If you’re a fan of Jane Austen, you’ll want to check out the Orlando Shakes production of “Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley,” running at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center through December 29.
In this “Pride and Prejudice” sequel, set two years after the novel ends, all your favorites – Lizzy, Mr. Darcy, Jane, Lydia, and especially Mary Bennet – have gathered for Christmas.
Mary has been written off as a spinster, but when a curious visitor comes for the holiday, Mary blossoms, finding a kindred spirit who challenges her intellect and just may capture her heart.
Find out what happens by taking in a showing of “Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley,” written by Lauren Gunderson and Margot Melcon.
For more information, visit OrlandoShakes.org.
PERFORMANCE INFORMATION AND RELATED EVENTS
- Senior Matinees: December 18, 19, & 26 at 2pm
- Talk Back Performance: December 22 at 2pm
- ASL Interpreted Performance: December 26 at 7pm
If it were a movie, Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley would be rated “PG”. Children under 5 will not be admitted to the theater.
- Wednesdays – Saturdays at 7:30pm, and every Sunday and select Saturdays at 2pm – starting at $30
- Senior Matinees – starting at $20
DISCOUNTS (May not be combined with any other offers)
- Group Sales: 20% off groups of 10+
- Student Rush: $15 – 30 minutes prior to show w/ valid student ID
- Student and Active/Retired Military: $10 off single ticket prices w/ valid ID (Only available in Price Levels A and B)
- $25 Under 35: Patrons under 35 years old can purchase $25 tickets for evening and weekend matinee performances during December 18 – 22. Call the Box Office at (407) 447-1700 ext. 1 or purchase online with code word: 25UNDER35 (Only available in Price Levels B and C.)
- Mary Bennet: Kristin Shirilla*
- Arthur de Bourgh: Cameron Francis*
- Elizabeth Darcy : Lauren Culver
- Fitzwilliam Darcy: Brett D. Waldon
- Jane Bingley: Samantha Potak
- Charles Bingley: Preston Ellis*
- Lydia Wickham: Brandy Bell
- Anne de Bourgh: Jillian Gizzi*
- Director: Anne Hering
- Scenic Designer: Chris McKinney
- Lighting Designer: Larry Rodriguez
- Costume Designer: Howard Vincent Kurtz**
- Sound Designer: Britt Sandusky
- Lighting Design Assistants: Sierra Goins, Kelsey Monteith, Joe Gugliuzza, & Levi Roberts
- AEA Stage Manager: Paige Gober*
*Member of Actors’ Equity Association
**Member of United Scenic Artists
[Production photo by Tony Firriolo for Orlando Shakes]
- Aloma Bowl to Host Karaoke Idol Second Season Starting Jan 31 .. @Aloma_Bowl #karaoke - January 27, 2020
- Universal Orlando Mardi Gras 2020 Kicks Off Feb 1 With Parades, Live Concerts, and More .. @UniversalOrlando #MardiGras - January 26, 2020
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney on Broadway Concert from Epcot Jan 25, 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney - January 25, 2020
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare To Celebrate Chinese New Year Jan 25, 2020 .. #EatatHawkers - January 24, 2020
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020
- Lucky’s Market to Close Nearly All Central Florida Stores by February 2020 .. @LuckysMarket - January 21, 2020
- Poo-Pourri Giant Poo Experience Tour to Make Orlando Stop January 24-26, 2020 .. @PooPourri - January 21, 2020
- 2020 AMP’d Series Showcases Local Talent at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr - January 20, 2020