Low-fare air carrier Frontier Airlines recently announced that it has opened a new 11,000-square-foot flight attendant recurrent training center in Orlando.
The center will provide training for both flight attendants and customer service team members. The facility features three interactive classrooms, emergency/medical workshop areas and a specially equipped area for conducting emergency evacuation drills and procedures.
The center will be staffed with full-time instructors and training support team members.
It also has received approval by the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority for its plans to build a 35,000-square-foot hangar at Orlando International Airport (MCO).
The $10 million maintenance hangar will include indoor parking for Frontier’s largest aircraft, the Airbus A321, and an outdoor auxiliary pad for two additional Airbus A320 family aircraft.
Construction on the new hangar is planned to begin in 2020 and will take a year and a half to complete. Frontier plans to utilize the new facility for daily maintenance operations and more extensive work, including engine and landing gear changes.
Frontier expects the facility to create more than 45 new jobs in Orlando with an average salary of $75,000 to support its operations, doubling its current maintenance workforce at the airport.
“Frontier’s plan to extend their presence at Orlando International Airport with new facilities, in addition to their strong flight operations, is welcomed as an opportunity for jobs as well as increased service and efficiency for their fleet,” said Phil Brown, Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “This addition can certainly benefit the Central Florida region.”
Frontier currently offers 57 nonstop options from MCO, the most of any airline at the airport. Learn more at flyfrontier.com.
[artist rendering courtesy Frontier Airlines]
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020
- MEGACON Orlando Cancels Fall LIMITED EDITION and Announces 2021 Dates .. #MegaCon #MegaConOrlando - July 27, 2020
- Universal Orlando Announces Cancellation of Halloween Horror Nights for 2020 .. #UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #HHN2020 - July 24, 2020
- Universal Orlando Also Closes Face Covering Loophole for Guests .. #UniversalOrlando #ParkSafety - July 23, 2020