Time to take a magic carpet ride as Disney’s Aladdin, part of the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando series, will transform the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts into a whole new world from January 22 through February 9, 2020.
Even better, Orlando native Michael James Scott will come home to play the iconic role in Orlando for the three-week engagement. Scott has previously played Genie on Broadway, in London’s West End, on the North American tour, and in Australia, where he originated the part and won a Helpmann Award (the Australian version of The Tony Award).
Korie Lee Blossey, the tour’s current Genie, will return to the role following the Orlando engagement.
Aladdin, the hit musical based on the Academy Award®-winning animated film, opened on Broadway at the New Amsterdam Theatre to critical acclaim on March 20, 2014 and quickly established itself as one of the biggest new blockbusters in recent years, breaking 14 New Amsterdam Theatre house records.
Worldwide it has welcomed more than 10 million people and grossed over $1 billion.
Aladdin, adapted from the Academy Award®-winning animated Disney film and centuries-old folktales including “One Thousand and One Nights,” is brought to fresh theatrical life in this bold musical.
This production features a full score, including the five cherished songs from the Academy Award-winning soundtrack, and more written especially for the stage.
For more information, visit AladdinTheMusical.com/tour.
Tickets start at $31, and are available at DrPhillipsCenter.org, the venue box office, or via Ticketmaster.
Join us and other Orlando arts bloggers for a Twitter Chat about “Disney’s Aladdin” on Monday, January 13, at 8pm EST via the hashtag #OrlandoBroadwaySeries!
[Photos courtesy Dr. Phillips Center/photographer Deen van Meer]
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020