Homegrown talent takes the stage in the 2020 AMP’d Series at Dr. Phillips Center, presented by Michelob Ultra with radio partner WJRR.
Showcasing five of Central Florida’s best-loved bands and artists over five months, the AMP’d Series returns with an eclectic lineup made for every music fan in the Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater.
And the best part? Every seat is only $20! Here’s the 2020 line-up:
Show Date: Monday, February 10, 2020
Established in 2011, Oklahoma Stackhouse is an Orlando, FL. based band blurring the lines between blues, reggae, rock, ska, jazz, and funk. In 2015, Oklahoma Stackhouse released their second full length album “Bird Dog Blues”. The band’s unique style and high energy culminate in live shows that anyone and everyone can enjoy. Pick your three favorite genres of music. Put them in a blender. Add some horns. Toss on a thin layer of satire, and you’re well on your way to understanding the Oklahoma Stackhouse approach to music.
Someday Honey featuring Kaleigh Baker
Show Date: Monday, March 9, 2020
Formed in early 2018, three St. Petersburg musicians and an Orlando Transplant came together for a series of Monday night musical excursions at St. Pete’s greatest listening Room, Hideaway Cafe. What they didn’t know was that the combination of individual styles would become an undeniably sweet amalgamation. They are WONKY TONK; A Honey coined genre consisting of an emotionally harmonic synthesis of Rhythm and Blues, Rock and Soul with good old-fashioned Americana undertones.
Show Date: Monday, April 20, 2020
The thunderous singer, front man, and songwriter of Soul/Funk Band The Legendary JC’s steps up! A drummer, percussionist, and singer from a musical family, Eugene taught himself guitar, wrote new songs and hopes to attain mellifluous absolution.
Universal Funk Orchestra
Show Date: Monday, May 18, 2020
Fronted by DJ Dizzlephunk (Family Gang, American Jesus, Unit Shifters), UFO’s current line-up is a veritable who’s who of their current scene, while retaining the familial ties of the past. From the positive rapid-fire raps of Brian B-True (Beebs and Her Money Makers, Windchime, Horizen), the smooth-to-greasy Saxophone work of Joe Capati (The Mellow Relics, Gary Lazer Eyes), the energetic drumming of Chris LeBrane (Family Gang, Kaleigh Baker and NEM, The Aristocracy), to the frenetic kinetic guitar power of The Jester (Family Gang, Jester Royale, Tears of a Tyrant), Universal Funk Orchestra’s sonic drive reaches far into many different genres.
Show Date: Monday, June 22, 2020
As a fixture in the Americana scene and constant presence in the support of his fellow artists Mike has a holistic approach to rock n’ roll creativity through photography, videography and event production. “It’s all part of the story, the music comes first but everything around it helps tell the message.” That message is loud and clear in Dunn’s new tunes and fortunately for the rest of us, this is a rock ’n roll party with Americana grit and power pop hooks we’re all welcome to attend.
Tickets are $20 for any seat at any show, and may be purchased online at drphillipscenter.org, by calling 844.513.2014, or by visiting the Bill and Mary Darden Box Office in person at Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020