I love a good chicken tender meal, so I was happy to join fellow blogger Anna-Marie (@BeautyandtheBeets) for lunch at Huey Magoo’s Dr. Phillips location.
Neither of us had been to a Huey Magoo’s before, and decided to share a little of everything.
To start with, you can get the tenders made three ways: grilled (after marinating for 24 hours for maximum flavor); hand-breaded and fried; or hand-breaded, fried and sauced.
From there, you can choose from a variety of dipping sauces, or have the tenders in a sandwich, wrap, or salad.
We started with just the chicken.
The grilled version had so much flavor, it didn’t even need sauce. But it paired well with the house-made ranch.
The hand-breaded chicken tenders were nicely crunchy. Anna-Marie enjoyed one with the Signature Magoo’s Dip (I couldn’t try this because it had Worcestershire sauce in it and I have a seafood allergy). I thought they paired great with the sweet chili sauce and the garlic parmesean sauce.
Finally, sauced. We got ours with Buffalo sauce, and they came out with just the right amount for flavor but not so much it was messy eating them.
From there we tried them sandwiched – three huge tenders per sandwich – and wrapped. We tried both the grilled unsauced and hand-breaded Buffalo sauced versions and both were delicious, with just the right amount of vegetation.
I have to also note that I enjoyed a watermelon sweetened tea with my meal. It sounded strange, but paired really well with the savory and spicy notes of the food. It was kinda like a summer picnic feeling.
And the best part of dining at Huey Magoo’s? A tasty chicken tender feast can be had for under $10 a person.
Wallet-friendly and delicious? You’ve got to give Huey Magoo’s a try!
For more details, including a full menu, and the location nearest you, visit HueyMagoos.com.
[Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dine, but as always, my opinions are honest and my own. I’ve also been back since and enjoyed another meal on my own dime.]
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021