At yesterday’s annual State of the County address, Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings announced a new campaign the county has launched, called “Safer, Stronger, Together.”
The campaign seeks to further encourage business and resident participation in COVID-19 safety guidelines, and invites consumers to positively support businesses that adhere to strong, visible safe measures.
It calls on residents and local businesses to “Do Their Part” for safety, making a personal promise to adhere to the guidelines that have been shown to reduce spread, and show care and respect for others in our community.
“We need to model and lead by example, hold ourselves accountable and positively reinforce those who are doing it right,” said Mayor Demings. “We’ve developed a campaign that uses the power of our community to work together – as the need is so much larger than any one voice alone. We are a community that has a sense of togetherness and this challenge has brought us even closer. I ask each of you to join together in this effort.”
The Safer, Stronger, Together campaign was developed at the request of the Mayor by two leading regional business organizations – Visit Orlando and the Orlando Economic Partnership – and solicited collaboration from over 100 local leaders including four Central Florida counties (Orange, Osceola, Lake and Seminole); the Orlando Economic Recovery Task Force; large- and small-businesses; Central Florida media; and healthcare executives.
Campaign resources and support for businesses are available in English, Spanish and Creole at DoYourPartORL.com. Residents can also find information on how they can help at that site.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023