If you’re a fan of Jane Austen, you’ll want to check out the Orlando Shakes production of “Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley,” running at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center through December 29.
In this “Pride and Prejudice” sequel, set two years after the novel ends, all your favorites – Lizzy, Mr. Darcy, Jane, Lydia, and especially Mary Bennet – have gathered for Christmas.
Mary has been written off as a spinster, but when a curious visitor comes for the holiday, Mary blossoms, finding a kindred spirit who challenges her intellect and just may capture her heart.
Find out what happens by taking in a showing of “Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley,” written by Lauren Gunderson and Margot Melcon.
For more information, visit OrlandoShakes.org.
PERFORMANCE INFORMATION AND RELATED EVENTS
- Senior Matinees: December 18, 19, & 26 at 2pm
- Talk Back Performance: December 22 at 2pm
- ASL Interpreted Performance: December 26 at 7pm
If it were a movie, Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley would be rated “PG”. Children under 5 will not be admitted to the theater.
- Wednesdays – Saturdays at 7:30pm, and every Sunday and select Saturdays at 2pm – starting at $30
- Senior Matinees – starting at $20
DISCOUNTS (May not be combined with any other offers)
- Group Sales: 20% off groups of 10+
- Student Rush: $15 – 30 minutes prior to show w/ valid student ID
- Student and Active/Retired Military: $10 off single ticket prices w/ valid ID (Only available in Price Levels A and B)
- $25 Under 35: Patrons under 35 years old can purchase $25 tickets for evening and weekend matinee performances during December 18 – 22. Call the Box Office at (407) 447-1700 ext. 1 or purchase online with code word: 25UNDER35 (Only available in Price Levels B and C.)
- Mary Bennet: Kristin Shirilla*
- Arthur de Bourgh: Cameron Francis*
- Elizabeth Darcy : Lauren Culver
- Fitzwilliam Darcy: Brett D. Waldon
- Jane Bingley: Samantha Potak
- Charles Bingley: Preston Ellis*
- Lydia Wickham: Brandy Bell
- Anne de Bourgh: Jillian Gizzi*
- Director: Anne Hering
- Scenic Designer: Chris McKinney
- Lighting Designer: Larry Rodriguez
- Costume Designer: Howard Vincent Kurtz**
- Sound Designer: Britt Sandusky
- Lighting Design Assistants: Sierra Goins, Kelsey Monteith, Joe Gugliuzza, & Levi Roberts
- AEA Stage Manager: Paige Gober*
*Member of Actors’ Equity Association
**Member of United Scenic Artists
[Production photo by Tony Firriolo for Orlando Shakes]
- Creative City Presents ‘Bright Young Things’ Starting October 2 .. #CreativeCity #OrlandoArts - September 29, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020