Orlando’s Mad Cow Theatre will present their next production, Fade, select nights August 23 through September 15, 2019.
Fade tells the compelling story of a Latina television writer in Los Angles creating a conversation about the complexity of the Latinx experience in America today.
In this sharp, true-to-life new comedy, Mexican-American Lucia is hired to write for a Latina TV character in a cutthroat Hollywood TV studio.
She soon discovers that the office custodian, Abel, has a windfall of plot ideas. As their friendship grows, his stories start to blur with hers with unexpected consequences.
The role of Lucia is played by Jennifer Coe in her Mad Cow debut. Her co-worker Abel is played by Alejandro Guevarez (Mariana Pineda, Los Arboles Mueren del Pie, Science Play Fest 2018)
Fade is directed by Eliana Stratico (Mariana Pineda, Los Arbole Mueren del Pie, Teatro play readings), set design is Cliff Price (Outside Mullingar, Gloria, Buyer & Cellar, Bad Jews) and in their Mad Cow debuts, Ethan Vail is the lighting designer, Victoria Ordeman is the costume designer, and Lona Nguyen stage manages.
“We are thrilled to present Fade and tell the story of Lucia and Abel” says Mitzi Maxwell, executive director, in a press release. “The Mexican culture has been oppressed and misunderstood. This play embraces heritage and identity which are so very important to cultures that have been marginalized through racism. We invite the entire community to join us to understand these issues and further understanding and healing.”
Tickets are $30-$42 for regular performances. Preview tickets are $15 for Aug 21-22 performances. Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday Performance will take place September 11 at 8pm.
Students and Military receive a $10 discount with ID.
Tickets are available at madcowtheatre.com or by calling patron services at Mad Cow Theatre at 407-297-8788 ext. 1.
Performances are at 8pm Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and 3pm Sundays, with additional performances Saturday, August 31 at 3pm, and Wednesday, September 11 at 8pm.
Talkbacks take place after each Thursday and Sunday performance. Talkbacks are free to audience members, and the public may attend at no extra cost.
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021