Orlando’s Mad Cow Theatre will present their next production, Fade, select nights August 23 through September 15, 2019.
Fade tells the compelling story of a Latina television writer in Los Angles creating a conversation about the complexity of the Latinx experience in America today.
In this sharp, true-to-life new comedy, Mexican-American Lucia is hired to write for a Latina TV character in a cutthroat Hollywood TV studio.
She soon discovers that the office custodian, Abel, has a windfall of plot ideas. As their friendship grows, his stories start to blur with hers with unexpected consequences.
The role of Lucia is played by Jennifer Coe in her Mad Cow debut. Her co-worker Abel is played by Alejandro Guevarez (Mariana Pineda, Los Arboles Mueren del Pie, Science Play Fest 2018)
Fade is directed by Eliana Stratico (Mariana Pineda, Los Arbole Mueren del Pie, Teatro play readings), set design is Cliff Price (Outside Mullingar, Gloria, Buyer & Cellar, Bad Jews) and in their Mad Cow debuts, Ethan Vail is the lighting designer, Victoria Ordeman is the costume designer, and Lona Nguyen stage manages.
“We are thrilled to present Fade and tell the story of Lucia and Abel” says Mitzi Maxwell, executive director, in a press release. “The Mexican culture has been oppressed and misunderstood. This play embraces heritage and identity which are so very important to cultures that have been marginalized through racism. We invite the entire community to join us to understand these issues and further understanding and healing.”
Tickets are $30-$42 for regular performances. Preview tickets are $15 for Aug 21-22 performances. Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday Performance will take place September 11 at 8pm.
Students and Military receive a $10 discount with ID.
Tickets are available at madcowtheatre.com or by calling patron services at Mad Cow Theatre at 407-297-8788 ext. 1.
Performances are at 8pm Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and 3pm Sundays, with additional performances Saturday, August 31 at 3pm, and Wednesday, September 11 at 8pm.
Talkbacks take place after each Thursday and Sunday performance. Talkbacks are free to audience members, and the public may attend at no extra cost.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Hosts Free Online Preview of PlayFest 2020 on Sept 12 .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - September 10, 2020
- Cannes Short Film Festival to Screen Orlando Ballet Documentary Starting Sept 13 .. @OrlandoBallet #OrlandoArts - September 9, 2020
- Orlando Main Streets Launches ‘Local Orlando’ Visitors’ Guide .. @OrlMainStreets - September 7, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Admission for Florida K-12 Teachers Through August 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #TeacherDiscounts - September 6, 2020
- Teak Neighborhood Grill Hosts 2nd Annual “Burger World Tour” with $5 Burgers .. @TeakOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants #Burgers - September 5, 2020
- Orlando Magic Team Up with City of Orlando to Turn Amway Center Into Early Voting Center and Mail Ballot Drop-Off Location .. @CityBeautiful @AmwayCenter @OrlandoMagic #Voting - September 3, 2020