Aloma Bowl in Winter Park has announced it is bringing back its popular singing competition, Karaoke Idol, for season two starting January 31, 2020.
Any amateur performers ages 18 and up are eligible for the competition, which will run through March 13. At the end of the competition, one star will be named Aloma Bowl’s Karaoke Idol and receive a cash prize.
First place will not only take home the coveted Karaoke Idol title but a $1,000 cash prize. Second place will earn $500 cash and third place will win a $100 gift card to the center.
Qualifier rounds will be held Jan. 31, Feb. 7, Feb. 14 and Feb. 21. Singers should come prepared with their favorite tune, and audience applause will decide which three contestants will advance to the semi-finals each night.
To enter, karaoke hopefuls must submit an entry form in person no later than a half hour before the preliminaries. Forms are available at Aloma Bowl’s Brooklyn Bar South, and there is no entry fee.
No instruments are allowed, and performers must compete individually. Previous winners aren’t eligible to compete.
The semi-finals will take place on Feb. 26 and March 6. Each contestant will perform two songs, and audience applause will decide who gets a ticket to the finals.
On March 13, the six finalists will sing their hearts out to two songs, and a panel of local celebrity judges along with the audience will decide who deserves the title.
For more information, visit alomabowlfun.com.
- Huey Magoo’s to Grand Open in Downtown Orlando August 17, 2022 .. #HueyMagoos #OrlandoFoodies #DowntownOrlando - August 16, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Issues Challenge for National Roller Coaster Day Aug. 16 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #RollerCoasters #NationalRollerCoasterDay - August 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando To Host Passholder Appreciation Days Aug 15 – Sept 30, 2022 .. #UniversalOrlando #UOAP #PassholderAppreciationDays - August 12, 2022
- ‘Sip And Savor’ Highlights Orlando Restaurants And Bars Aug 8-21, 2022 .. #SipandSavorOTown #Foodies #EatLocal - August 8, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Craft Beer Festival Returns Starting Aug 5, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer #Orlando - August 4, 2022
- Brightline Construction Road Closures for August 2022 .. #Brightline #Orlando - August 3, 2022
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Hosting Back-To-School Giveaway Aug 1-7, 2022 .. #MuseumofIllusions #MOIOrlando #ICONPark - July 31, 2022
- Bites & Bubbles Kicks Off Happy Hour August 1, 2022 .. #BitesandBubbles #HappyHour #OrlandoHappyHours - July 30, 2022
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 25-Aug 7, 2022 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 24, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launches at Walt Disney World July 27 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicBandPlus - July 21, 2022