The ALS Association Florida Chapter will be hosting the Seventh Annual Hope and Help Symposium online, for the first time, on August 29, 2020, and it’s free to attend.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a disease that progressively paralyzes its victims, attacking nerve cells and pathways in the brain or spinal cord, stripping away the ability to walk, talk, eat and eventually breathe. ALS has no known cause or cure.
The event will gather ALS researchers and experts to discuss the latest advances in ALS care, research, active studies, advocacy and much more in the search for a cure to end this devastating disease.
The event will feature a presentation from Dr. Richard Bedlack, MD, PhD, MS, professor of neurology at Duke University and director of the Duke ALS Clinic, as well as doctors and researchers from the ALS Certified Centers of Excellence, Recognized Treatment Centers, and Affiliated ALS Clinics in Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, and Tampa.
The virtual platform will also feature expo booths and a learning lab with equipment specialists and more featuring information and products aiding participants with mobility, respiratory, communication, finances and more.
To register, or for more information about this event, visit
- Visit Orlando and Frontier Airlines Offering Free Flight to People Named Orlando .. #LoveOrlando #VisitOrlando #Frontier @MCO #Travel - September 30, 2020
- Creative City Presents ‘Bright Young Things’ Starting October 2 .. #CreativeCity #OrlandoArts - September 29, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020