One of the most anticipated culinary events in Orlando every year is the Food & Wine Classic held around Halloween every year at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts, but last year’s event was cancelled due to the pandemic.
This week, the resort announced it was bringing back the event, with a special Spring edition on April 17, 2021.
It will be a limited-ticket event to allow for social distancing outdoors, and will offer culinary selections from the two hotel’s award-winning restaurants, as well as wine samplings from around the world and a selection of other beverages.
It will also feature several themed stations including the Beer Garden (my favorite), Chinatown, and the luau-inspired The Pig & Poke. There will also be vegetarian options.
In total, there will be 12 food stations, including dessert from executive pastry chef and world pastry champion Laurent Branlard and more than 50 beverage selections.
The Swan and Dolphin will follow safety protocols for the event, such as temperature checks and mask requirements for all attending guests; plexiglass walls for all food service areas; all cast members wearing PPE; touchless menus and clearly marked social distancing signage.
Event-only tickets are $125 per person, and include samples. Room packages start at $400 and include event access for two adults, which is a great deal for a culinary staycation. Attendees must be 21+.
For more information, or to purchase tickets/packages, visit FoodAndWineClassic.com.
Plans are for the full Food & Wine Classic to return to its normal fall dates later this year on Oct. 29 and 30.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023