There is a lot of Central Florida foodie news to report on from reopenings to supporting our frontline and healthcare workers to virtual tastings.
Here is the news you need to know this week:
Taverna Opa and Tapa Toro‘s owners Katerina and Vassilis Combaros have made the decision to reopen for pick-up and delivery. However, both restaurants will be operating out of Tapa Toro’s ICON Park location for the time being.
Full menus and family meals will be available from 1-8pm daily, and they’re offering 25% off for essential and healthcare workers.
Call 407.226.2929 to place order and pay over the phone for pick-up at Tapa Toro, or order delivery through DoorDash or UberEats.
Downtown CREDO is making it easier than ever for people to show healthcare workers love with the launch of Front Line Coffee.
Supporters can now purchase a cup of coffee for $5 at CREDO online, and the funds will be made available for front line workers that visit Downtown Credo’s Health Village location and show their badge for a free cup.
Speaking of coffee, Barnie’s Coffee & Tea Co. in Winter Park, is continuing its limited-time flavor program with a new Strawberries and Cream medium roast coffee.
Blended from 100% Arabica coffee, Strawberries and Cream offers a creamy vanilla body packed with notes of freshly picked strawberries. A 6-ounce cup has less than five calories, is sugar-, fat- and gluten-free, and available in decaf.
The price is $9.49 per 10-oz bag, and Barnie’s is also offering free shipping on orders totaling $20 or more through the end of April.
Each week, the restaurants are raising money to donate meals to a local fire station, police station or healthcare group. They are also matching every donation received. Want to donate? Give them a call at 407-751-5697.
The program kicked off last Friday with a meal donation from F&D Woodfired to Orlando Fire Department Station 11 and a meal donation from F&D Cantina to Seminole County Fire Department Station 34.
Florida family-owned ABC Fine Wine & Spirits has started hosting virtual tastings with experts in the wine and spirit industries. Upcoming events include:
April 27 – Fernet Branca
April 28 – Wicked Dolphin Rums
April 29 – Tozai Sake
April 30 – Four Roses Bourbon
May 1 – Indaba & Jam Jar Wines
To participate, purchase each tasting’s featured wine or spirits in advance through ABC’s Contactless Curbside Pickup. On the night of the tasting, join the virtual meeting to sip along and interact with the host.
As part its on-going efforts to support first responders, local favorite Park Pizza & Brewing in Lake Nona donated pizzas and teamed up with Beep, operator of the Lake Nona autonomous shuttle program, for a special delivery via self-driving shuttle to VA employees.
To limit contact with the delivery, each pizza box was sealed, put onto a cart, loaded into the shuttle by Park Pizza & Brewing restaurant employees and then secured by the on-board shuttle attendant. Utilizing the autonomous shuttle ensures safe delivery of the food without having to rely on other services and allows workers to remain on campus.
Food critic Scott Joseph is partnering with Soco Thornton Park for a virtual supper club event on April 30.
Soco chef/partner Greg Richie will prepare the three-course dinner for pickup between the hours of 2 and 6pm. He’ll include instructions for reheating the main course – the appetizer and dessert will be room temperature. Also included in the package will be two bottles of wine chosen to pair with the courses.
Cost for the food is $45 per person, and each bottle of wine is $20. So a solo dinner with wine is $85, and for a couple is $130 (sharing the wine). Tax and gratuity is additional.
For more information, or to sign up, visit scottjosephorlando.com
[Top photo courtesy of Tapa Toro]
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021