As we told you last week, Walt Disney World has decided to dip its toes into the reopening waters by doing a limited opening of Disney Springs on Tuesday, May 20.
Based on government requirements, as well as guidance from health authorities such as the CDC and appropriate government agencies, Disney is implementing a number of new health and safety measures and operational changes for this reopening.
Here’s what you need to know…
WHAT WILL BE OPEN
Third-Party Vendors will be the first to reopen on May 20.
- 4 Rivers Cantina Food Truck
- Blaze Pizza
- The Boathouse
- Chicken Guy
- Earl of Sandwich
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery
- Frontera Cocina
- Planet Hollywood
- The Polite Pig
- STK Orlando
- Sunshine Churros
- Wine Bar George
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
- American Threads
- Crystal Arts
- Free People
- Pele Soccer
- Pop Gallery
- Ron Jon Surf Shop
Future openings announced:
Opening May 22:
- Morimoto Asia/Morimoto Asia Street Food
- Pizza Ponte
- Vivoli il Gelato
Then on May 27, some Disney-operated venues will be opening:
- D-Luxe Burger (mobile ordering)
- Marketplace Co-Op
- World of Disney
View this post on Instagram
Nothing hits the #BBQ spot like @thepolitepig at #DisneySprings. #thisisorlando . . This is their delicious coffee rub prime #brisket with three sides (l to r) BBQ cauliflower, crispy Brussels sprouts with a whiskey-caramel glaze, and smoked root vegetables. . . #ThePolitePig #orlandobbq #disneydining #orlandoeats #food #foodies #orlandofoodies #foodietribe #eeeeeats #instayum #visitorlando #eatinfortheinsta #Obassador #foodblogger #orlandoblogger #CitySurfingOrlando #hosted
PARKING AND ENTRANCES:
During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed.
They will also reduce the number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and ride share location behind Cirque du Soleil.
Appropriate Face Coverings:
All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both guests and cast members. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).
Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party. Disney recommends checking the temperatures of yourself and your party prior to leaving home, as an extra layer of precaution.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures:
To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, they will limit the number of guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. They will also add physical barriers in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.
Disney has increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. They will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available, and encourage you to use these frequently.
Disney is recommending you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.
If you’d like more information, visit DisneySprings.com/reopening.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020