At yesterday’s annual State of the County address, Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings announced a new campaign the county has launched, called “Safer, Stronger, Together.”
The campaign seeks to further encourage business and resident participation in COVID-19 safety guidelines, and invites consumers to positively support businesses that adhere to strong, visible safe measures.
It calls on residents and local businesses to “Do Their Part” for safety, making a personal promise to adhere to the guidelines that have been shown to reduce spread, and show care and respect for others in our community.
“We need to model and lead by example, hold ourselves accountable and positively reinforce those who are doing it right,” said Mayor Demings. “We’ve developed a campaign that uses the power of our community to work together – as the need is so much larger than any one voice alone. We are a community that has a sense of togetherness and this challenge has brought us even closer. I ask each of you to join together in this effort.”
The Safer, Stronger, Together campaign was developed at the request of the Mayor by two leading regional business organizations – Visit Orlando and the Orlando Economic Partnership – and solicited collaboration from over 100 local leaders including four Central Florida counties (Orange, Osceola, Lake and Seminole); the Orlando Economic Recovery Task Force; large- and small-businesses; Central Florida media; and healthcare executives.
Campaign resources and support for businesses are available in English, Spanish and Creole at DoYourPartORL.com. Residents can also find information on how they can help at that site.
- Bite30 Returns July 15-August 16, 2020 To Tantalize Taste Buds .. #Bite30 #Foodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 13, 2020
- Spooky Empire Cancels 2020 Events and Announces 2021 Dates .. #SpookyEmpire #HorrorConventions - July 12, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020