This week, the City of Orlando unveiled a first-of-its-kind mobile laundry service trailer for Central Florida’s homeless.
This trailer, made possible through a partnership with SALT Outreach Inc. and Simply Healthcare Plans, will provide six commercial washers and dryers to use by those experiencing homelessness.
SALT will operate this trailer four days each week and estimates being able to complete up to 240 loads of laundry per week. The trailer will be located at the Christian Service Center for Central Florida.
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer also proclaimed April 15th as SALT Day, honoring the new programs to provide dignity and sanitation options to Orlando’s homeless residents.
This partnership with SALT furthers the city’s efforts to address homelessness and ensure that every resident has their basic needs of clothing, food and hygiene met.
So proud of our city for taking the initiative!
[photos courtesy City of Orlando]
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022