The Orlando Wetlands Festival returns February 15, 2020, to highlight the Orlando Wetlands Park, the City’s 1,650 acre water reclamation wetland.
Bring your camera and join guided photo hikes led by professional photographers. For those who like to sit and ride, guided bus tours will travel along the wetland berms, giving riders a chance to experience firsthand, Florida’s wild wetlands.
Event co-sponsor, Orange Audubon Society, will lead guided bird-watching excursions. The Friends of the Orlando Wetlands will lead wetland exploration hikes and the Florida Native Plant Society will lead native plant identification hikes.
In addition to the numerous guided tours, there will be bird-banding and mist-netting demonstrations, as well as live music throughout the day.
There will be interactive children’s activities, bounce houses, hay rides and much more for the young guests. Plus, free native wildflowers and backyard wildlife plants will be given away to encourage biodiversity.
The best part? Admission, parking and all events are FREE. Food /beverage will be available for purchase. Please leave pets at home.
The festival takes place from 9am to 3pm at Fort Christmas Historical Park in Christmas. For more information, visit cityoforlando.net/wetlands or register for free tickets and reminders at orlandowetlandsfestival.eventbrite.com.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020