Here is the latest Central Florida foodie and dining news to report on, including a Central Florida baking champion, new restaurants, special events, and much more.
Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
[Top image: Generous Pour Wines 2020 courtesy The Capital Grille]
Orlando’s Evette Rahman, who owns the bakeshop Sister Honey’s, is preparing to compete in the World Food Championships (WFC) finals August 8-9 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Rahman managed to repeat as a Category Champion in the WFC’s Dessert division this past October in Dallas, Texas. Her category win came with over $10,000 in prize winnings, and a seat at WFC’s “Final Table: Indy.”
“This win gives validation for all our hard work, and we feel honored and supported,” said Rahman. “We don’t know what to expect at the Final Table, but we are ready to try and conquer whatever comes our way.”
As Rahman will be out of town competing, Sister Honey’s will be closed August 4-11, 2020.
The Capital Grille has just kicked off its highly anticipated annual summer event, The Generous Pour.
Now through Sept. 6, The Generous Pour invites guests to sample as many wines as they wish from a selection of seven distinctive labels as they dine. Each wine is chosen with The Capital Grille’s menu in mind, and servers guide guests through the ultimate pairing experience, complete with tasting notes. The wine experience is $28 with dinner.
This year also marks the launch of The Generous Pour @Home, where guests can order from all seven of the featured bottles of wine with their takeout dinner. The offering includes a Stölzle crystal Generous Pour wine glass per entree, and a take-home guide, which unlocks access to private short films starring Dave Phinney himself and filmed exclusively in celebration of the 2020 Generous Pour.
The Capital Grille has two Orlando locations: at the Mall at Millenia and at Pointe Orlando.
Now through September 14, Seasons 52 is celebrating all things rosé with the return of Rosé All Day, All Summer, a curated menu that celebrates the favorite summertime wine, complete with rosé cocktails.
Sip popular labels by-the-glass, such as Vanderpump Rosé and Jansz Brut Rosé, as well as the signature Rosé Lemonade and Rosé Sangria drinks. Guests can also purchase rosé by the bottle to go.
Seasons 52 has two Orlando area locations: on Sand Lake Rd in Dr. Phillips, and in Altamonte Springs. Check out the new Summer menu items while you’re there…we’ll be doing the same, soon!
Finca – Casual Kitchen opened last weekend in Lake Nona. The Puerto Rican fast-casual restaurant offers a menu of classic dishes and more. Prices look reasonable, too, but it looks like it may be take out only for now. If you have a chance to check them out before I do, let me know what you think.
Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream is celebrating National Ice Cream Sandwich Day on
August 2 with a collaboration with Orlandough. UPDATE: This has been postponed to August 6 because of TS Isiais.
Pair one of Orlandough’s craft mini-donuts in Black Out, Vanilla Sprinkles, or Lemon Pie, with your choice of Kelly’s signature ice cream flavors for $5 per sandwich. See below for suggested pairings.
The event starts at 3pm at all Kelly’s locations, and these pairings tend to sell out.
Ronald McDonald House® Charities of Central Florida is taking its annual Appetite for the Arches event online this year on August 15. Top Central Florida chefs will put their creativity to the test using McDonald’s ingredients in this foodie event and competition. They will also be rolling out cooking demo videos with top chefs including John Rivers from 4Rivers Smokehouse.
Bites & Bubbles in Orlando has added a second night on August 18th to its Julia Child’s 108th Birthday Wine Dinner event. Cost is $179 per person (inclusive) for a six-course dinner with wine pairings. Dinner includes guests choice of Julia Child’s cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking or a bottle of wine to take home.
Christner’s Prime Steak & Lobster in Orlando is hosting two Maker’s Mark® Private Select Tasting Weekends, July 31-August 1, and August 14-15.
Guests 21 and over will receive a complimentary tasting of Christner’s Private Select® with their dinner.
A continuation of the wood-finishing series, Maker’s Mark Private Select® is a first-of-its-kind barrel program. It allows select restaurant partners, like Christner’s, to purchase a barrel and explore their own taste visions of Maker’s Mark®.
Bottles will also be available for purchase: $70 for one bottle or $130 for two.
Chocolate Glazed doughnuts return to Krispy Kreme July 31 with a special deal: Get a $2 Chocolate Glazed dozen with any full-priced dozen purchase, in honor of the second anniversary of the flavor. Valid at all Central Florida locations; limit 2 free dozens per customer.
- Chicken Guy! in Winter Park Launches New Breakfast Menu .. #ChickenGuy #WinterPark #Foodies - May 23, 2022
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind’ Opens at EPCOT May 27 .. #GOTG #GOTGCosmicRewind #WaltDisneyWorld - May 22, 2022
- Marlow’s Tavern Adds Seasonal Dishes to Menu for Summer 2022 .. #MarlowsTavern #Foodies - May 20, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces ‘Universal Monsters: Legends Collide’ Haunted House for Halloween Horror Nights 2022 .. #HHN2022 #UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #Horror - May 17, 2022
- Gator Week Returns To Wild Florida With Free Admission And More May 23-28, 2022 .. @WildFlorida #WildFlorida #GatorWeek - May 16, 2022
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns May 17-May 30, 2022 .. #OrlandoFringe #KidsFringe #OrlandoArts - May 12, 2022
- Viva La Música Returns To SeaWorld Orlando Weekends May 14-23, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #VivaLaMusica - May 11, 2022
- Gatorpalooza Returns to Gatorland May 14-15, 2022 .. @Gatorland #Gatorland #OrlandoAttractions #Gatorpalooza - May 10, 2022
- MegaCon Orlando 2022 Hosts All-Star Line-Up Of Guests, Panels, and More May 19-22 at Orange County Convention Center .. @MegaConOrlando #LOTR #StarTrek #StarWars #MEGACONOrlando - May 9, 2022
- Monster Jam World Finals XXI Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 21-22, 2022 + We Have a Discount Code .. #MonsterJam #MonsterTrucks #OrlandoSports - May 6, 2022