First it was the Disney MagicBand, a way to access things like theme park entry and purchasing all from an electronic wristband.
This year, that technology will evolve into the Disney MagicMobile Service at Walt Disney World.
Launching in phases starting later this year, Disney says the Disney MagicMobile service will be a convenient and contactless way to access MagicBand features like theme park entry through the power of your iPhone, Apple Watch, or other smart device.
Guests will be able to create a Disney MagicMobile pass through the My Disney Experience app, and then add it to their smart device’s digital wallet. Or they can continue to use their MagicBands, which ever is more convenient.
Walt Disney World says Disney MagicMobile service and its features will roll out first on Apple devices.
Well, I guess this explains why they stopped including free MagicBands with vacation packages this year. The bands will no longer be the only option when guests will be able to use their own smart device.
[Photo courtesy Walt Disney World]
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023