Orlando’s Mad Cow Theatre will present their next production, Fade, select nights August 23 through September 15, 2019.
Fade tells the compelling story of a Latina television writer in Los Angles creating a conversation about the complexity of the Latinx experience in America today.
In this sharp, true-to-life new comedy, Mexican-American Lucia is hired to write for a Latina TV character in a cutthroat Hollywood TV studio.
She soon discovers that the office custodian, Abel, has a windfall of plot ideas. As their friendship grows, his stories start to blur with hers with unexpected consequences.
The role of Lucia is played by Jennifer Coe in her Mad Cow debut. Her co-worker Abel is played by Alejandro Guevarez (Mariana Pineda, Los Arboles Mueren del Pie, Science Play Fest 2018)
Fade is directed by Eliana Stratico (Mariana Pineda, Los Arbole Mueren del Pie, Teatro play readings), set design is Cliff Price (Outside Mullingar, Gloria, Buyer & Cellar, Bad Jews) and in their Mad Cow debuts, Ethan Vail is the lighting designer, Victoria Ordeman is the costume designer, and Lona Nguyen stage manages.
“We are thrilled to present Fade and tell the story of Lucia and Abel” says Mitzi Maxwell, executive director, in a press release. “The Mexican culture has been oppressed and misunderstood. This play embraces heritage and identity which are so very important to cultures that have been marginalized through racism. We invite the entire community to join us to understand these issues and further understanding and healing.”
Tickets are $30-$42 for regular performances. Preview tickets are $15 for Aug 21-22 performances. Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday Performance will take place September 11 at 8pm.
Students and Military receive a $10 discount with ID.
Tickets are available at madcowtheatre.com or by calling patron services at Mad Cow Theatre at 407-297-8788 ext. 1.
Performances are at 8pm Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and 3pm Sundays, with additional performances Saturday, August 31 at 3pm, and Wednesday, September 11 at 8pm.
Talkbacks take place after each Thursday and Sunday performance. Talkbacks are free to audience members, and the public may attend at no extra cost.
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PeppaPig - February 25, 2021
- Kevin Smith to Bring Mooby’s Pop-Up To Tin Roof Orlando in March .. @MoobysPopUp @ThatKevinSmith @tinrooforlando #MoobysOrlando - February 24, 2021
- Monster Jam Returns To Camping World Stadium Feb 27-28, 2021 .. @MonsterJam - February 23, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2021 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 22, 2021
- First Details Released for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyWorld50 - February 21, 2021
- Wekiva Paint Out Returns to Wekiva Island Feb 21-27, 2021 .. #WekivaPaintOut @WekivaIsland - February 18, 2021
- Out and About: Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show Debuts at LEGOLAND Florida! .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #BuiltForKids #BrickbeardsWatersportsStuntShow #Be10Too #Pirates - February 13, 2021
- Orlando Science Center Unveils New Tiny Green Home at Loch Haven Park .. @CityBeautiful @OrlandoScience @OUCreliableone #TinyGreenHome - February 12, 2021
- Otronicon Returns To The Orlando Science Center Feb 12-15, 2021 .. @OrlandoScience @Otronicon - February 11, 2021
- New PirateFest Weekends Kick off at LEGOLAND Florida Starting Feb 12, 2021! .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - February 10, 2021