This week, the City of Orlando unveiled a first-of-its-kind mobile laundry service trailer for Central Florida’s homeless.
This trailer, made possible through a partnership with SALT Outreach Inc. and Simply Healthcare Plans, will provide six commercial washers and dryers to use by those experiencing homelessness.
SALT will operate this trailer four days each week and estimates being able to complete up to 240 loads of laundry per week. The trailer will be located at the Christian Service Center for Central Florida.
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer also proclaimed April 15th as SALT Day, honoring the new programs to provide dignity and sanitation options to Orlando’s homeless residents.
This partnership with SALT furthers the city’s efforts to address homelessness and ensure that every resident has their basic needs of clothing, food and hygiene met.
So proud of our city for taking the initiative!
[photos courtesy City of Orlando]
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023