Low-fare air carrier Frontier Airlines recently announced that it has opened a new 11,000-square-foot flight attendant recurrent training center in Orlando.
The center will provide training for both flight attendants and customer service team members. The facility features three interactive classrooms, emergency/medical workshop areas and a specially equipped area for conducting emergency evacuation drills and procedures.
The center will be staffed with full-time instructors and training support team members.
It also has received approval by the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority for its plans to build a 35,000-square-foot hangar at Orlando International Airport (MCO).
The $10 million maintenance hangar will include indoor parking for Frontier’s largest aircraft, the Airbus A321, and an outdoor auxiliary pad for two additional Airbus A320 family aircraft.
Construction on the new hangar is planned to begin in 2020 and will take a year and a half to complete. Frontier plans to utilize the new facility for daily maintenance operations and more extensive work, including engine and landing gear changes.
Frontier expects the facility to create more than 45 new jobs in Orlando with an average salary of $75,000 to support its operations, doubling its current maintenance workforce at the airport.
“Frontier’s plan to extend their presence at Orlando International Airport with new facilities, in addition to their strong flight operations, is welcomed as an opportunity for jobs as well as increased service and efficiency for their fleet,” said Phil Brown, Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “This addition can certainly benefit the Central Florida region.”
Frontier currently offers 57 nonstop options from MCO, the most of any airline at the airport. Learn more at flyfrontier.com.
[artist rendering courtesy Frontier Airlines]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020