Here is the latest Central Florida foodie and dining news to report on, including new restaurants, a closings, menu changes, and much more.
Here is the news you need to know this week:
Feed the Need Florida, a statewide public and private collaboration led by Orlando nonprofit 4Roots and 4 Rivers Restaurant Group, has announced it’s reached a new milestone of meals served, distributing more than one million meals since its formation in March of this year. If you’d like to help them reach even more people, visit feedtheneedfl.org for information on donating or volunteering. Thank you John Rivers for all you do for Central Florida!
Speaking of John Rivers, his 4Rivers Smokehouse and its Orlando philanthropic initiative, 4Roots Farm Campus, is now partnering with the Orlando Science Center for what is being called a new concept that will occupy the space previously housing the OSC’s ground floor cafe.
During the transitional period, 4Rivers Catering will be offering a rotating menu. Plans are to fully open the restaurant this fall.
I mentioned in a previous roundup The Osprey Tavern in Baldwin Park had updated its menu to be more seafood-centric. Well it turns out the restaurant has fully rebranded into a “seafood and spirits” eatery, as well as dropping the “Tavern” part of their name, They’re now The Osprey Orlando. Oh and don’t miss their $1 oysters during the daily happy hour from 4-7pm.
Marlow’s Tavern has a new Insider Club Loyalty Program to reward guests for visiting. Marlow’s Insider Club will provide members with exclusive offers and event invitations; perks for birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones; and members receive a complimentary entrée after every four visits (with a total bill of $15 or more). Membership in Marlow’s Insider Club is free. To join, guests can go online to register.
Marlow’s has also launched a new mobile app so members can quickly access offers, rewards, locations, and menus. It is available via the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Cafe Tu Tu Tango has announced in-house artist Maria Barry has designed the artwork for new masks being sold by the restaurant. Each mask is made in the U.K. from three-ply, comfortable, breathable material, packaged individually, and priced at $15.99.
Salty Donut announced last week they are bringing their brand to Orlando with a location in Audubon Park on Corrine Drive. The Miami-based company focuses on chef-made, small-batch, craft donuts that rotate based on seasonality. They’re also known for unusual flavors like Sweet Tea + Bourbon brioche, Maple + Bacon (which features a J.Wakefield porter reduction), and the Mango + Coconut Croughnut pictured below. I’m drooling already…
The City of Eustis has teamed up with the USDA for “Farmers to Families Food Box” Distribution event on July 27, 2020.
It is scheduled from 9am to 3pm (while supplies last), at the Lake County Fairgrounds (2101 County Road 452). Residents of Lake County can participate by entering the Fairground property off of County Road 44.
Donuts Galore and More in Sanford is hosting its Grand Opening this Saturday from 8-11am. You’ll find them at 233 Bellagio Circle.
Those seeking a boba tea fix on the west side of town can check out the newly opened Boba Queen at 5600 West Colonial Drive (near Kirkman Rd). It also offers Dalgona coffee, katsu, eggettes, sandos, and more.
Universal Orlando is opening a quick-service kiosk called Central Park Crepes in the Universal Studios Florida park. It will be located next to the Central Park entrance (hence the name).
Menu and signage at Central Park Crepes. Coming soon at Universal Studios Florida. pic.twitter.com/B8XPk6Mpr9
— bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) July 18, 2020
Wahlburgers has slung its last burger in Central Florida with the closing this month of its Waterford Lakes location in Orlando. Honestly I wasn’t a fan of the chain, but it’s sad to see more people out of work right now.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021