Orlando Fringe is kicking off 2021 with a Winter Mini-Fest from January 7-10. It’s a curated festival featuring the best of past festivals, new works by fan favorites, and new artists scouted from the international Fringe circuit.
With the pandemic continuing to keep performing arts venues closed or operating in a limited capacity, Orlando Fringe will be turning this into a hybrid festival with the majority of events being broadcast online and a limited number of in-person performances, and a socially responsible hangout with fellow Fringe fans featuring screenings from select performances.
Those socially responsible hangouts run from 6-Midnight nightly during the fest, and ticket holders will get access to the courtyard with distanced seating, a cash bar, and food for purchase from Ace Cafe.
Choose between hanging out in the unreserved area of the Shakes courtyard, or enter the “mini-lawn” for exclusive screenings of pre-recorded shows each night. In the mini-lawn, you can even reserve your own “pod square” that will accommodate up to 4 people. Both the individual seating (in comfy Adirondacks chairs) and Pod Squares will be in reserved locations to watch screenings of performances each night.
Capacity is limited to under 50% in these outdoor areas. Restrooms are available inside the Lowndes Shakespeare Center.
For the first time ever, Winter Mini-Fest is going digital. Orlando Fringe has arranged for over twenty-five shows to be available for patrons to stream online.
The Online Access Pass is $75, and will provide you with the ability to watch all online productions from 5pm on January 7, 2021 through 11:59pm on January 14, 2021. Fringe without leaving your house!
On the Saturday morning of the festival, Kids Fringe is presenting three shows for kids and families. The shows will also be broadcast online to watch, and they are also providing Kids Fringe Craft Bags that you can pick up for your little Fringers.
For a complete list of available shows, or to purchase tickets, visit orlandofringe.org.
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021