Yesterday, Sunset Walk at Margaritaville Resort Orlando in Kissimmee hosted a Best of Challenge: Burger Edition, and we went as VIPs to judge the burgers for ourselves.
Restaurants from Margaritaville Resort Orlando, Island H2O Live! Water Park, and the Promenade at Sunset Walk all offered up their best burgers in slider form for us (and everyone else present) to sample.
Of the ones I tried, my favorite was from the restaurant at Island H2O Live! Water Park. The chef explained it was a new extra lean blend that he was hoping to introduce to guests soon, and it was topped with cheese, and a sweeter version of a Nashville Hot Sauce.
I also enjoyed the Salty Rim Bar & Grill at Margaritaville‘s namesake Margaritaville Burger featuring a short rib and brisket blend, topped with a smoked onion & bacon jam, creamy smoked Gouda cheese, and a secret sauce. It was messy, but delicious.
There was also a DJ and walking street performers (clowns, a juggler, and a stilt walker) offering free entertainment during the event.
I was disappointed, however, that of the booths I visited, only two had the burger ingredients posted, and both were at the point where guests picked up the samples. As someone with food allergies, it was frustrating to wait in the long lines only to find out I couldn’t eat the burger because I was allergic to the topping.
Perhaps future food events can do a better job with ingredient signage at the booths, or offer a printed list when receiving the envelope with the VIP lanyard and voting card.
Other than the signage, I was also dismayed to find many people with no masks on when they weren’t eating or drinking, even with signs nearby asking guests to mask up.
But overall, it was a fun event, and a VIP sampling badge was only $15 per person. I look forward to checking out future food events. You can keep up with all events at SunsetWalk.com.
- Dazzling Nights to Light Up Leu Gardens for the Holidays .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 29, 2020
- Central Florida and Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2020 *UPDATED* .. #BlackFriday #CyberMonday #LoveOrlando - November 26, 2020
- Brightline to Construct Walt Disney World Station at Disney Springs .. @GoBrightline #WaltDisneyWorld - November 24, 2020
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Nov 28-29, 2020 .. #FusionFest #FusionFestOrlando - November 23, 2020
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites Opens at Universal Orlando December 2020 .. #EndlessSummerDockside @UniversalOrlando - November 22, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center’s Frontyard Festival Kicks Off Dec 5: What You Need to Know .. #FrontyardFestival #OrlandoArts #SaveOurStages @DrPhillipsCtr - November 21, 2020
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 27, 2020 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #Holidays - November 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating #Thanksgiving 2020 In Orlando - November 18, 2020
- Walt Disney World Reopens Petting Zoo at Affection Section in Disney’s Animal Kingdom .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneysAnimalKingdom - November 16, 2020
- Walt Disney World First Look at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Ride Vehicles .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #GOTG - November 15, 2020