Orlando Main Streets, a program created by Mayor Buddy Dyer and the Orlando City Council, has launched Local Orlando, an online visitors’ guide.
Visit a local spot you’ve never been to. Discover a new favorite restaurant or brewery, pick up food for a picnic, or go on a mural crawl right in your own backyard. This guide to local independent businesses and more will assist you with planning your way around Orlando.
Orlando Main Street districts contributing to the Local Orlando guide are:
Audubon Park Garden District
Known for its vintage shops, cafes, bakeries, music, books, craft beer, boutiques, plus superlative professional services, the APGD is a fiercely independent shopping and dining district on Corrine Drive northeast of Downtown.
Bringing small-town charm to the heart of the City, College Park’s Edgewater Drive is filled with locally-owned restaurants and shops, colorful art, and everyday essentials, just northwest of Downtown.
It’s an offbeat culturally casual side that weaves together art museums and renegade retro retailers just north of Downtown. Ivanhoe Village restaurants and watering holes are surrounded the warm lake breezes flowing from Lake Ivanhoe.
The Milk District
At first glance, it seems like a sleepy strip of storefronts, but once you spend a little time in the area, you’ll find that the eclectic character of the area around T.G. Lee dairy plant east of Downtown is a hub of cool bars, restaurants and hangs that make it one of the city’s most bustling areas.
Mills 50 is a centrally located (just east of Downtown), culturally diverse, progressive minded, eclectic urban district. It is a grass roots, member-based organization made up of local business owners and residents, whose mission is to foster Orlando’s most diverse neighborhood by stimulating business, creating a walkable community and promoting its creative culture.
The SoDo District is a business district surrounded by many of Orlando’s historic neighborhoods known for their lakes, walkable parks and streets. Orlando Health, one of Orlando’s most established hospitals has served as a mainstay of the district since 1918. One of Orlando’s historic railroad stations is also nestled within this community which just south of Downtown Orlando (hence the name).
Thornton Park District
Situated on the eastern shores of Lake Eola, Thornton Park offers dining, outdoor activities, and nightlife in a casually sophisticated neighborhood.
Ready to explore? Head over to LocalOrlando.info to get started.
- PirateFest Weekends Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Jan 22, 2022 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - January 19, 2022
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Music Headliners Announced for 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #GardenRocksConcerts - January 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces Headliner Concerts for Mardi Gras 2022 .. @UniversalORL #UniversalOrlando #MardiGras #OrlandoConcerts - January 14, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021