At a press conference yesterday, the rumors of White Castle opening a location in Orlando were confirmed. But this won’t just be a ordinary location.
Besides confirming White Castle will open its first Florida location in decades, it announced that the Orlando location will also be the brand’s largest.
That makes sense considering the reaction White Castle got when it brought its food truck to Fun Spot America’s two Central Florida locations in 2015. At times, lines were 2-3 hours long with people waiting to place their order.
“Florida Cravers have long been asking for us to open a castle there,” said Lisa Ingram, president and CEO of White Castle and a fourth-generation family member. “We believe now is the right time for us enter the Sunshine State, and Orlando is an ideal location to launch our business there.”
The 4,500-square-foot restaurant will be located at The Village at O-Town West, on Daryl Carter Parkway and Palm Parkway, near Walt Disney World and SeaWorld Orlando.
Like other White Castle locations, the Orlando location will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So no matter when the WC craving hits, they’ll be open.
O-Town West developer Chuck Whittall said they expect to break ground in early 2020, with an opening sometime late 2020/early 2021.
Are you looking forward to having a White Castle in Orlando? Let us know in comments.
[Images courtesy White Castle]
- Walt Disney World To Cut Theme Park Hours Starting in September .. #WaltDisneyWorld - August 11, 2020
- Enchanted Fairy Doors Returns to Harry P. Leu Gardens … #LeuGardens #FairyDoors - August 10, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020