As we mentioned earlier in January, Orlando has a new attraction to enjoy, the Museum of Illusions Orlando at ICON Park. This weekend, we stopped by for a visit to check out what it has to offer.
Due to the pandemic, reservations are a must, as they stagger groups to help with distancing. Masks are also required, and each guest’s temperature is checked upon arrival.
The walls are covered in various optical illusions from spinning wheels to holographs to eyes that follow you.
But the most fun illusions are the ones that allow you to become a part of them.
My favorite one is a kaleidoscope illusion. On the outside, it’s a triangle tube of metal. Position your head at one end, and have someone take your photo at the other end, using flash. Here’s my result:
I also enjoyed the forced perspective room that made me look like a purple giant, towering over my friend:
The majority of the museum is accessible-friendly, including the installation of a lift so wheelchair guests can enjoy a raised spinning tunnel illusion. However, some interactive illusions are not accessible-friendly due to the nature of the illusion.
With my MS, I couldn’t climb up on a lighted dais for one illusion, nor could I crawl down a small ground level tunnel into a headless illusion. The forced perspective one could also prove difficult for those who can’t walk up an incline.
I also noticed that many of the description plaques for the wall illusions are set at standing height, so it’d be hard to read them if in a wheelchair or scooter. Perhaps a paper map with descriptions could help those be more accessible-friendly.
It was still a lot of fun playing with the illusions I could get to, and checking out all the ones on the walls. I noticed the kids that were present with other guests were having so much fun, especially with the interactive exhibits.
If you arrive alone, or want photos of your entire party, there are employees throughout who are happy to assist with photo-taking, too.
Head over to our Instagram for more photos and video from our visit.
Adult tickets are $22.95, and children 3-12 are $18.95. Children two and under are free. Operating hours are Noon to 8pm on Sunday through Thursday, and Noon to 9pm on Friday and Saturday.
For more information, or to purchase admission, visit orlando.museumofillusions.us.
The Museum of Illusions is also part of ICON Park’s Play Pass Package. For just $69 per person, guests receive one-time access to ICON Park most popular attractions, including The Wheel at ICON Park, Madame Tussauds Orlando, Orlando StarFlyer, and the Pearl Express Train. The ICON Park Play Pass is valid for 30 days after purchase, and includes discounts on select dining and shopping locations in the entertainment complex. Visit iconparkorlando.com for more information.
Disclaimer: CitySurfing Orlando was hosted for a media preview. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Huey Magoo’s to Grand Open in Downtown Orlando August 17, 2022 .. #HueyMagoos #OrlandoFoodies #DowntownOrlando - August 16, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Issues Challenge for National Roller Coaster Day Aug. 16 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #RollerCoasters #NationalRollerCoasterDay - August 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando To Host Passholder Appreciation Days Aug 15 – Sept 30, 2022 .. #UniversalOrlando #UOAP #PassholderAppreciationDays - August 12, 2022
- ‘Sip And Savor’ Highlights Orlando Restaurants And Bars Aug 8-21, 2022 .. #SipandSavorOTown #Foodies #EatLocal - August 8, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Craft Beer Festival Returns Starting Aug 5, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer #Orlando - August 4, 2022
- Brightline Construction Road Closures for August 2022 .. #Brightline #Orlando - August 3, 2022
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Hosting Back-To-School Giveaway Aug 1-7, 2022 .. #MuseumofIllusions #MOIOrlando #ICONPark - July 31, 2022
- Bites & Bubbles Kicks Off Happy Hour August 1, 2022 .. #BitesandBubbles #HappyHour #OrlandoHappyHours - July 30, 2022
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 25-Aug 7, 2022 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 24, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launches at Walt Disney World July 27 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicBandPlus - July 21, 2022