The ALS Association Florida Chapter will be hosting the Seventh Annual Hope and Help Symposium online, for the first time, on August 29, 2020, and it’s free to attend.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a disease that progressively paralyzes its victims, attacking nerve cells and pathways in the brain or spinal cord, stripping away the ability to walk, talk, eat and eventually breathe. ALS has no known cause or cure.
The event will gather ALS researchers and experts to discuss the latest advances in ALS care, research, active studies, advocacy and much more in the search for a cure to end this devastating disease.
The event will feature a presentation from Dr. Richard Bedlack, MD, PhD, MS, professor of neurology at Duke University and director of the Duke ALS Clinic, as well as doctors and researchers from the ALS Certified Centers of Excellence, Recognized Treatment Centers, and Affiliated ALS Clinics in Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, and Tampa.
The virtual platform will also feature expo booths and a learning lab with equipment specialists and more featuring information and products aiding participants with mobility, respiratory, communication, finances and more.
To register, or for more information about this event, visit
- 2021 Juneteenth Celebrations This Weekend in the Orlando Area .. #Juneteeth #VisitOrlando - June 17, 2021
- Nightly Fireworks Return to Walt Disney World July 1 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #MagicKingdom #EPCOT #Fireworks - June 16, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2021 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 13, 2021
- Swamp Sistas Hold Summer Hope for Kids Fundraiser June 12-17, 2021 .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow - June 12, 2021
- Out and About: Foxtail Coffee Pairs with Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Ravenous Pig Brewing for New Winter Park Location .. @FoxtailCoffee @KellysHMIC @RavenousPig #OrlandoCoffee #OrlandoIceCream #CentralFLBreweries - June 11, 2021
- Creative City Project Announces 2021-2022 Season of Events in Orlando .. @Creative_Proj #CreativeCityProject #OrlandoArts - June 11, 2021
- Five-Year Pulse Remembrance Week Events for 2021 .. #Pulse5YearsLater #RememberPulse - June 5, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Howl-O-Scream Halloween Event Coming to Park for First Time .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HowlOScream #OrlandoHalloween - June 4, 2021
- LEGO NINJAGO Days Return to LEGOLAND Florida in June .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #LEGONINJAGO - June 4, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 4, 2021 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 3, 2021