Universal Orlando will kick off Mardi Gras 2020 on February 1, and it will run daily through April 2 with authentic Cajun-style cuisine, an incredible nightly parade, and live concerts from some of the biggest names in music.
Inspired by the all-new Treasures of the Deep theme, the nightly Mardi Gras parade runs throughout the streets of Universal Studios Florida featuring intricately detailed floats, dancers and stilt performers, and countless beads.
This year, the parade will debut six new floats inspired by mystical creatures of the deep, the sunken city of Atlantis and more. And, fan-favorite floats, including the Riverboat and King Gator, will return with all-new décor celebrating 25 years of party.
Passholders have the opportunity to ride Mardi Gras floats as part of their exclusive Passholder benefits.
New to this year’s event, guests can enjoy all-new food and beverage offerings at the Carnival Around the Universe tasting tent that will feature dishes inspired by carnivals worldwide with new menu items debuting bi-weekly throughout the event.
Plus returning to this year’s event are fan-favorite foodie add-on experiences, including the Bayou Boil, bringing guests an authentic New Orleans crawfish boil experience, as well as the Mardi Gras Tasting Lanyard which gives guests the chance to try a variety of classic New Orleans dishes throughout their visit, including gumbo, jambalaya, po boys and more.
For 16 select nights during the event, guests can even enjoy performances by some of the biggest names in music. Here is the Music Plaza Stage schedule:
- Saturday, Feb. 1 – The Roots
- Saturday, Feb. 8 – Karol G
- Saturday, Feb. 15 – Bell Biv DeVoe
- Sunday, Feb. 16 – +Live+
- Saturday, Feb. 22 – Kool & the Gang
- Saturday, Feb. 29 – TLC
- Saturday, Mar. 7 – REO Speedwagon
- Sunday, Mar. 8 – Dustin Lynch
- Friday, Mar. 13 – Luis Fonsi
- Saturday, Mar. 14 – The All-American Rejects
- Sunday, Mar. 15 – Diana Ross
- Friday, Mar. 20 – Chris Young
- Saturday, Mar. 21 – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Sunday, Mar. 22 – Marshmello
- Saturday, Mar. 28 – Why Don’t We
- Sunday, Mar. 29 – Gavin DeGraw
There will also be New Orleans bands performing daily in the French Quarter Courtyard. Here is that schedule:
- Feb. 1 – Feb. 13: Dirty Bourbon River Show
- Feb. 14 – March 5: Free Agents Brass Band
- March 6 – March 21: New Breed Brass Band
- March 22 – April 2: Naughty Professor Brass Band
Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebration is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with a Seasonal or Annual Pass (blockout dates apply).
Florida residents can experience this year’s Mardi Gras celebration and the spring season by saving up to $65 on multi-day tickets. They can also save up to $75 on Seasonal and Annual Passes.
For more information on Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras, visit universalorlando.com.
- World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park to Open in Central Florida Feb 2022 .. #PeppaPigFlorida @PeppaPigFlorida - October 14, 2021
- The Orange Cup Regatta Returns to Lakeland Oct 16-17, 2021 .. #OrangeCupRegatta @APBA_Racing @CentralFLSports - October 13, 2021
- Universal’s Mardi Gras Returns to Universal Orlando in 2022 .. @UniversalOrlando #MardiGras - October 12, 2021
- Disney Genie and Lightning Lane Launch Oct. 19 at Walt Disney World .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyGenie #LightningLane - October 10, 2021
- Come Out With Pride Orlando Takes Over Lake Eola Oct. 9, 2021 .. #ComeOutWithPride @orlandopride - October 7, 2021
- Universal Orlando To Close Shrek 4-D Attraction .. @UniversalOrlando #Shrek4D - October 6, 2021
- Celebrate National Taco Day 2021 With These Orlando-Area Restaurant Deals .. #NationalTacoDay #OrlandoTacos #OrlandoFoodies - October 4, 2021
- IMMERSE 2021 to Take Over Downtown Orlando Oct 15-17! .. #IMMERSEOrlando #OrlandoArts #CreativeCity #JOYBOX #COLORDAYOrlando - October 2, 2021
- Brick Or Treat Returns To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Oct 2, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat - September 30, 2021
- Out and About: Magical Dining at Amatista Cookhouse at Loew’s Sapphire Falls Resort .. #MagicalDining @VisitOrlando #AmatistaCookhouse #LoewsHotels - September 27, 2021