One of the most anticipated culinary events in Orlando every year is the Food & Wine Classic held around Halloween every year at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts, but last year’s event was cancelled due to the pandemic.
This week, the resort announced it was bringing back the event, with a special Spring edition on April 17, 2021.
It will be a limited-ticket event to allow for social distancing outdoors, and will offer culinary selections from the two hotel’s award-winning restaurants, as well as wine samplings from around the world and a selection of other beverages.
It will also feature several themed stations including the Beer Garden (my favorite), Chinatown, and the luau-inspired The Pig & Poke. There will also be vegetarian options.
In total, there will be 12 food stations, including dessert from executive pastry chef and world pastry champion Laurent Branlard and more than 50 beverage selections.
The Swan and Dolphin will follow safety protocols for the event, such as temperature checks and mask requirements for all attending guests; plexiglass walls for all food service areas; all cast members wearing PPE; touchless menus and clearly marked social distancing signage.
Event-only tickets are $125 per person, and include samples. Room packages start at $400 and include event access for two adults, which is a great deal for a culinary staycation. Attendees must be 21+.
For more information, or to purchase tickets/packages, visit FoodAndWineClassic.com.
Plans are for the full Food & Wine Classic to return to its normal fall dates later this year on Oct. 29 and 30.
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023