After more than half a year of not hosting families with critically ill children, Give Kids The World (GKTW) in Kissimmee has announced they will reopen to these families starting January 17, 2021.
With safety as their number one priority, they will be opening very slowly, starting with a limited number of families, seasonal staff and volunteers, and gradually growing our capacity over time.
A big part of the decision to reopen has been the money raised by this season’s Night of a Million Lights holiday light spectacular. This new event allowed visitors in to see the Village lit up for the holidays, along with raising awareness of what GKTW offers to the families they host.
Night of a Million Lights runs through January 3, so there’s still time to enjoy the event.
GKTW continues to need donations to operate, and you can make donations, as well as get more information about the charity, at gktw.org.
[Image courtesy Give Kids The World]
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023