We’re kicking off July 2020 with a lot of Central Florida foodie and dining news to report on, including new and reopened restaurants, some closings, menu changes, dining discounts, and more.
Here is the news you need to know this week:
[top photo courtesy The Old Jailhouse]
The Old Jailhouse in Sanford has reopened with a new chef team and an updated menu focusing on “Florida-fusion” – dishes inspired by Floridian, Caribbean and Latin American cuisine.
Check out the story on the Historic Downtown Sanford site.
Chef Bruno Fonseca has started up his “The Foreigner” dinners for July. Fridays, he’ll be at Melts on Main in downtown Winter Garden. Saturdays, he’ll at at The Heavy in Winter Park. Cost is $100 per person (prepaid), with wine pairings an additional $35. Click the link above to book. He says social distancing and other precautions will be practiced.
Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream is celebrating its fifth anniversary in July, and has several new flavors for everyone to enjoy:
July 3-24. Enjoy New Summer Melon, Cinnamon Crunch, Lavender Vanilla and Rocky Road.
July 13 is Brownie Batter Day. It is a staff favorite! Get it while it lasts.
July 25-31. Get merry and bright with Candy Cane, Barnie’s Santa’s White Christmas, Ginger Snap and Hot Cocoa.
Also, for National Ice Cream Day on July 19, all Kelly’s locations will be offering BOGO specials from 11am-3pm.
House of Blues Orlando at Disney Springs is offering a 20% discount to Central Florida residents through August 31 with a valid FL ID.
Shake Shack is celebrating its 16th anniversary by sponsoring The Wheel at ICON Park on I-Drive. For a limited time, guests who purchase a ticket to The Wheel are eligible to receive a free order of Shake Shack crinkle cut fries at its ICON Park location.
Mark your calendars! The Tipsy Cookie is holding a grand opening celebration for their Lake Mary store on July 25th. Click the link for details.
Seabra Foods will be hosting a Grand Opening on July 9th at 11am for their new Hunter’s Creek location (in the former Lucky’s Market space). The store features international specialty products from Brazil, Latin America, and Portugal.
Don Julio Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar has opened its fourth Central Florida location in Lake Nona. All locations are currently serving a limited menu, but if you pop over to their website (link above), you can sign up for a coupon for $8 off your next purchase of $45 or more.
It looks like when Magic Kingdom opens this month, the Liberty Tree Tavern will only be offering an “All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Bill of Fare” menu for $39/adults (plant-based options available). Kids will have an option of that or individual kid’s menu dishes. All a la carte regular menu items have been removed from the menu.
GoodaFooda is looking for a new home after getting having their lease terminated by the Oviedo Mall. Full details can be read here. We wish them luck on their search for a new location.
The Joinery food hall in Lakeland got the all clear to reopen following a positive coronovirus test at one of the hall’s restaurants.
- Museum of Illusions Has Opened at ICON Park Orlando .. #MuseumOfIllusionsOrlando @ICONParkOrlando #OrlandoAttractions #TicketDeals - January 19, 2021
- Dinosaur Invasion Returns to Orlando’s Leu Gardens Jan 18-April 18 .. #LeuGardens #Dinosaurs - January 18, 2021
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For January 15, 2021: Gideon’s Bakehouse, Portillo’s, Major’s Project Pop, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - January 15, 2021
- Grande Lakes Orlando to Host Inaugural “Curated Experiences” Event Jan 29-31, 2021 .. #GrandeLakesOrlando #JWMarriottOrlando #Staycation #RitzCarltonOrlando #LuxuryTravel - January 10, 2021
- Gatorland Offers $9.99 Florida Resident Deal For January .. #Gatorland #FLResident - January 8, 2021
- 2021 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Kicks Off Jan 8 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #Disney - January 6, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Partners With Subly For Increased Accessibility Online .. #OrlandoFringe #Subly #OrlandoArts - January 6, 2021
- New Local Haitian TV Station Debuts in Central Florida .. #AyitiTV #OrlandoTV - January 5, 2021
- Visit Orlando Hires New President & CEO .. #VisitOrlando #OrlandoTourism - January 5, 2021
- Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World for 2021 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ParkHopping - January 4, 2021