After more than half a year of not hosting families with critically ill children, Give Kids The World (GKTW) in Kissimmee has announced they will reopen to these families starting January 17, 2021.
With safety as their number one priority, they will be opening very slowly, starting with a limited number of families, seasonal staff and volunteers, and gradually growing our capacity over time.
A big part of the decision to reopen has been the money raised by this season’s Night of a Million Lights holiday light spectacular. This new event allowed visitors in to see the Village lit up for the holidays, along with raising awareness of what GKTW offers to the families they host.
Night of a Million Lights runs through January 3, so there’s still time to enjoy the event.
GKTW continues to need donations to operate, and you can make donations, as well as get more information about the charity, at gktw.org.
[Image courtesy Give Kids The World]
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023