I love a good chicken tender meal, so I was happy to join fellow blogger Anna-Marie (@BeautyandtheBeets) for lunch at Huey Magoo’s Dr. Phillips location.
Neither of us had been to a Huey Magoo’s before, and decided to share a little of everything.
To start with, you can get the tenders made three ways: grilled (after marinating for 24 hours for maximum flavor); hand-breaded and fried; or hand-breaded, fried and sauced.
From there, you can choose from a variety of dipping sauces, or have the tenders in a sandwich, wrap, or salad.
We started with just the chicken.
The grilled version had so much flavor, it didn’t even need sauce. But it paired well with the house-made ranch.
The hand-breaded chicken tenders were nicely crunchy. Anna-Marie enjoyed one with the Signature Magoo’s Dip (I couldn’t try this because it had Worcestershire sauce in it and I have a seafood allergy). I thought they paired great with the sweet chili sauce and the garlic parmesean sauce.
Finally, sauced. We got ours with Buffalo sauce, and they came out with just the right amount for flavor but not so much it was messy eating them.
From there we tried them sandwiched – three huge tenders per sandwich – and wrapped. We tried both the grilled unsauced and hand-breaded Buffalo sauced versions and both were delicious, with just the right amount of vegetation.
I have to also note that I enjoyed a watermelon sweetened tea with my meal. It sounded strange, but paired really well with the savory and spicy notes of the food. It was kinda like a summer picnic feeling.
And the best part of dining at Huey Magoo’s? A tasty chicken tender feast can be had for under $10 a person.
Wallet-friendly and delicious? You’ve got to give Huey Magoo’s a try!
For more details, including a full menu, and the location nearest you, visit HueyMagoos.com.
[Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dine, but as always, my opinions are honest and my own. I’ve also been back since and enjoyed another meal on my own dime.]
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For May 29, 2020: Bao’s Castle, The Osprey Tavern, Ocean Prime, King Cajun Crawfish, Krispy Kreme, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo - May 29, 2020
- SeaWorld Announces Plans to Reopen Orlando Parks June 11 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #AquaticaOrlando #DiscoveryCove #Reopening - May 28, 2020
- Plans Unveiled for the Phased Reopening of Walt Disney World .. #WaltDisneyWorld #Reopening - May 27, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Re-Open May 28, 2020 + Ticket Deal .. #KSCVC #Reopening - May 26, 2020
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020