The 30th annual Florida Film Festival (FFF) returns April 9-22, 2021, with a roster of 164 films representing 31 countries.
The Florida Film Festival is an Oscar®-qualifying festival, premiering the best in current, independent, and international cinema. Of the films selected, 151 have premiere status, including 23 world premieres. This year’s lineup also includes 90 women or non-binary filmmakers, which is the most in the fest’s 30-year history.
The festival kicks off April 9, with the Opening Night Party and Film at Enzian. The opening night film honor goes to the World Premiere of Because of Charley, directed by Jon Binkowski. Created by and starring members of the Central Florida film community, they will be in attendance along with actor John Amos (Coming to America).
This year’s opening night festivities will include two ticket options:
- Party Only Admission—$60: Includes entrance into the first wave of outdoor party-goers, and opening night samplings from restaurants, bars, and select vendors from 6-8PM.
- Film Only Admission—$25: Includes entrance to the encore screening of the opening night film beginning at 9:30PM. Doors will open at 9PM.
Other special FFF events include:
An Evening with Karen Allen, featuring Starman
Sunday, April 11, 7:30-10:45PM
Following the film screening, Karen Allen will appear for a live Zoom Q&A.
An Evening with Isabella Rossellini, featuring Blue Velvet
Sunday, April 18, 7:30-10:45PM
Following the film screening, Isabella Rossellini will appear for a live Zoom Q&A.
Sponsored by Coterie Coffee Co.
Sunday, April 11 & 18
Enzian & Eden Bar
Wednesday Brew Tastings
Sponsored by Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co.
Wednesday, April 14 & 21
FREE and open to the public
The Florida Film Festival venues will adhere to pandemic safety protocols. All guests must be masked, unless actively eating or drinking.
I’ve only seen one film that will be appearing at this year’s festival and you can read my review of the horror film, The Stylist, here.
Individual tickets to films are $12, with discounts starting at $55 for a 5-pack of tickets. Passes start at $125 per person. Visit floridafilmfestival.com for further details and to purchase.
This year, the Florida Film Festival is offering online viewing of over 150 of the films, via individual tickets or virtual packs. Visit floridafilmfestival2021.eventive.org for complete details.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021