Low-fare air carrier Frontier Airlines recently announced that it has opened a new 11,000-square-foot flight attendant recurrent training center in Orlando.
The center will provide training for both flight attendants and customer service team members. The facility features three interactive classrooms, emergency/medical workshop areas and a specially equipped area for conducting emergency evacuation drills and procedures.
The center will be staffed with full-time instructors and training support team members.
It also has received approval by the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority for its plans to build a 35,000-square-foot hangar at Orlando International Airport (MCO).
The $10 million maintenance hangar will include indoor parking for Frontier’s largest aircraft, the Airbus A321, and an outdoor auxiliary pad for two additional Airbus A320 family aircraft.
Construction on the new hangar is planned to begin in 2020 and will take a year and a half to complete. Frontier plans to utilize the new facility for daily maintenance operations and more extensive work, including engine and landing gear changes.
Frontier expects the facility to create more than 45 new jobs in Orlando with an average salary of $75,000 to support its operations, doubling its current maintenance workforce at the airport.
“Frontier’s plan to extend their presence at Orlando International Airport with new facilities, in addition to their strong flight operations, is welcomed as an opportunity for jobs as well as increased service and efficiency for their fleet,” said Phil Brown, Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “This addition can certainly benefit the Central Florida region.”
Frontier currently offers 57 nonstop options from MCO, the most of any airline at the airport. Learn more at flyfrontier.com.
[artist rendering courtesy Frontier Airlines]
- Brightline to Construct Walt Disney World Station at Disney Springs .. @GoBrightline #WaltDisneyWorld - November 24, 2020
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Nov 28-29, 2020 .. #FusionFest #FusionFestOrlando - November 23, 2020
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites Opens at Universal Orlando December 2020 .. #EndlessSummerDockside @UniversalOrlando - November 22, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center’s Frontyard Festival Kicks Off Dec 5: What You Need to Know .. #FrontyardFestival #OrlandoArts #SaveOurStages @DrPhillipsCtr - November 21, 2020
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 27, 2020 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #Holidays - November 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating #Thanksgiving 2020 In Orlando - November 18, 2020
- Walt Disney World Reopens Petting Zoo at Affection Section in Disney’s Animal Kingdom .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneysAnimalKingdom - November 16, 2020
- Walt Disney World First Look at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Ride Vehicles .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #GOTG - November 15, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For November 13, 2020: Hawkers, Firehouse Subs, Pig Floyd’s, Tapa Toro, Gideons Bakehouse, White Castle, First Watch, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - November 13, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebration 2020 Kicks Off Nov. 14 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ChristmasCelebration - November 10, 2020