Cinco de Mayo is an annual holiday in Mexico, which commemorates the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over the French forces of Napoleon III on May 5, 1862, at the Battle of Puebla.
American’s celebrate Cinco de Mayo, too, but let’s be honest…it’s mostly an opportunity to celebrate Mexican culture, and enjoy adult Mexican beverages.
If you’re looking for a place to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the Orlando area, or some party packages to take home, here are our picks:
Serving up $6 espolon shots, $10 Not Your Papi’s Palomas, and a $25 corona bucket. Mix and match your taco favorites like the Mahi Tacos or Buffalo Chicken Tacos (3 for $14), and Ropa Vieja tacos, with the essential guac & chips ($10).
Serving up $5 classic margaritas all day for dine-in or a $5 MAR-GO-RITA, featuring a 7-ounce pour of the restaurant’s Classic Margarita served in a To Go pouch for take-out. To help guests create Island vibes at home, Bahama Breeze is streaming a virtual happy hour concert via Facebook Live at 7 p.m. EST on May 5 at Facebook.com/BahamaBreeze, featuring live reggae and Caribbean jams.
Offering up “Cinco de Mayo Kits” to take home for 4-6, starting at $77. They include: 2 taco fillings (makes 16 tacos), 3 sides, salsa verde + chips. Each cinco kit also comes with a special bartaco swag bag that includes a reusable tote, koozies, sunglasses, cups, a sticker sheet, and temporary tattoos. Margaritas to-go are additional. Orders must be placed at link above before the end of day May 4th.
Those 21+ can enjoy a night of high-energy music, entertainment, margaritas, dancing and more. $20 cover charge, includes a welcome cocktail.
Get a 2-taco plate for $5 when you purchase a drink. Pick your favorite combo and choose from al pastor, pollo asado, carnitas or fajita veggies for the protein.
Get discounts on Tecate, Domestic Beers, Original Texas ‘Tinis, and their World-Famous House ‘Ritas, both rocks and frozen all day. Order a Grande ‘Rita and keep the commemorative cup, plus get $1 Tequila Floaters for your margaritas.
Offering up drink specials all day, plus a live DJ at the Chickasaw location.
Offering a variety of drink specials from 11am until close. Pair this with the Promenade at Sunset Walk celebration (below).
Beginning at 3pm on May 5, at all locations while supplies last, Kelly’s is offering two Mini Waf-a-tacos:
- Red Velvet Waf-a-tacos with Malted Vanilla Chip ice cream and topped with chocolate enrober
- Vanilla Waf-a-tacos with Key Lime Pie ice cream and topped with graham cracker dusting
Offering $6 margaritas and $4 tequila shots, a live DJ from 9pm-1:30am, and a burlesque show by Mystik Talent.
Enjoy $3 House Margaritas and $9 Margarita Pitchers all day for dine-in only.
Serving up $4 1800 Tequila shots throughout the whole day, and a DJ from 5-10pm.
Offering $5 House ‘Ritas and $1 Gold Tequila meltdowns all day, plus add an extra fruity flavor to your marg for $1.50.
The free outdoor street party includes live music, street performers, food and drink specials, and more.
Celebrating May 1-5 with “Guac on the Rock”. Order the special $10 Teremana margarita with a side of guacamole and The Rock and Teremana tequila will pay for your guac when you order the two together. Be sure to submit your receipts to GuacOnTheRock.com and The Rock will personally reimburse you up to $10 starting 5/1. Other drink specials will also be offered.
They will be offering deals daily May 1-5. Visit their Facebook page (link above) for the details.
Offering $15 Corona and Corona light buckets, $4 El Jimador shots, $6 El Jimador Margs, and $4 Modelo drafts.
Throughout the month of May, every guest who purchases a ticket to The Wheel can receive a free platter of churros with a $25 restaurant purchase.
- Universal Orlando Reopens Tonight After Hurricane Ian with Halloween Horror Nights .. #UniveralOrlando #HurricaneIan - September 30, 2022
- Walt Disney World to Reopen In Phases After Hurricane Ian Starting Sept 30, 2022 .. #HurricaneIan #WaltDisneyWorld - September 29, 2022
- Hurricane Ian Cancellations, Postponements, And More For Orlando and Central Florida * UPDATED * .. #HurricaneIan - September 27, 2022
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts Reduces Pricing Ahead of Hurricane Ian .. @RosenHotels #HurricaneIan - September 27, 2022
- ‘Festival of Trees’ Returns to Orlando Museum of Art Nov 11-20, 2022 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees #Councilof101 - September 26, 2022
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts ‘SIX The Musical’ in Orlando October 4–9, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr @SIXBroadway #OrlandoBroadwaySeries #OrlandoArts - September 19, 2022
- Pirates Dinner Adventure to host Halloween-themed Vampirates Dinner Show .. #PiratesDinnerAdventure #Vampirates #Halloween - September 16, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s ‘Orlando Burger Week’ Offers $7 Burger Deals Sept 14-28, 2022 .. #OrlandoBurgerWeek #OrlandoFoodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 9, 2022
- Teak Neighborhood Grill to Host Annual “Burger World Tour” Month With $7 Daily Burgers Starting Sept 1, 2022 .. @TeakOrlando #TeakOrlando #OrlandoBurgers #Foodies - August 29, 2022
- Out and About: Magical Dining at Taverna Opa in Orlando .. #TavernaOpa #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining - August 24, 2022