Yesterday, Sunset Walk at Margaritaville Resort Orlando in Kissimmee hosted a Best of Challenge: Burger Edition, and we went as VIPs to judge the burgers for ourselves.
Restaurants from Margaritaville Resort Orlando, Island H2O Live! Water Park, and the Promenade at Sunset Walk all offered up their best burgers in slider form for us (and everyone else present) to sample.
Of the ones I tried, my favorite was from the restaurant at Island H2O Live! Water Park. The chef explained it was a new extra lean blend that he was hoping to introduce to guests soon, and it was topped with cheese, and a sweeter version of a Nashville Hot Sauce.
I also enjoyed the Salty Rim Bar & Grill at Margaritaville‘s namesake Margaritaville Burger featuring a short rib and brisket blend, topped with a smoked onion & bacon jam, creamy smoked Gouda cheese, and a secret sauce. It was messy, but delicious.
There was also a DJ and walking street performers (clowns, a juggler, and a stilt walker) offering free entertainment during the event.
I was disappointed, however, that of the booths I visited, only two had the burger ingredients posted, and both were at the point where guests picked up the samples. As someone with food allergies, it was frustrating to wait in the long lines only to find out I couldn’t eat the burger because I was allergic to the topping.
Perhaps future food events can do a better job with ingredient signage at the booths, or offer a printed list when receiving the envelope with the VIP lanyard and voting card.
Other than the signage, I was also dismayed to find many people with no masks on when they weren’t eating or drinking, even with signs nearby asking guests to mask up.
But overall, it was a fun event, and a VIP sampling badge was only $15 per person. I look forward to checking out future food events. You can keep up with all events at SunsetWalk.com.
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Offers Brevard County Resident Discount Oct 12-18 .. #BrevardCounty @ExploreSpaceKSC #LoveFL - October 10, 2020
- Brick or Treat Returns to LEGOLAND Florida For Family Friendly Halloween Fun .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat #BuiltForKids #LoveFL - October 7, 2020
- Broadway in Orlando 20/21 Season Delayed Until April 2021 at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - October 6, 2020