It’s easy to love pizza any day of the week, but February 9 has been officially dedicated as National Pizza Day, and in celebration, several Orlando area restaurants are offering deals.
In 16th-century Naples, a galette flatbread was referred to as a pizza, though at the time it had no toppings. It wasn’t until tomatoes were brought to Europe from the Americas in the mid-1800’s, that the modern day pizza began to take shape.
An often-told story is that on June 11, 1889, to honor the Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy, the Neapolitan pizzamaker Raffaele Esposito created the “Pizza Margherita”, a pizza garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil, to represent the national colors of Italy as on the Flag of Italy. From there, pizza as we know it was born.
Whether you love the original Margherita pizza, or you want all the toppings, here are some local deals to indulge your love of the dish:
Celebrate Taco Tuesday and National Pizza Day at the same time on Feb 9 with their Taco Pizza special available for $14.25 all day long at all locations. It’s topped with taco meat, white cheddar, pico de gallo, crema, and tortilla strips.
From Feb 9-14, they are offering their Family Pizza Bagel Box for just $5 when guests order ahead via the brand’s mobile app. The deal provides a 50% savings off the regular price. The box features 8 fresh-baked bagel halves – four classic cheese and four cheese and pepperoni.
This I-Drive restaurant will offer $10 Margherita and Pepperoni pizzas all day on Feb. 9. These square wood-fired pizzas feature a thick, fluffy, focaccia-like crust. The promotion is available for dine-in, take-out and delivery. Reservations and ordering available at the link above.
On Feb 9, they’re offering a $10 gift card with every pizza order. They’re located at Henry’s Depot.
On Feb 9, the restaurant will offer a Buy One, Get One 50% Off deal on any pizza from Terralina’s wood-fired brick oven. Reservations and menu at the link above. Local residents also get 25% off (not including the pizza deal) with valid I.D.
If none of these appeal to you, you can always hit up your favorite pizza shop or chain for whatever their regular deals are (and don’t forget to sign up for any rewards programs they have, if you aren’t already a member). Mangia!
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns March 5-7, 2021 .. @OrlandoBoatShow #OCCC - March 2, 2021
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PeppaPig - February 25, 2021
- Kevin Smith to Bring Mooby’s Pop-Up To Tin Roof Orlando in March .. @MoobysPopUp @ThatKevinSmith @tinrooforlando #MoobysOrlando - February 24, 2021
- Monster Jam Returns To Camping World Stadium Feb 27-28, 2021 .. @MonsterJam - February 23, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2021 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 22, 2021
- First Details Released for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyWorld50 - February 21, 2021
- Wekiva Paint Out Returns to Wekiva Island Feb 21-27, 2021 .. #WekivaPaintOut @WekivaIsland - February 18, 2021
- Out and About: Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show Debuts at LEGOLAND Florida! .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #BuiltForKids #BrickbeardsWatersportsStuntShow #Be10Too #Pirates - February 13, 2021
- Orlando Science Center Unveils New Tiny Green Home at Loch Haven Park .. @CityBeautiful @OrlandoScience @OUCreliableone #TinyGreenHome - February 12, 2021
- Otronicon Returns To The Orlando Science Center Feb 12-15, 2021 .. @OrlandoScience @Otronicon - February 11, 2021