Chef Chuck Cobb, the pitmaster behind the popular Git-N-Messy BBQ restaurant in Winter Springs, has passed away from injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident today.
Cobb started his BBQ eatery in a gas station, but recently relocated down the road to set up inside the Red Eye Sports Tavern.
He was well known, not just for his BBQ’s great taste, but for some creative dishes like his mouthwatering (and belly-filling) Southern Poutine, which he even got to demonstrate for the nation on Live with Kelly & Ryan.
Chris Poulos, a partner in the restaurant, said Chuck’s legacy would live on via a Facebook post.
Cobb was only 34, and leaves behind his wife and four children. He was great chef, and a great person to know.
Several local chefs are working to stage a barbecue fundraiser with proceeds going to his wife and children. I’ll pass along the details when I hear of them. In the meantime, a GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family with funeral costs.
- Seven Seas Food Festival Returns To SeaWorld Orlando Feb 3-May 7, 2023 - January 27, 2023
- ‘Rock of Ages’ to Play Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Jan 25-Feb 26, 2023 - January 18, 2023
- Universal Orlando Reveals Mardi Gras 2023 Details Including Live Concert Line-Up - January 17, 2023
- ‘Wicked’ Returns To Orlando’s Dr Phillips Center For Extended Engagement Jan 25–Feb 12, 2023 - January 16, 2023
- The ‘Riverdance’ 25th Anniversary Show Dances into Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 20-22, 2023 - January 12, 2023
- Walt Disney World News: Opening Date for ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’, Nighttime Shows Returning, and Updates for Guests and Passholders - January 10, 2023
- Chase Padgett Brings Acclaimed ‘6 Guitars’ Show to Orlando’s Renaissance Theatre Company January 6-29, 2023 - January 4, 2023
- Daytona Boat Show Returns to Daytona International Speedway Jan 13-15, 2023 - January 3, 2023
- ‘Tina – The Tina Turner Musical’ Rocks Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 10-15, 2023 - January 2, 2023
- Out And About: A New Publix Has Opened at Town Center at O-Town West - January 1, 2023