Cinco de Mayo is an annual holiday in Mexico, which commemorates the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over the French forces of Napoleon III on May 5, 1862, at the Battle of Puebla.
American’s celebrate Cinco de Mayo, too, but let’s be honest…it’s mostly an opportunity to celebrate Mexican culture, and enjoy adult Mexican beverages.
But in 2020, Cinco de Mayo will be celebrated for the most part at home due to COVID-19.
Thankfully several Orlando-area restaurants are stepping up with take-out meals and beverage kits for you to purchase for your own celebration.
Here are some of the best options I’ve found (some offerings are available on more than May 5, and are noted as such):
From noon to 8pm, PokeKai will be serving up taco and beer combos:
Option A: Three pork tacos and four Buenaveza cans ~ $20
Option B: Three tofu tacos and four Buenaveza cans ~ $20
Option C: Three tuna tacos and four Buenaveza cans ~ $24
Option D: Trio (one of each) tacos and four Buenaveza cans ~ $22
Pre-order at the link above or call 407-437-7861 if you just want the tacos, for pricing and to order.
Offering a 12-pack of tacos for $25, plus margarita kits, from May 3-5
Offering up two “Cinco de Mayo Kits” for four. Veggie includes portobello tacos and cauliflower tacos; Carne includes chicken tacos and pork belly tacos. Kits also include beans, cucumber salad, veracruz slaw, chips and salsa verde, for $37 per kit. Add on a carafe of margaritas and each kit is $64. Order by end of business on Monday, May 4, for pickup on May 5.
Every takeout order over $10 will receive a free “Live Every Day Like It’s Cinco De Mayo” koozie, and “50% Off Your Next Guac” card, while supplies last.
Offering taco, enchilada and fajita kits for $50 and up, plus margarita kits to go.
Offering a two taco plate with rice & beans for $5 with purchase of a soda.
Offering taco bars for six with toppings and sides. $45 for ground beef or shredded chicken; $55 for grilled chicken, grilled steak, or shredded pork. Nacho bar, sides, and dessert additional.
Offering a “Cinco de Quarantino” Fiesta Box with your choice of: 1/2lb each seared brisket & grilled chicken, with nixtamalized hand made heirloom tortillas and toppings; OR a half dozen chicken and mole tamales. The box is rounded out with Rice & Beans,and a Prickly Pear Margarita or Sangria for $69.99, delivered to your door. Add a Gideon’s Cookie for $5.50.
Pre-order at email@example.com by midnight Sunday, May 3.
Offering at $59 “Cinco de Mayo Feast” including: a fajita kit with your choice of two proteins, tortillas, toppings and sides, Chicken Pozole Soup, chips and salsa, cheese dip with chorizo, and churros. Order by Sunday, May 3 at noon for pick-up on May 5.
Offering up the fan favorite Tacos al pastor at the Milk District location, from May 3-5. Plus enjoy a two tacos and a beer for $8 at both locations.
Offering taco kits for $15 (includes fillings and fixin’s for four tacos (veggie, chicken or pork), plus rice and beans. Add on extra tacos ($4 each), chips and salsa ($5), guac ($5), queso ($5) and flan for dessert ($7).
Also offering Margaritas to-go, made with Herradura Reposado tequila, Grand Marnier, agave and lime (individual, $12; 375 mL, $25; 750 mL, $45), and comes with a tote bag, while supplies last.
Call 407-316-2278 to order.
Offering a $25 “Cinco in a Bag”: 10 seasoned ground beef tacos and a large bowl of queso, with Mexican rice, refried beans, chips and salsa from May 3-5. Beer, wine or margaritas to-go also available.
Reyes Mezcaleria will be hosting a pop-up offering three family packs: Enchiladas Verde OR Beef Empanadas for $50, or a Taco Party for $65.
Plus to-go margaritas and palomas all day. Pre-order at ReyesMex.com.
Offering House Margaritas, Sangria, Tecate, Tecate Light and House tequila for $3.99 all day.
Offering a $65 “Cinco Party Box” with 12 tacos (up to 3 choices of protein), rice, beans, guacamole, salsa, chips, and churros.
Offering whole hog BBQ tacos, plus margarita and drink specials from 5:30-8:30pm.
Offering a a tray of tamales, with beans, rice, elotes, chips and salsa for $55. It also includes a free 1/2 gallon of margarita or rumchata from May 3-5. Other kits and drink specials available.
To place order, call: (Store line 1) 407-203-6505 or (Store line 2) 407-203-6478. Pick-up orders at Tamale Co. Hourglass located at: 2411 Curry Ford Road, Orlando, FL 32806.
Offering Dos Tacos Deal with two tacos, chips and a drink for just $5.99 through May 5. Double Stack your tacos for $1.50 extra.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021