Orlando’s Mad Cow Theatre will present their next production, Fade, select nights August 23 through September 15, 2019.
Fade tells the compelling story of a Latina television writer in Los Angles creating a conversation about the complexity of the Latinx experience in America today.
In this sharp, true-to-life new comedy, Mexican-American Lucia is hired to write for a Latina TV character in a cutthroat Hollywood TV studio.
She soon discovers that the office custodian, Abel, has a windfall of plot ideas. As their friendship grows, his stories start to blur with hers with unexpected consequences.
The role of Lucia is played by Jennifer Coe in her Mad Cow debut. Her co-worker Abel is played by Alejandro Guevarez (Mariana Pineda, Los Arboles Mueren del Pie, Science Play Fest 2018)
Fade is directed by Eliana Stratico (Mariana Pineda, Los Arbole Mueren del Pie, Teatro play readings), set design is Cliff Price (Outside Mullingar, Gloria, Buyer & Cellar, Bad Jews) and in their Mad Cow debuts, Ethan Vail is the lighting designer, Victoria Ordeman is the costume designer, and Lona Nguyen stage manages.
“We are thrilled to present Fade and tell the story of Lucia and Abel” says Mitzi Maxwell, executive director, in a press release. “The Mexican culture has been oppressed and misunderstood. This play embraces heritage and identity which are so very important to cultures that have been marginalized through racism. We invite the entire community to join us to understand these issues and further understanding and healing.”
Tickets are $30-$42 for regular performances. Preview tickets are $15 for Aug 21-22 performances. Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday Performance will take place September 11 at 8pm.
Students and Military receive a $10 discount with ID.
Tickets are available at madcowtheatre.com or by calling patron services at Mad Cow Theatre at 407-297-8788 ext. 1.
Performances are at 8pm Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and 3pm Sundays, with additional performances Saturday, August 31 at 3pm, and Wednesday, September 11 at 8pm.
Talkbacks take place after each Thursday and Sunday performance. Talkbacks are free to audience members, and the public may attend at no extra cost.
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020
- Crayola Experience Orlando Launches Search for “Kid CEO for the Day” .. @VisitCrayolaORL @VisitCrayola - March 27, 2020
- MEGACON™ Orlando Has Been Postponed to June 4-7, 2020 .. @MegaConOrlando #MegaConOrlando - March 24, 2020
- FAIRWINDS Broadway In Orlando Shows ‘Miss Saigon’ and ‘A Bronx Tale’ at Dr. Phillips Center Have Been Cancelled .. @DrPhillipsCtr @MissSaigonUS @ABronxTaleTour #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - March 23, 2020
- ‘Drawn to Life’ by Cirque du Soleil Postpones March Previews at Disney Springs .. @Cirque @WaltDisneyWorld #DrawnToLife - March 18, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s List of Orlando and Central Florida Closures, Postponements, and Cancellations Due to Coronavirus (Continuously Updated) || #LastUpdated March 27 @ 3pm || - March 14, 2020
- Out and About: Trying the Limited Time “Bone In, Bold Flavors” Menu at LongHorn Steakhouse .. @LongHornSteaks #BoneInBoldFlavor - March 13, 2020
- What Coronavirus Means for Orlando’s Economy and How You Can Help .. #Coronavirus #VisitOrlando #LiveLocal - March 12, 2020
- Out and About: Lunch at Huey Magoo’s in Dr. Phillips .. @HueyMagoos #OrlandoEats #DiningReview - March 12, 2020