This week, the City of Orlando unveiled a first-of-its-kind mobile laundry service trailer for Central Florida’s homeless.
This trailer, made possible through a partnership with SALT Outreach Inc. and Simply Healthcare Plans, will provide six commercial washers and dryers to use by those experiencing homelessness.
SALT will operate this trailer four days each week and estimates being able to complete up to 240 loads of laundry per week. The trailer will be located at the Christian Service Center for Central Florida.
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer also proclaimed April 15th as SALT Day, honoring the new programs to provide dignity and sanitation options to Orlando’s homeless residents.
This partnership with SALT furthers the city’s efforts to address homelessness and ensure that every resident has their basic needs of clothing, food and hygiene met.
So proud of our city for taking the initiative!
[photos courtesy City of Orlando]
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023