As we told you last week, Walt Disney World has decided to dip its toes into the reopening waters by doing a limited opening of Disney Springs on Tuesday, May 20.
Based on government requirements, as well as guidance from health authorities such as the CDC and appropriate government agencies, Disney is implementing a number of new health and safety measures and operational changes for this reopening.
Here’s what you need to know…
WHAT WILL BE OPEN
Third-Party Vendors will be the first to reopen on May 20.
- 4 Rivers Cantina Food Truck
- Blaze Pizza
- The Boathouse
- Chicken Guy
- Earl of Sandwich
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery
- Frontera Cocina
- Planet Hollywood
- The Polite Pig
- STK Orlando
- Sunshine Churros
- Wine Bar George
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
- American Threads
- Crystal Arts
- Free People
- Pele Soccer
- Pop Gallery
- Ron Jon Surf Shop
Future openings announced:
Opening May 22:
- Morimoto Asia/Morimoto Asia Street Food
- Pizza Ponte
- Vivoli il Gelato
Then on May 27, some Disney-operated venues will be opening:
- D-Luxe Burger (mobile ordering)
- Marketplace Co-Op
- World of Disney
PARKING AND ENTRANCES:
During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed.
They will also reduce the number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and ride share location behind Cirque du Soleil.
Appropriate Face Coverings:
All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both guests and cast members. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).
Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party. Disney recommends checking the temperatures of yourself and your party prior to leaving home, as an extra layer of precaution.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures:
To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, they will limit the number of guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. They will also add physical barriers in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.
Disney has increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. They will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available, and encourage you to use these frequently.
Disney is recommending you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.
If you’d like more information, visit DisneySprings.com/reopening.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2021 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 13, 2021
- Swamp Sistas Hold Summer Hope for Kids Fundraiser June 12-17, 2021 .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow - June 12, 2021
- Out and About: Foxtail Coffee Pairs with Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Ravenous Pig Brewing for New Winter Park Location .. @FoxtailCoffee @KellysHMIC @RavenousPig #OrlandoCoffee #OrlandoIceCream #CentralFLBreweries - June 11, 2021
- Creative City Project Announces 2021-2022 Season of Events in Orlando .. @Creative_Proj #CreativeCityProject #OrlandoArts - June 11, 2021
- Five-Year Pulse Remembrance Week Events for 2021 .. #Pulse5YearsLater #RememberPulse - June 5, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Howl-O-Scream Halloween Event Coming to Park for First Time .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HowlOScream #OrlandoHalloween - June 4, 2021
- LEGO NINJAGO Days Return to LEGOLAND Florida in June .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #LEGONINJAGO - June 4, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 4, 2021 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 3, 2021
- Walt Disney World Reveals Details About Disney After Hours Boo Bash .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyAfterHours #BooBash #OrlandoHalloween - June 3, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Announces 2021 Award Winners and Details on DigiFringe Starting June 4 .. @OrlandoFringe #OrlandoFringe #DigiFringe #OrlandoArts - June 2, 2021