We’re wrapping up May 2020 with a lot of Central Florida foodie and dining news to report on this week, from new openings to closings to free doughnuts (say what?), and more.
Here is the news you need to know this week:
Uber Eats and the Orlando Downtown Development Board have partnered together to offer free delivery from downtown Orlando restaurants.
The deal runs through June 30, 2020. Plus, first-time Uber Eats users can enter the promo code ORDERUPDOWNTOWN to also get $10 off your first order
East End Market is adding Lake Nona to its van delivery route this weekend. Visit eastendmkt.app/login to place your order.
Bao’s Castle in the SoDo area of Orlando is offering a “Tasty $20” deal on Saturday, May 30. It includes fried pork belly chips served with yuzu tartar as the appetizer, three of their most famous bao – the Sidestepper, a soft shell crab with apple kimchi and arugula, fried chicken bao, and the Baoser’s Buddy, braised short rib and fresh kimchi, homemade churros for dessert, AND a draft beer or wine. Only 25 available – place your order now! (407) 704-3041.
The Osprey Tavern has reopened its dining room at 50% capacity, and they’ve got a new menu with lots of new seafood dishes. To make your reservation, please call them at (407) 960-7700.
Ocean Prime Orlando in Dr. Phillips has reopened, and is available for carryout, delivery and dine-in reservations, with limited food and beverage menus. The restaurant will be open for dine-in and curbside carryout on Sunday + Tuesday-Thursday from 4-8pm, and Friday-Saturday from 4-9pm.
Raglan Road Orlando Irish Pub & Restaurant announced today that its quick-service Cooke’s of Dublin restaurant, popular for authentic fish and chips and gourmet burgers, will reopen June 3, 2020, at Disney Springs from noon to 10pm daily.
The adjacent table-service Raglan Road restaurant will reopen the following week later on June 10, 2020. Reservations are recommended and can be made at raglanroad.com or by calling 407-938-0300.
King Cajun Crawfish has opened a new location in the Dr. Phillips area at 7637 Turkey Lake Rd.
Jimmy’s Burgers and Wings is now open at 5256 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
in Kissimmee (near the intersection of Polynesian Blvd.).
Tin & Taco looks to open its sixth Orlando area location in June over at the Waterford Lakes Town Center. They need to open a location on the southwest side of town.
North Dakota-based Sickies Garage Burgers & Brews is planning to open its first Florida location at 7640 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee (the old Shoney’s building).
The menu boasts 50 burgers, including the “Sickies Burger” topped with pulled pork, onion rings, bacon and fried egg, and a rotating selection of 50 local craft, domestic, and import brews.
They’re looking at a Spring 2021 opening date, then plan to also open a location on I-Drive after that.
Marlow’s Tavern has reopened its Lee Vista dining room (near the Orlando International Airport).
Krispy Kreme is extending National Doughnut Day into National Doughnut Week this year. From June 1 through June 5, visit a Central Florida location and pick up your one free doughnut per day. Not valid for delivery.
Plus today, May 29, Chocolate glazed doughnuts are back.
ABC Fine Wine & Spirits is hosting some Virtual Tasting Events. Purchase each tasting’s featured wine or spirits in advance through ABC’s Contactless Curbside Pickup. On the night of the tasting, join the virtual meeting to sip along and interact with the host.
Here is the upcoming schedule:
5/28 – Marietta Cellars wine
5/29 – Cigar City Brewing
5/29 – Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs
6/1 – Teeling Irish Whiskey
6/1 – Joel Gott Wines
6/2 – Patrón Tequila
6/2 – Bergevin Lane Wines
6/3 – Highclere Castle Gin
6/3 – Bravante Vineyards Wines
6/4 – St. Germain Liqueur
6/5 – Santa Julia Wines
Visit abcfws.com/events for times and links.
Hopdoddy Burger Bar at Pointe Orlando has closed, blaming the COVID-19 quarantine. It heavily depended on the convention traffic, and couldn’t sustain the location without it. Sad – I heard the Texas-based brand had great burgers.
This year’s Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show and Healthy Food Expo Florida, scheduled for September 2020, have also been cancelled due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s a great place to find the latest food products and trends, so I’ll miss covering this year’s show. But I’ll be back for next year’s show, scheduled for September 19-20, 2021.
- Museum of Illusions Has Opened at ICON Park Orlando .. #MuseumOfIllusionsOrlando @ICONParkOrlando #OrlandoAttractions #TicketDeals - January 19, 2021
- Dinosaur Invasion Returns to Orlando’s Leu Gardens Jan 18-April 18 .. #LeuGardens #Dinosaurs - January 18, 2021
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For January 15, 2021: Gideon’s Bakehouse, Portillo’s, Major’s Project Pop, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - January 15, 2021
- Grande Lakes Orlando to Host Inaugural “Curated Experiences” Event Jan 29-31, 2021 .. #GrandeLakesOrlando #JWMarriottOrlando #Staycation #RitzCarltonOrlando #LuxuryTravel - January 10, 2021
- Gatorland Offers $9.99 Florida Resident Deal For January .. #Gatorland #FLResident - January 8, 2021
- 2021 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Kicks Off Jan 8 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #Disney - January 6, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Partners With Subly For Increased Accessibility Online .. #OrlandoFringe #Subly #OrlandoArts - January 6, 2021
- New Local Haitian TV Station Debuts in Central Florida .. #AyitiTV #OrlandoTV - January 5, 2021
- Visit Orlando Hires New President & CEO .. #VisitOrlando #OrlandoTourism - January 5, 2021
- Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World for 2021 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ParkHopping - January 4, 2021