January 2, 2023
- Out And About: A New Publix Has Opened at Town Center at O-Town West - January 1, 2023