Wild Florida will hold its annual Gator Week June 8-13, 2020, and they are offering free admission to Essential Workers (first responders, healthcare workers and grocery store workers).
Even though many view alligators as fierce carnivores always on the hunt, that’s not actually the case.
To help dispel the myths, Wild Florida decided to dedicate an entire week to educating and debunking many common misunderstandings surrounding these reptiles through live demonstrations and interactive experiences.
Here is what is scheduled for Gator Week 2020:
Monday, June 8 – The park’s albino alligators, Snowflake and Blizzard, are expecting! See one of the few breeding albino alligators in the world as they reveal their second nest.
Tuesday, June 9 – People ask all the time, “Just how big is Crusher… really?” The park will attempt to record an official measurement of Crusher’s length without any force or wrestling.
Wednesday, June 10 – We all have our favorite foods, but what about alligators? Go inside the Gator Pond to find out what the alligator’s favorite food is during the park’s feeding show and see what type of food makes the gators really jump.
Thursday, June 11 – We all know what direction you have to run away from an alligator, but do you know how fast you’ll need to go? Meet along the banks of the Gator Pond as they attempt to record a crocodile’s burst of speed using a speed gun.
Friday, June 12 – Alligators have one powerful bite, but don’t underestimate the power of their tails. Join the park at Crusher’s exhibit as they attempt to record the highest gator jump on land.
Saturday, June 13 – As Gator Week comes to a close, Wild Florida is offering guests a one-day-only deal for $5 off your one-hour airboat tour this day.
Plus there will be several daily events revolving around the gators.
Wild Florida is located at 3301 Lake Cypress Rd, Kenansville, FL 34739, just south of Kissimmee via the Turnpike. Hours are 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday; closed on Sunday.
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021