I love a good chicken tender meal, so I was happy to join fellow blogger Anna-Marie (@BeautyandtheBeets) for lunch at Huey Magoo’s Dr. Phillips location.
Neither of us had been to a Huey Magoo’s before, and decided to share a little of everything.
To start with, you can get the tenders made three ways: grilled (after marinating for 24 hours for maximum flavor); hand-breaded and fried; or hand-breaded, fried and sauced.
From there, you can choose from a variety of dipping sauces, or have the tenders in a sandwich, wrap, or salad.
We started with just the chicken.
The grilled version had so much flavor, it didn’t even need sauce. But it paired well with the house-made ranch.
The hand-breaded chicken tenders were nicely crunchy. Anna-Marie enjoyed one with the Signature Magoo’s Dip (I couldn’t try this because it had Worcestershire sauce in it and I have a seafood allergy). I thought they paired great with the sweet chili sauce and the garlic parmesean sauce.
Finally, sauced. We got ours with Buffalo sauce, and they came out with just the right amount for flavor but not so much it was messy eating them.
From there we tried them sandwiched – three huge tenders per sandwich – and wrapped. We tried both the grilled unsauced and hand-breaded Buffalo sauced versions and both were delicious, with just the right amount of vegetation.
I have to also note that I enjoyed a watermelon sweetened tea with my meal. It sounded strange, but paired really well with the savory and spicy notes of the food. It was kinda like a summer picnic feeling.
And the best part of dining at Huey Magoo’s? A tasty chicken tender feast can be had for under $10 a person.
Wallet-friendly and delicious? You’ve got to give Huey Magoo’s a try!
For more details, including a full menu, and the location nearest you, visit HueyMagoos.com.
[Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dine, but as always, my opinions are honest and my own. I’ve also been back since and enjoyed another meal on my own dime.]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Halloween 2020 In Central Florida .. #OrlandoHalloween #LoveOrlando - October 23, 2020
- Plaza Live Launches Outdoor ‘Front Porch Concerts’ Series .. #OrlandoArts #PlazaLiveOrlando - October 22, 2020
- Out and About: Burger World Tour Dining at Teak Neighborhood Grill .. #OrlandoRestaurants #DiningReview @TeakOrlando - October 21, 2020
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020