Wild Florida will hold its annual Gator Week June 8-13, 2020, and they are offering free admission to Essential Workers (first responders, healthcare workers and grocery store workers).
Even though many view alligators as fierce carnivores always on the hunt, that’s not actually the case.
To help dispel the myths, Wild Florida decided to dedicate an entire week to educating and debunking many common misunderstandings surrounding these reptiles through live demonstrations and interactive experiences.
Here is what is scheduled for Gator Week 2020:
Monday, June 8 – The park’s albino alligators, Snowflake and Blizzard, are expecting! See one of the few breeding albino alligators in the world as they reveal their second nest.
Tuesday, June 9 – People ask all the time, “Just how big is Crusher… really?” The park will attempt to record an official measurement of Crusher’s length without any force or wrestling.
Wednesday, June 10 – We all have our favorite foods, but what about alligators? Go inside the Gator Pond to find out what the alligator’s favorite food is during the park’s feeding show and see what type of food makes the gators really jump.
Thursday, June 11 – We all know what direction you have to run away from an alligator, but do you know how fast you’ll need to go? Meet along the banks of the Gator Pond as they attempt to record a crocodile’s burst of speed using a speed gun.
Friday, June 12 – Alligators have one powerful bite, but don’t underestimate the power of their tails. Join the park at Crusher’s exhibit as they attempt to record the highest gator jump on land.
Saturday, June 13 – As Gator Week comes to a close, Wild Florida is offering guests a one-day-only deal for $5 off your one-hour airboat tour this day.
Plus there will be several daily events revolving around the gators.
Wild Florida is located at 3301 Lake Cypress Rd, Kenansville, FL 34739, just south of Kissimmee via the Turnpike. Hours are 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday; closed on Sunday.
- Bite30 Returns July 15-August 16, 2020 To Tantalize Taste Buds .. #Bite30 #Foodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 13, 2020
- Spooky Empire Cancels 2020 Events and Announces 2021 Dates .. #SpookyEmpire #HorrorConventions - July 12, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020