Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive serves up a great menu of Italian classics, and we were recently invited to check out the restaurant’s “Bottomless Brunch.”
Available on Saturday and Sunday, the brunch menu features a mixture of regular menu items, like pasta and pizza, along with Italian-inspired breakfast dishes. They’re available a la carte, but if you want to taste a little of everything, the “Bottomless Brunch” is the way to go.
My friend and I worked our way around the menu, starting with the savory and finishing with sweet, and here are the best dishes we tried:
We kicked off our tour of the menu with Pane al Formaggio and Zucchini Fries.
You can’t really go wrong with what is essentially garlic cheese bread, and the rustic loaf of bread added a nice heartiness to the dish.
And while we’ve had the Zucchini Fries on a previous visit, we discovered the restaurant was using a new recipe that resulted in a thicker crispier batter coating on the slices of zucchini. We declared this version even tastier than the original.
From there, we chose a few of the brunch-only items…
The Italian Scramble arrived to our table first, featuring eggs scrambled with red peppers, guanciale, caramelized onions, and mozzerella (the dish also features mushrooms, but I have allergies so I asked them to leave the fungi out). This was a tasty twist on normal scrambled eggs, and was served with some of that delicious rustic bread.
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Meatball Benedict, but I have tried their Meatball appetizer in the past, which I liked. The broken poached egg yolk really brought the dish together.
Breakfast Bruschetta was one of our favorite dishes that we tried, featuring citrus cream cheese, fresh berries, and honey on top of a cranberry rustic bread. It was light and sweet, but not too sweet. If we didn’t have more of the menu to try, I would’ve ordered another.
Of course, it wouldn’t be an Italian brunch if we didn’t try some of the classic dishes.
We shared bowls of Bucatini Cacio E Pepe and Rigatoni Alla Bolognese (pictured above), and both dishes were as good as we remembered.
We also tried the Brick Oven Pan Pizza, which was also a recipe change from our last visit. The dough was chewy with a crispy crust, and it held up the thick gooey cheese and toppings well. Again, another improvement over the old version.
We wrapped up our “Bottomless Brunch” feast with desserts, which turned out to be highlights of our meal.
The Cannoli featured a sweet amaretto-candied orange peel-ricotta filling dotted with chocolate chips on the ends. Full of flavor, but lightly sweet, the amaretto added that little extra to the dish.
The Tiramisu was heaven in my mouth. The traditional ladyfingers soaked in espresso had a little twist with the addition of Marsala wine, and the mascarpone was so light and fluffy it just melted in my mouth.
Definitely save room for one or both of these when brunching here.
Individual dishes start at $6, but I highly recommend doing the “Bottomless Brunch” for $26 per person. Bottomless Bloody Marys or Mimosas can be added on for only $20. Wines and full bar are also available.
The restaurant also adhered to safety guidelines with table spacing and masks worn by the staff.
Mia’s Italian Kitchen is located on I-Drive, just south of ICON Park, and offers free parking. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm. To make a reservation or to see the full menu, visit MiasItalian.com.
Disclaimer: CitySurfing Orlando was hosted for this brunch, but as always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2021 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 13, 2021
- Swamp Sistas Hold Summer Hope for Kids Fundraiser June 12-17, 2021 .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow - June 12, 2021
- Out and About: Foxtail Coffee Pairs with Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Ravenous Pig Brewing for New Winter Park Location .. @FoxtailCoffee @KellysHMIC @RavenousPig #OrlandoCoffee #OrlandoIceCream #CentralFLBreweries - June 11, 2021
- Creative City Project Announces 2021-2022 Season of Events in Orlando .. @Creative_Proj #CreativeCityProject #OrlandoArts - June 11, 2021
- Five-Year Pulse Remembrance Week Events for 2021 .. #Pulse5YearsLater #RememberPulse - June 5, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Howl-O-Scream Halloween Event Coming to Park for First Time .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HowlOScream #OrlandoHalloween - June 4, 2021
- LEGO NINJAGO Days Return to LEGOLAND Florida in June .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #LEGONINJAGO - June 4, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 4, 2021 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 3, 2021
- Walt Disney World Reveals Details About Disney After Hours Boo Bash .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyAfterHours #BooBash #OrlandoHalloween - June 3, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Announces 2021 Award Winners and Details on DigiFringe Starting June 4 .. @OrlandoFringe #OrlandoFringe #DigiFringe #OrlandoArts - June 2, 2021