Here is the latest Central Florida foodie and dining news to report on, including new restaurants, a closings, menu changes, and much more.
Here is the news you need to know this week:
Feed the Need Florida, a statewide public and private collaboration led by Orlando nonprofit 4Roots and 4 Rivers Restaurant Group, has announced it’s reached a new milestone of meals served, distributing more than one million meals since its formation in March of this year. If you’d like to help them reach even more people, visit feedtheneedfl.org for information on donating or volunteering. Thank you John Rivers for all you do for Central Florida!
Speaking of John Rivers, his 4Rivers Smokehouse and its Orlando philanthropic initiative, 4Roots Farm Campus, is now partnering with the Orlando Science Center for what is being called a new concept that will occupy the space previously housing the OSC’s ground floor cafe.
During the transitional period, 4Rivers Catering will be offering a rotating menu. Plans are to fully open the restaurant this fall.
I mentioned in a previous roundup The Osprey Tavern in Baldwin Park had updated its menu to be more seafood-centric. Well it turns out the restaurant has fully rebranded into a “seafood and spirits” eatery, as well as dropping the “Tavern” part of their name, They’re now The Osprey Orlando. Oh and don’t miss their $1 oysters during the daily happy hour from 4-7pm.
Marlow’s Tavern has a new Insider Club Loyalty Program to reward guests for visiting. Marlow’s Insider Club will provide members with exclusive offers and event invitations; perks for birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones; and members receive a complimentary entrée after every four visits (with a total bill of $15 or more). Membership in Marlow’s Insider Club is free. To join, guests can go online to register.
Marlow’s has also launched a new mobile app so members can quickly access offers, rewards, locations, and menus. It is available via the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Cafe Tu Tu Tango has announced in-house artist Maria Barry has designed the artwork for new masks being sold by the restaurant. Each mask is made in the U.K. from three-ply, comfortable, breathable material, packaged individually, and priced at $15.99.
Salty Donut announced last week they are bringing their brand to Orlando with a location in Audubon Park on Corrine Drive. The Miami-based company focuses on chef-made, small-batch, craft donuts that rotate based on seasonality. They’re also known for unusual flavors like Sweet Tea + Bourbon brioche, Maple + Bacon (which features a J.Wakefield porter reduction), and the Mango + Coconut Croughnut pictured below. I’m drooling already…
The City of Eustis has teamed up with the USDA for “Farmers to Families Food Box” Distribution event on July 27, 2020.
It is scheduled from 9am to 3pm (while supplies last), at the Lake County Fairgrounds (2101 County Road 452). Residents of Lake County can participate by entering the Fairground property off of County Road 44.
Donuts Galore and More in Sanford is hosting its Grand Opening this Saturday from 8-11am. You’ll find them at 233 Bellagio Circle.
Those seeking a boba tea fix on the west side of town can check out the newly opened Boba Queen at 5600 West Colonial Drive (near Kirkman Rd). It also offers Dalgona coffee, katsu, eggettes, sandos, and more.
Universal Orlando is opening a quick-service kiosk called Central Park Crepes in the Universal Studios Florida park. It will be located next to the Central Park entrance (hence the name).
Menu and signage at Central Park Crepes. Coming soon at Universal Studios Florida. pic.twitter.com/B8XPk6Mpr9
— bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) July 18, 2020
Wahlburgers has slung its last burger in Central Florida with the closing this month of its Waterford Lakes location in Orlando. Honestly I wasn’t a fan of the chain, but it’s sad to see more people out of work right now.
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PeppaPig - February 25, 2021
- Kevin Smith to Bring Mooby’s Pop-Up To Tin Roof Orlando in March .. @MoobysPopUp @ThatKevinSmith @tinrooforlando #MoobysOrlando - February 24, 2021
- Monster Jam Returns To Camping World Stadium Feb 27-28, 2021 .. @MonsterJam - February 23, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2021 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 22, 2021
- First Details Released for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyWorld50 - February 21, 2021
- Wekiva Paint Out Returns to Wekiva Island Feb 21-27, 2021 .. #WekivaPaintOut @WekivaIsland - February 18, 2021
- Out and About: Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show Debuts at LEGOLAND Florida! .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #BuiltForKids #BrickbeardsWatersportsStuntShow #Be10Too #Pirates - February 13, 2021
- Orlando Science Center Unveils New Tiny Green Home at Loch Haven Park .. @CityBeautiful @OrlandoScience @OUCreliableone #TinyGreenHome - February 12, 2021
- Otronicon Returns To The Orlando Science Center Feb 12-15, 2021 .. @OrlandoScience @Otronicon - February 11, 2021
- New PirateFest Weekends Kick off at LEGOLAND Florida Starting Feb 12, 2021! .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - February 10, 2021