Here is the latest Central Florida foodie and dining news to report on, including some dining events and pop-ups, new openings, new menus, dining deals, and much more.
Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
Pig Floyd’s is hosting an amazing Date Night deal on August 8. For $39.99, the Date Night Kit includes:
- 4 Tacos, 3 Sides & 2 Beers or 1 Wine (equal to two glasses) from Pig Floyd’s
- Tableware for two
- One Cactus Bloom scented candle from The Solo Candle Co
- Strawberry Shortcake & Oreo Cookie butter Mochi donuts from Dochi
- 2 general admission tickets (valid for the rest of the calendar year) to the Orlando Museum of Art ($30 value)
Call 1.833.PIG.LOVE for more info or to order.
À La Cart Orlando is hosting a school drive from Aug 8-16, and is offering rewards for donations:
If you bring a new and unopened pack of pencils, pack of index cards, small hand sanitizer (less than 8oz), or box of bandaids, you’ll get $1 off a draft.
Bring a new and unopened pack of Sharpies (4+), Expo Markers (4+), large hand sanitizer (8oz or more), or ream of printer paper (white or neon)…you’ll get a free draft.
They’ll also be accepting other supplies.
Framework Craft Coffee Bar has opened on Mills Ave, in a trailer set up next to Will’s Pub. They feature an espresso bar, coffee, tea, and select pastries six days a week.
Eola General in downtown Orlando is hosting a Stammtisch German Restaurant pop-up on August 8. Curate Orlando will have German beer + wines to go along with the dishes. And EG says every menu will have a vegan option. Guten Appetit!
Paddlefish at Disney Springs is celebrating National Rum Day (Aug. 16) by offering their Mayan Empress cocktail ($16) as a Buy One, Get One 50% Off special on Aug. 16 only. The drink features Santa Teresa anejo rum, apricot fruit liqueur, pineapple juice and fresh-squeezed lemon.
The New Standard in Winter Park is hosting a Jerry Garcia-inspired “Dinner with the Dead” on August 9. Enjoy a 4-course dinner for $100, which can be expertly paired with wines for $55 additional, plus live music from Unlimited Devotion. Guests also receive a commemorative “Days Between 2020” poster, a keepsake band-autographed menu, and a special surprise thank-you gift. Purchase tickets at the link above.
The New Standard is also celebrating National Rum Day by offering their Life’s A Beach cocktail for just $8 (normally $15) on Aug 16. The cocktail is a combo of Siesta Key spiced rum, heirloom pineapple amaro, Giffard orgeat and lime juice served in a tiki glass.
Erin McKenna’s Bakery at Disney Springs is offering a new deal for lunch/brunch: From 11am-3pm, donuts are buy one, get one 50% off.
The bakery offers a variety of vegan and gluten-free goods to enjoy, and can be found on The Landing across from Terralina’s Italian restaurant.
Speaking of Disney Springs, Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew will be opening soon in the former PoP Gallery location between the AMC Theaters and Splitsville. Considering the West Side is already home to both Starbucks and Joffrey’s serving up coffee, plus several bakeries serving up donuts at Disney Springs in general, it’ll be interesting to see how this shop competes.
Guests who donate $2 or more to No Kid Hungry while dining at any Abuelo’s Mexican Restaurant location August 9-15 will receive a Free Queso VIP Card that they can redeem for an order of Abuelo’s handcrafted queso on their next visit, valid through September 30. The brand has locations in Kissimmee (at The Loop) and in Lakeland.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® has announced the launch of a new, simplified dinner menu offering new dishes and guest favorites in three categories: Home Cooked Classics Starting at $7.99; Down Home Daily Dinners Under $10; and Cracker Barrel Favorites.
New dishes include Maple Bacon Grilled Chicken, Country Fried Pork Chops, Pot Roast Supper, and Barrel-Cut Sugar Ham. There will also be ‘better for you’ options (under 600 calories and less than 15 grams of fat) to satisfy a variety of dietary needs.
Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers® will offer a $1 discount on frozen custard treat purchases at locations nationwide in honor of National Frozen Custard Day on August 8. The event will also benefit Kids In Need Foundation.
Sugar Factory Express, a new fast casual concept from Sugar Factory American Brasserie, will open an Orlando area location this fall, according the company. It says the Express will offer menu favorites, including breakfast, with the added convenience of drive-thru pickup.
From the press release:
“Sugar Factory Express will focus on restaurant-quality food with fun packaging, incredible service, and unbelievable Instagrammable items in a fast-food setting with approachable pricing,” says Charissa Davidovici, owner of Sugar Factory. “Guests will find Sugar Factory’s signature goblets, milkshakes, sliders and much more at the Express locations across the U.S.”
Orlando will be the first location for the new concept.
No word on where the Express will open, but you can find the original Sugar Factory Orlando at ICON Park on I-Drive.
Congratulations to The Polite Pig at Disney Springs on winning a TripAdvisor’s 2020 Traveler’s Choice Award! The awards are given based on reviews, ratings and saves from users of the site. I know it’s one of my favorite places to eat at Disney, and my fave place to get brussels sprouts.
Yesterday, Lion’s Pride Orlando, located downtown on Church St, announced they would stay closed permanently. Known for their support of Orlando’s soccer scene, including Orlando City SC and Pride, the owners state they would be rethinking their concept. I’m bummed, as I enjoyed the food there.
- Walt Disney World Announces Club Cool Hosted by Coca-Cola Will Be Returning to EPCOT .. @WaltDisneyWorld #ClubCool #EPCOT - April 17, 2021
- City of Orlando Unveils SALT Laundry Trailer for Homeless Residents .. @CityBeautiful @SaltOutreachInc #SALTLaundry - April 17, 2021
- Marlow’s Tavern Will Reopen at Pointe Orlando April 22 .. @MarlowsTavern @PointeOrlando #IDrive - April 16, 2021
- In The Game Opens at Orlando’s ICON Park .. @ICONPark #InTheGame - April 16, 2021
- PLANET LEGOLAND to Open at LEGOLAND Florida April 16, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PlanetLegoland #RebuildTheWorld #LEGOLAND10 - April 15, 2021
- Grande Lakes Orlando To Host Next “Curated Experiences” Event April 23-25, 2021 .. #GrandeLakesOrlando #JWMarriottOrlando #Staycation #RitzCarltonOrlando #LuxuryTravel - April 15, 2021
- Out and About: Breakfast at Maple Street Biscuit Company in Celebration .. @MapleStreetBisc #OrlandoRestaurants - April 14, 2021
- Kane Brown Announces December 2021 Tour Date at Orlando’s Amway Center .. @AmwayCenter #KaneBrown #JordanDavis #RestlessRoad - April 14, 2021
- Universal Orlando Announces Opening Date For Jurassic World VelociCoaster .. @UniversalOrlando #JurassicWorld #VelociCoaster - April 13, 2021
- Aloma Bowling Centers Support Make-A-Wish During April 2021 .. @aloma_bowl @BoardwalkBowlFL @MakeAWishCNFL - April 13, 2021