I love a good chicken tender meal, so I was happy to join fellow blogger Anna-Marie (@BeautyandtheBeets) for lunch at Huey Magoo’s Dr. Phillips location.
Neither of us had been to a Huey Magoo’s before, and decided to share a little of everything.
To start with, you can get the tenders made three ways: grilled (after marinating for 24 hours for maximum flavor); hand-breaded and fried; or hand-breaded, fried and sauced.
From there, you can choose from a variety of dipping sauces, or have the tenders in a sandwich, wrap, or salad.
We started with just the chicken.
The grilled version had so much flavor, it didn’t even need sauce. But it paired well with the house-made ranch.
The hand-breaded chicken tenders were nicely crunchy. Anna-Marie enjoyed one with the Signature Magoo’s Dip (I couldn’t try this because it had Worcestershire sauce in it and I have a seafood allergy). I thought they paired great with the sweet chili sauce and the garlic parmesean sauce.
Finally, sauced. We got ours with Buffalo sauce, and they came out with just the right amount for flavor but not so much it was messy eating them.
From there we tried them sandwiched – three huge tenders per sandwich – and wrapped. We tried both the grilled unsauced and hand-breaded Buffalo sauced versions and both were delicious, with just the right amount of vegetation.
I have to also note that I enjoyed a watermelon sweetened tea with my meal. It sounded strange, but paired really well with the savory and spicy notes of the food. It was kinda like a summer picnic feeling.
And the best part of dining at Huey Magoo’s? A tasty chicken tender feast can be had for under $10 a person.
Wallet-friendly and delicious? You’ve got to give Huey Magoo’s a try!
For more details, including a full menu, and the location nearest you, visit HueyMagoos.com.
[Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dine, but as always, my opinions are honest and my own. I’ve also been back since and enjoyed another meal on my own dime.]
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020
- Crayola Experience Orlando Launches Search for “Kid CEO for the Day” .. @VisitCrayolaORL @VisitCrayola - March 27, 2020
- MEGACON™ Orlando Has Been Postponed to June 4-7, 2020 .. @MegaConOrlando #MegaConOrlando - March 24, 2020