I love a good chicken tender meal, so I was happy to join fellow blogger Anna-Marie (@BeautyandtheBeets) for lunch at Huey Magoo’s Dr. Phillips location.
Neither of us had been to a Huey Magoo’s before, and decided to share a little of everything.
To start with, you can get the tenders made three ways: grilled (after marinating for 24 hours for maximum flavor); hand-breaded and fried; or hand-breaded, fried and sauced.
From there, you can choose from a variety of dipping sauces, or have the tenders in a sandwich, wrap, or salad.
We started with just the chicken.
The grilled version had so much flavor, it didn’t even need sauce. But it paired well with the house-made ranch.
The hand-breaded chicken tenders were nicely crunchy. Anna-Marie enjoyed one with the Signature Magoo’s Dip (I couldn’t try this because it had Worcestershire sauce in it and I have a seafood allergy). I thought they paired great with the sweet chili sauce and the garlic parmesean sauce.
Finally, sauced. We got ours with Buffalo sauce, and they came out with just the right amount for flavor but not so much it was messy eating them.
From there we tried them sandwiched – three huge tenders per sandwich – and wrapped. We tried both the grilled unsauced and hand-breaded Buffalo sauced versions and both were delicious, with just the right amount of vegetation.
I have to also note that I enjoyed a watermelon sweetened tea with my meal. It sounded strange, but paired really well with the savory and spicy notes of the food. It was kinda like a summer picnic feeling.
And the best part of dining at Huey Magoo’s? A tasty chicken tender feast can be had for under $10 a person.
Wallet-friendly and delicious? You’ve got to give Huey Magoo’s a try!
For more details, including a full menu, and the location nearest you, visit HueyMagoos.com.
[Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dine, but as always, my opinions are honest and my own. I’ve also been back since and enjoyed another meal on my own dime.]
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020