Wekiva Paint Out, an annual art event, returns to Wekiva Island the week of March 1-7, 2020, for its 14th year.
For one week, dozens of world-class plein air artists will take over The Island, setting up shop in canoes, along the boardwalk, at the bar and beyond to paint scenes from Wekiva Island, the Wekiva River and Wekiwa Springs State Park.
Those who visit during Wekiva Paint Out can watch the artists working every day from March 2 through March 7. A gallery will also be open from March 2 through 7 from 10am to 9pm to see works as they are completed.
There will be a live auction from 7 to 9pm on March 4. Participants are asked to register for the auction in advance.
Guests will also have the chance to try their own hand at creating with the Quick Draw competition from noon to 2pm on March 7. Tickets for the Quick Draw are $25.
The entire week will end with a bang at the Gala, an all-inclusive night of food, drink, music and art from 6 to 10pm on March 7. Gala tickets are $40 per person and $70 per couple.
Those wishing to be more involved have the opportunity to support the artists as a sponsor or patron. Patrons pledge a donation amount and get access to exclusive events, plus receive an art voucher in the amount they donate so they can take home a piece of art created during the week.
The goal of the event is to raise awareness about the beauty of the Wekiva River and help protect it by donating to worthy organizations with an environmental mission.
For more information about the Wekiva Paint Out, to view the full schedule, or to purchase tickets, visit wekivapaintout.com.
[Top photo courtesy Wekiva Island]
- Orange County and Visit Orlando Launch ‘#407Day’ Campaign April 7 to Support Local Restaurants .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - April 6, 2020
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020