In a normal year, there are many ways to celebrate the 4th of July here in Orlando and Central Florida, from theme park events to city-sponsored events, and everything in between.
But 2020 is proving to be anything but normal, and due to COVID-19 safety precautions many of our regular patriotic picks simply aren’t happening.
You don’t have to put off celebrating July 4th completely, though. I have scoured press releases and the internet, and here are our picks for celebrating this year’s holiday:
This year’s annual 4th of July Celebration in Downtown Avalon Park will consist of FIREWORKS ONLY at 9pm. Viewers are asked to abide by the CDC and Government recommendations as it relates to social distancing and masks. Free to attend. CANCELLED JULY 1 **********
This year’s annual Fireworks at the Fountain is going virtual this year. Join Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and News 6 WKMG/ClickOrlando for a pre-recorded compilation of the brightest and biggest fireworks from the past several years at Lake Eola. The fireworks are scheduled for 9:15pm. Before the fireworks show, News 6 will honor heroes in the community.
Our Fireworks at the Fountain is going virtual this year.
— City of Orlando (@citybeautiful) June 29, 2020
Included with regular park admission, the park will be hosting a 4th of July 3D fireworks show that will turn into LEGO bricks before your eyes. Masks are required.
From July 3-5, the Promenade will be hosting DJs and live bands. Saturday, July 4, they’ll be hosting a social distanced fireworks event, with tickets $12 per person. There will also be a Star-Spangled Car and Truck Show on Sunday from 11am-3pm. Temperature checks, face masks, and hand sanitizing required for all guests entering Promenade during Saturday evening festivities. Complimentary face masks distributed to all guests at entrance.
Included with regular park admission, the park will be hosting nighly fireworks from July 3-5, beginning at 9pm. All nights will feature a brand-new fireworks spectacular called “Light Up The Sky” followed by a patriotic fireworks finale. Best viewing is Bayside Stadium, and the park says they will adhere to “physically distant viewing locations.” Masks are required.
Enjoy a concert by Latitude28, followed by fireworks from the safety of your car. Tickets are free but must be reserved at the link above to help them maintain social distancing.
The City of Winter Park invites the community to enjoy a virtual presentation of its annual 4th of July Celebration. A link to the pre-recorded, virtual celebration will be posted Saturday, July 4, at 9am, on the city’s official website, as well as the city’s Facebook page.
FOOD AND DRINK
If your home celebration includes alcohol, check your local ABC Fine Wine & Spirits for great deals on a variety of spirits, beers, seltzers, and wine.
The New Standard is celebrating July as National Grilling Month with four weekly Grill Kits, kicking off with this 4th of July weekend with Wings + Burgers. Grill Kits are $50 each, serve 2-3 people, and include everything you need for a full meal, and must be ordered by July 2 for pick-up July 3 or 4. You can also order all four weeks of kits at once for $150 (a $50 savings), if you pre-order by 5pm on July 2. Orders can be placed by calling The New Standard at 407-316-2278, or online at newstandardwp.com/order-online.
For those celebrating at home, grab one of these amazing baskets of food to feed everyone. $60 for two and $100 for four. To-go cocktails and beer from The Ravenous Pig Brewing Co. also available. Order via the link above for pick-up July 3 or 4.
If you’re dining at STK at Disney Springs now through July 5, you can add-on the $17.76 Red, White & Blue STEAK Topping to any steak order. It features Lobster Tail, Blue Corn Tortilla & Garlic Cream. Reservations can be made at the link above.
If you know of a fun 4th of July event we missed, let us know what it is in the comments! And no matter where you choose to celebrate, please celebrate it safely and responsibly, especially if you choose to drink.
- Universal Orlando Reveals Mardi Gras 2023 Details Including Live Concert Line-Up - January 17, 2023
- ‘Wicked’ Returns To Orlando’s Dr Phillips Center For Extended Engagement Jan 25–Feb 12, 2023 - January 16, 2023
- The ‘Riverdance’ 25th Anniversary Show Dances into Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 20-22, 2023 - January 12, 2023
- Walt Disney World News: Opening Date for ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’, Nighttime Shows Returning, and Updates for Guests and Passholders - January 10, 2023
- Chase Padgett Brings Acclaimed ‘6 Guitars’ Show to Orlando’s Renaissance Theatre Company January 6-29, 2023 - January 4, 2023
- Daytona Boat Show Returns to Daytona International Speedway Jan 13-15, 2023 - January 3, 2023
- ‘Tina – The Tina Turner Musical’ Rocks Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 10-15, 2023 - January 2, 2023
- Out And About: A New Publix Has Opened at Town Center at O-Town West - January 1, 2023
- The Wheel at ICON Park Evacuated After Power Outage on New Year’s Eve - January 1, 2023
- “Jurassic World Live Tour” Roars Into Orlando’s Amway Center Jan 13-16, 2023 + We Have a Discount Code! - December 30, 2022