At a press conference yesterday, the rumors of White Castle opening a location in Orlando were confirmed. But this won’t just be a ordinary location.
Besides confirming White Castle will open its first Florida location in decades, it announced that the Orlando location will also be the brand’s largest.
That makes sense considering the reaction White Castle got when it brought its food truck to Fun Spot America’s two Central Florida locations in 2015. At times, lines were 2-3 hours long with people waiting to place their order.
“Florida Cravers have long been asking for us to open a castle there,” said Lisa Ingram, president and CEO of White Castle and a fourth-generation family member. “We believe now is the right time for us enter the Sunshine State, and Orlando is an ideal location to launch our business there.”
The 4,500-square-foot restaurant will be located at The Village at O-Town West, on Daryl Carter Parkway and Palm Parkway, near Walt Disney World and SeaWorld Orlando.
Like other White Castle locations, the Orlando location will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So no matter when the WC craving hits, they’ll be open.
O-Town West developer Chuck Whittall said they expect to break ground in early 2020, with an opening sometime late 2020/early 2021.
Are you looking forward to having a White Castle in Orlando? Let us know in comments.
[Images courtesy White Castle]
- Universal Orlando Mardi Gras 2020 Kicks Off Feb 1 With Parades, Live Concerts, and More .. @UniversalOrlando #MardiGras - January 26, 2020
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney on Broadway Concert from Epcot Jan 25, 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney - January 25, 2020
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare To Celebrate Chinese New Year Jan 25, 2020 .. #EatatHawkers - January 24, 2020
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020
- Lucky’s Market to Close Nearly All Central Florida Stores by February 2020 .. @LuckysMarket - January 21, 2020
- Poo-Pourri Giant Poo Experience Tour to Make Orlando Stop January 24-26, 2020 .. @PooPourri - January 21, 2020
- 2020 AMP’d Series Showcases Local Talent at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr - January 20, 2020
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends In January and February 2020 .. #BuiltForKids @LegolandFlorida - January 19, 2020