Orlando’s Mad Cow Theatre will present their next production, Fade, select nights August 23 through September 15, 2019.
Fade tells the compelling story of a Latina television writer in Los Angles creating a conversation about the complexity of the Latinx experience in America today.
In this sharp, true-to-life new comedy, Mexican-American Lucia is hired to write for a Latina TV character in a cutthroat Hollywood TV studio.
She soon discovers that the office custodian, Abel, has a windfall of plot ideas. As their friendship grows, his stories start to blur with hers with unexpected consequences.
The role of Lucia is played by Jennifer Coe in her Mad Cow debut. Her co-worker Abel is played by Alejandro Guevarez (Mariana Pineda, Los Arboles Mueren del Pie, Science Play Fest 2018)
Fade is directed by Eliana Stratico (Mariana Pineda, Los Arbole Mueren del Pie, Teatro play readings), set design is Cliff Price (Outside Mullingar, Gloria, Buyer & Cellar, Bad Jews) and in their Mad Cow debuts, Ethan Vail is the lighting designer, Victoria Ordeman is the costume designer, and Lona Nguyen stage manages.
“We are thrilled to present Fade and tell the story of Lucia and Abel” says Mitzi Maxwell, executive director, in a press release. “The Mexican culture has been oppressed and misunderstood. This play embraces heritage and identity which are so very important to cultures that have been marginalized through racism. We invite the entire community to join us to understand these issues and further understanding and healing.”
Tickets are $30-$42 for regular performances. Preview tickets are $15 for Aug 21-22 performances. Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday Performance will take place September 11 at 8pm.
Students and Military receive a $10 discount with ID.
Tickets are available at madcowtheatre.com or by calling patron services at Mad Cow Theatre at 407-297-8788 ext. 1.
Performances are at 8pm Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and 3pm Sundays, with additional performances Saturday, August 31 at 3pm, and Wednesday, September 11 at 8pm.
Talkbacks take place after each Thursday and Sunday performance. Talkbacks are free to audience members, and the public may attend at no extra cost.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019